BrayBay

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Edition R1S - Forest Green/Forest Edge
Clubs

The CEO hinted at the possibility of an e-bike at a conference in October, saying that the company had long-term ambitions to move into micromobility, but he hadn’t disclosed work on an actual product before Friday’s staff meeting.
This part of the quote is referencing this interview:

It's very interesting to see his reaction to the question, but from re-listening to this it really seems RJ is focusing more on commercial e-bikes not consumer ones.
Sponsored

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
I'm sure the 6% who were let go for budget reasons are thrilled about this. Not to mention their coworkers who watched it happen. WTF Rivian. Tone deaf much?
What's the current societal feeling of how long a CEO needs to wear a black veil after layoffs before pursuing future business plans?

OP
OP

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
I'm sure the 6% who were let go for budget reasons are thrilled about this. Not to mention their coworkers who watched it happen. WTF Rivian. Tone deaf much?
People get fired routinely for a number of reasons, including being less-than performers or boosting efficiency.

Saying that people can’t be fired unless what you deem is not important is removed first is also tone deaf and shortsighted

OP
OP

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
There is a big difference between fired and laid off . Nobody said fired and that’s not the reality of what the layoffs were. Rivian laid off a percentage of its work force because it has failed on pretty much every deliverable they have promised investors ( and customers ) and is hemorrhaging cash. The reality is that rivian already has failed… if it wasn’t for the massive amount of cash they took on from those promises they would already be out of business.
Tell me then. If you’re so knowledgeable about Rivian, at what production per year would Rivian breakeven on gross margins?

Or are you just a headline article shill?

Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Maybe we will 10% off on Rivian ebike if we accept broken tonneau?

OP
OP

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
Ha you are one of those guys … It must just be real fun to be around you in real life.
No, I would simply assume if you’re making lofty statements, you would have real analysis to back them up. Rather than reading trash clickbait from seekingalpha, investorplace, motley fool, random Twitter accounts and just repeating them

Reactions: MRE
OP
OP

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
Haha you just made my point. Again.
But it’s ok . I get it , you bought two cars from a company that has literally lost 90% of its value in the last two years because it has an unequal success rate of failures in manufacturing, communications and strategy , and you need to keep your fanboy hat from crumbling so you just make shit up to defend the obvious signs of an implosion.

I’ll say it again… because it’s pretty obvious , I bet your friends say the most awesome things about you behind your back. Cause indeed, your are, without doubt, one of those guys.
Just a quack, a shill, wannabe

CappyJax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
I'd rather them focus really hard on making one thing good than a bunch of stuff with a lot of issues they don't have time to fix.

MRE

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Land Rover LR4, Ducati Streetfighter
These " hemorrhaging cash" comments are so over-used and comical. OF COURSE they are losing money... do you think the infrastructure, facilities and people necessary to build and deliver a new-to-market vehicle are free or something!? They could sell these trucks for $1M each and they'd still be "losing money" in their quarterly earnings for the next couple years. People (and markets) are so short sited.

Sponsored

bike123.com

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 bolt 1 Kona ev
Occupation
Bicycle store proprietor
Clubs

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...staff-ev-maker-is-developing-an-electric-bike

Rivian Automotive Inc. is developing an electric bike, the chief executive officer told staff, potentially expanding the EV maker’s product lineup.

RJ Scaringe disclosed the e-bike effort Friday at a companywide meeting, according to people familiar with the matter who asked not to be identified discussing private information. A small group of engineers is actively working on it, he said.

Rivian representatives declined to comment.

It wasn’t immediately clear if Scaringe was referring to a battery-electric motorcycle or bicycle. The company has patents for electric bicycle components and designs. The CEO hinted at the possibility of an e-bike at a conference in October, saying that the company had long-term ambitions to move into micromobility, but he hadn’t disclosed work on an actual product before Friday’s staff meeting.

The potential lineup expansion comes despite a broad push to cut costs across the company. Rivian earlier this week told workers it would be cut headcount by 6%, the second significant workforce reduction in the last 12 months.

Scaringe told staff at the meeting that the cuts were made to refocus on ramping production of its electric vehicles and, longer-term, profitability, according to the people. He said the company had tried to do too much at one time, they said.
STOP!! Don’t waste time and money.
The more you try to be like someone else the less you’ll be like yourself.
We’ve been selling eBikes 40 years and they are still in the Betamax v VHS stage.
Mid drive , crank drive, feint hub, rear hub.
Serious over saturation, explosions, fires, failures, then you’re lugging 35 extra # Up the hill
Please don’t go there

quartz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Clarity PHEV
Clubs

This part of the quote is referencing this interview:

It's very interesting to see his reaction to the question, but from re-listening to this it really seems RJ is focusing more on commercial e-bikes not consumer ones.
Thanks for sharing. It’s obvious Rivian’s long-term goal is to speed up electrification in the world, not just in the US. While the market for large, powerful vehicles is huge in the US, it is absolutely a niche thing in most other countries. If they pursue micromobility, it will most likely be a global/commercial play.

Irishrover

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mercedes humvee, land rover defender diesel
Occupation
welder
That is wonderful news, I am very happy for the people what will be getting a nice new Ebike likely in the near future. A wee sad for the fools like me what have been waiting for years now in the hope of getting our truck or SUV. I am getting more and more pissed of with Rivan as the years go by.

BrayBay

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Edition R1S - Forest Green/Forest Edge
Clubs

Thanks for sharing. It’s obvious Rivian’s long-term goal is to speed up electrification in the world, not just in the US. While the market for large, powerful vehicles is huge in the US, it is absolutely a niche thing in most other countries. If they pursue micromobility, it will most likely be a global/commercial play.
Definitely. If I were to make a prediction, I would say Rivian is working on jet skis and snowmobiles. The reason is because in this very old interview, I hear RJ mention "jet skis" and "snowmobiles" a few times within a few minutes! Wild guess, but we'll see what happens.
Sponsored