Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Well, as others have suspected...this sums up the radio silence after the "first deliveries" etc...

"Rivian representatives said the company would not comment on the state negotiations because the automaker is in a “quiet period” ahead of its expected initial public offering."
Agreed. Also, as indicated by the article, WINTER IS COMING.
Actually, it's already snowing all around Colorado. Loveland Pass got a foot a day ago. So we're not going to see anything until spring at the earliest. Frankly that's not a big deal because the parks can get inundated with snow quite easily.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Agreed. Also, as indicated by the article, WINTER IS COMING.
Actually, it's already snowing all around Colorado. Loveland Pass got a foot a day ago. So we're not going to see anything until spring at the earliest. Frankly that's not a big deal because the parks can get inundated with snow quite easily.
I’m just glad the Colorado low currently dumping rain here hasn’t brought snow. Not ready for shovelling

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I’m just glad the Colorado low currently dumping rain here hasn’t brought snow. Not ready for shovelling
I've got my first snow blower on order. I hurt my back with last years blizzard. I'm not doing that again.. haha

Sponsored

MoreTrout

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN
If I have to read one more of these moron journalists that feel the need to throw in a meaningless "Rivian has been losing billions of dollars", I'm going to vomit. Not a single one of them understands what it means to launch a business, especially one on the scale of an automobile manufacturer. And it's completely irrelevant to the topic of the article. Once Rivian's massive investment starts generating revenue, I'm sure their puny minds will be incapable of regurgitating anything other then a GAAP loss instead of actually understanding things like margins and cash flow.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
The article is behind an account wall / paywall. Anyone got a text version to dump?
Never mind. I refreshed the page and it worked the second time.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

no no no. That is the wrong attitude.

:dance: (Doing a snow dance)

Granted it doesn't typically snow where I currently live, 1 measurable storm last year, but when I go look to the east Mt Hood is collecting a nice white blanket of snow cover

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
Once Rivian's massive investment starts generating revenue, I'm sure their puny minds will be incapable of regurgitating anything other then a GAAP loss instead of actually understanding things like margins and cash flow.
..and when revenue begins to grow quarter after quarter focusing only on earnings losses while Rivian continues to invest in itself.
Sponsored