First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan, toyota tundra
Occupation
Designer
Very enthusiastic about Rivian early on, and not impressed with Tesla in many areas, I put a deposit on RS1 in early summer. I was please to receive the offer of participating in the stock purchase at IPO. I responded to Morgan Stanley, filled out all forms, arrange the banking transfer, and gave Morgan Stanley all of our personal information. On the afternoon of the purchase window, the Morgan Stanley said we would receive the purchase notice at 2:00pm PST. Finally, at midnight, it was clear that it was postponed. I looked at 6:00am the next morning and the sale had opened and closed in the middle of the night, 2:30-am-4:00am. I called and wrote to everyone at Rivian and Morgan Stanley. Each blamed the other. I eventually got a note signed RJ explaining the company was now public owned, so this wasn't his problem.

It is worth pointing out that every person living on the east coast, close to Morgan Stanley headquarters, had ample time to invest. Big picture, probably best to learn about Rivian before dropping serious money on their proposed 'vehicles'.
Sponsored

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
It is worth pointing out that every person living on the east coast, close to Morgan Stanley headquarters, had ample time to invest. Big picture, probably best to learn about Rivian before dropping serious money on their proposed 'vehicles'.
Literally everyone had the exact same amount of time to confirm their order once The pricing was finalized. It made no difference which coast you were on.

Was it delayed by a couple hours? Yes. But the window opened well before midnight, despite what you claim, and you had the exact same opportunity as every other preorder holder had. Sorry you missed it.

Welcome to the forum and Happy Thanksgiving!

Last edited:

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Nice first (and probably last) post. ?

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Finally, at midnight, it was clear that it was postponed. I looked at 6:00am the next morning and the sale had opened and closed in the middle of the night, 2:30-am-4:00am.
People started receiving the email around 9:00 PM Eastern time. I received mine at 9:35 PM Eastern Time. That's 6:35 PM Pacific time.

OP
OP

ElSegundo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan, toyota tundra
Occupation
Designer
Regarding when I was notified that the sale window was opened, I include a screen capture at 2:35am, with the note that it would be closed by 4:00am PST. Not much more to day, these documents are tracked with time codes.....

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Early Sale of Stock to Pre-Order Buyers Screen Shot 2021-11-25 at 9.40.16 AM

Sponsored

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Regarding when I was notified that the sale window was opened, I include a screen capture at 2:35am, with the note that it would be closed by 4:00am PST. Not much more to day, these documents are tracked with time codes.....

Screen Shot 2021-11-25 at 9.40.16 AM.png
In that case, you should file your grievance with your email provider. You received the email 8 hours after it was sent.

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Yeah, this isn’t on MS or Rivian. That’s on your e-mail.
Sponsored