Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Volvo XC90, Subaru Outback
Occupation
Selfless supporter of the economy
Clubs

Just sharing my own comparison of the Meridian sound system vs the earlier, which is what I own.

I have a loaner this week while the priests pray over my deceased communications module, and it's outfitted with the Meridian gear.

My first impression was that the sound was HORRIBLE. I was having trouble recognizing songs I know very, very well, and my first guess was (since it was one of the first songs), Don Henley must've recorded a different mix than I was used to listening to, because it was almost unrecognizable. I was just going to turn the radio off, but decided to take a shot at tweaking the sound parameters first.

Turning 3D surround to "On" instead of "Enhanced," and turning off Dynamic made a world of difference. Damn, but those two settings screw things up.

After that, a bit of EQ tweaking, and shifting the fade/balance center a bit to the right and a bit back, and it sounds as good or better than the original.

The moral, if this story has one, is twofold: 1) try different sound modes before giving up on it, and 2) audio "extra" functionality isn't necessarily a good thing.
Sponsored

vordo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Rav4 EV
Occupation
Film Music Editor
I received my 2022 R1T 2 days ago from the shop and I had requested the Meridian because of the comments here and on Reddit.

I will say it’s the best stock audio system I’ve ever heard with flat EQ - the high end isn’t hyped and if you like that you can dial it in. I have a 2016 Tesla S with premium sound and this is SO much better. I wish there was control of the subwoofer crossover and level (the low end eq is a little un-precise) but that is so minor that it’s hardly worth mentioning.

regardless, I couldn’t be happier with the choice.

two caveats here. I am an audio professional (film music editor) and I haven’t heard the new system.