Sponsored

Rivian Eyes Laguna Beach South Coast Cinemas

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
https://www.ocbj.com/news/2020/jul/30/rivian-eyes-laguna-beach-south-coast-cinema/

The company said it has proposed acquiring the property and will remake it into a showroom-like space complete with a coffee bar, screenings and events in addition to opportunities for test drives.
For Rivian, the Laguna retail project is part of a larger retail strategy that calls for 10 locations to open by the end of next year for purposes of showcasing its SUV and truck, both of which are expected to see 2021 deliveries.
Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I hope at least one of those 10 retail locations lands in TX.

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagn; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2021 Toy Mirai
This makes perfectly good sense in light of Rivian moving more of its engineering resources to Irvine as was announced earlier in the month. Irvine and Laguna Beach are not quite next door neighbors, as they're about 15 miles apart, but in the SoCal way of thinking, 15 miles is nothing.

I suspect there will be a Northern California retail location too, and there's a lot of nice cinema space that's closed up here, but I'm happy to go to Laguna Beach if necessary. I've got a brother in Manhattan Beach.

Last edited:

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
I like it!
Laguna is a cool town. Has an artist and surf culture, some world class mountain bike trails, and it’s 20 minutes from my house.

Sponsored

jimrichard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Toyota Tundra, 2017 Infiniti Q50
Occupation
Self
Well the concept of tapping into the local artistic community is very cool and smart. Rivian might become the next hot thing making Tesla kind of corporate and old feeling. How about joining with REI somehow now ? I cant say I really understand how you make a car showroom out of an old theatre easily.

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
Partnering with REI, Sylvansport, or other outdoor brands seems like a really good idea.

UT Rivian

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMWM2

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagn; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2021 Toy Mirai
In early videos, RJ and others mentioned Patagonia, as a brand identity to which Rivian aspired, but there 's nothing untoward about having a number of outdoorsy partners.

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
I wouldn’t t be surprised to see them partner with The North Face since they seem to have teamed up with Alex Honnold and they are one of his main sponsors.

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

A part of Rivian's philosophy is sustainability so as long as they are a sustainable company, or have some program that "allows" credits, they are for it. For instance, the MiiR bottles and coffee cups, they have passed out at events aren't sustainable, but if you look at the bottom of the products, there is a GIVE code with a website that you can go to and enter that code. Once entered, MiiR donates proceeds towards a green company or project around the world. The Rivian shirts that you see most wearing and that I am fortunate enough to have is from sustainable means. Not sure about The North Face. This will definitely be a cool experience to see once these 10 locations are up and running.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Eyes Laguna Beach South Coast Cinemas Miir
Sponsored