Rivian executive acknowledges R1S AC noise problem

Forrester

First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
This is a long standing issue that started with the June 2023 OTA. I thought it was bad (it is) but it got even worse with 2024.07.03.

Now the AC compressor quickly ramps to max (buzzing and vibration), runs for 23 seconds and instantly drops to zero. Wait 2 minutes and it ramps again to max for 23 seconds and drops to zero. Over and over and over. It doesn’t matter what the ambient temperature is inside or out or what the battery temperature is. It’s just on a wicked repeat cycle. The only way to get it to stop (other than turning off the HVAC) is to turn on recycle.

It goes in to the SC this Friday for the third time to “troubleshoot”. Hint: it’s software induced.
Agreed... This is really bad. This will be my 3rd attempt to have this issue resolved. The last time our truck was at the SC they told me they would replace the AC system. We got our truck back last week and it seems worse now than before. Now the system makes loud noises and it doesnt' matter with the fan speed or ambient temperature.
Beyond frustrated... and we haven't even begin to approach summer here in Florida.
Sponsored

Surferdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Just picked my R1S up and the AC noise is absolutely insane. Vehicle is totally unusable. It's not even that hot now. Low 80s. I would have assumed this got resolved by now but they are still giving these defective vehicles to new customers and making us go through the repair process. Beyond disappointed especially after waiting 5+ years