Sponsored

Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Touareg, A8, Q7 urQ
You must have won the Tesla lottery here. The Bang and Olufsen I had in my Audi S4 and most of the Audi's with Bang and Olufsen (especially the upgraded 3D system in more expensive trims) was a far better audio system than what I have in my Model S right now.

The Bang and Olufsen was louder, cleaner, vibrant and warmer than what ever Tesla is doing. Not saying the Tesla system is bad, it is clean and very clear and can get loud. But it does not have the warmth or the presence the Bang and Olufsen had.

I need to crank the volume slider up to maybe level 7 or 8 of 10 before I can even begin to enjoy audio in my Tesla. But the Audi had what I call the infinite volume knob which I can keep cranking up and as the volume goes up the system comes alive. Listening to music in the Audi always felt like I was in a live performance and with a Tesla I know music is coming from speakers.

Part of this is probably due to the fact the Tesla still does not know how to do interiors and sound deadening and what ever they are doing as ANR barely does anything. So part of Tesla's problem is that their audio system is competing with road noise and lack of any real sound isolation. And I would imagine Rivian would have the same challenges.
My wife's Q7 has the 3D B&O and it is by far the best stock in car audio system I have heard. It is noticeably better than the lower grade B&O that was in her Q5, which was not bad. The Q7 has a multidisc CD changer and an old school ipod input for Apple lossless. Sometimes newer isn't better I guess.
Sponsored

Step Brady

First Name
Step
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 TT, Ford Expedition L
This post fits a pattern for you that is extremely obvious in your short time here:

1. Post a word salad of uninformed opinions that contradict each other.
  2. Get called out on your word salad.
  3. Post something completely unrelated or irrelevant to the topics you brought up in the word salad.
  4. Get called out on your confusing behavior.
  5. Post word salad of insults not related to any of the above topics.
Why are you keeping your Rivian reservation? If you believe even 1/10 of the BS you have posted in this thread you would be the biggest hypocrite on the planet if you take delivery.

I have a full life. Part of it is spent here interacting with fascinating characters like yourself. Thanks for your concern though:giggle:
Three thousand three hundred and twenty post and that is in fourteen months. You post an average of EIGHT post every single day! I would inform your health care professional on your next visit. Anshultz Medical Center down on East Colfax may be able to help you.

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Long time reader, no need to post except when company and product are going down!
Can't be true, that's the only time the other guy posts too.

KWeimer711

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 / Genesis
Occupation
Product Marketing
I completely understand the frustration some have with the removal of the Meridian branding/components. You buy a very expensive vehicle, you have some expectation that there is an association for the audio system with a company with expertise in speakers, amplification, and DSP.

Tesla is the only other luxury auto maker with vehicles in the 6 figures (that I am aware of) with no brand association with their audio system - but it sounds excellent and after the branding buzz wears off, the audio quality and enjoyment when listening to the system is all that matters.
and just because the Tesla system is unbranded does not mean that Tesla made it

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Three thousand three hundred and twenty post and that is in fourteen months. You post an average of EIGHT post every single day! I would inform your health care professional on your next visit. Anshultz Medical Center down on East Colfax may be able to help you.
Thank you for the post count. Will you follow me to the grocery store and count the items in my basket so I know if I can use the express lane?

This may surprise you because it appears you have trouble keeping your thoughts organized, but lots of regular people can manage to work and do other things at the same time. It’s called multitasking and I suggest you get a coach or take some classes if you want to try it, because of your word salad problem.

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Dude what is wrong with you?

Wow.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Should we rename this Thread to fixing all Rivians problems for them and some whine and cheese?

Seriously though anyone got pictures of what the new sub branding looks like just curios.

Rivianation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Manager
I am a 2018 max pack reservation holder and just keep watching them remove features that to me help justify the 90k prices.
at this point I am curious what truck I will actually get.
At current production levels, the cars are costing Rivian $200K-300K each to produce. They have to start producing more vehicles in that underused factory for their survival, let alone honoring all the initial feature commitments.

I think it's a tough balancing act and they are managing great (so far). A 12V outlet here, a speaker there, no big deal. That being said, if they touch the flashlight and camp speaker, I'd be pissed :)

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

At current production levels, the cars are costing Rivian $200K-300K each to produce. They have to start producing more vehicles in that underused factory for their survival, let alone honoring all the initial feature commitments.

I think it's a tough balancing act and they are managing great (so far). A 12V outlet here, a speaker there, no big deal. That being said, if they touch the flashlight and camp speaker, I'd be pissed :)
I've probably used the 12V frunk outlet more than the camp speaker and the flashlight. Thats why some are pissed.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Should we rename this Thread to fixing all Rivians problems for them and some whine and cheese?

Seriously though anyone got pictures of what the new sub branding looks like just curios.
There was someone earlier in the thread who said they just took delivery of an R1S with the new system but so far that’s it.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Elevation audio system - in house design change began February 2023? 1679576617192

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler