Sponsored
OP
OP

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
Lol if it makes you feel better then go with that narrative. Rivian dropped more than double the ndx and the ndx didnā€™t fall until hours later after lunch like it usually does on Fridayā€™s.
Let me introduce you to the concept of beta. Guess what the beta of rivn to ndx is?

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

I agree that this is probably a distraction and also agree with the sentiment of fleshing out accessories for the existing products first (gear shop). Those are probably a good way to bring some cash flow without the burden of bringing to life another vehicle. They should have their plate more than full with the R1, R2, and EDV. Meanwhile their ā€œgearā€ environment feels somewhat abandoned. While an e-bike would no doubt be cool, I would rather see any of the following ā€œlower hanging fruitā€
  • RTT for the truck would be nice
  • Actually multiple RTT options would be good
  • EDITED to add: Working manual and power tonneau!
  • Working gear shuttle and camp kitchen
  • Bed extender
  • Roof-height rack
  • A modular way to expand the number of attachment points in the bed
  • Heck, maybe even a compact aerodynamic camper

Last edited:
OP
OP

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
Lol if it makes you feel better then go with that narrative. Rivian dropped more than double the ndx and the ndx didnā€™t fall until hours later after lunch like it usually does on Fridayā€™s.
Intraday 5 minute candles. NDX at top, RIVN at bottom. Rivian basically traded alongside NDX with its usual sensitivity to the markets.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian E-Bike is Coming. RJ Tells Staff Electric Bike in Development Screenshot 2023-02-03 at 5.16.15 PM

JPC

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Limestone - Forest Edge - 21"
Forget the bicycle. There are tons of them. Lets get the R1B (for Boat!!!). Its a gallon per mile on my twin 300 Yamahas to get out to the tuna grounds off San Diego. I want to cruise out on sun-power, not on my 300 gallon tank of decayed dinosaurs.
These are pretty much the coolest thing ever: https://candela.com/

Sponsored

NineElectrics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
An e-bike dilutes the focus of the company in return for a new low margin, low volume business. China will own this market. Itā€™s a terrible idea.

Olsonsolar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt - R1T on preorder
Occupation
enjoying life
Whereā€™s my truck?????????

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Very frustrating to hear about new distractions when owners have paid for a working tonneau cover on their existing vehicles only to have then disabled at the SC's because there is no "fix" for them when the company is off exploring new offerings.

Fix the powered tonneau problem
Issue the super simple 4-panel manual tonneau we have paid for and don't have yet
Offer spare wheel/tires that you removed from our orders
Fix the vampire drain issue

After you have done the above.. .fiddle all you like with e-bikes and scooters.

whyasky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Total waste of time if this is bicycles. This market is completely saturated. Presumably -- to fit the Rivian ethos -- they'll try the MTB space. But all of the high end MTB makers are already making fantastic eMTBs, and people who buy those would view a Rivian bike as a gimmick.
My R1T might not have a functional tonneau, but it still carries my bike just fine. And, you'd better believe I'm all in on an ebike with hydraulic cross-linking of it's adaptive dampers in the fork and shock. Perhaps it will have regen downhill too so I can avoid brake fade and spend more time going uphill! Hopefully, this will thing uses an Enduro unit for 300hp output, sounds fun.

Santa Cruz and Ibis watch out! Your $14k and $11K Heckler and Oso, respectively, have nothing on the upcoming $25k R1M(TB).

Seriously, RJ, please don't spend time on this particular adventure. Bigger fish to fry.

sierraskier

First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Earthroamer, Rivian R1T x 2, KTM 300 XCW
Total waste of time if this is bicycles. This market is completely saturated. Presumably -- to fit the Rivian ethos -- they'll try the MTB space. But all of the high end MTB makers are already making fantastic eMTBs, and people who buy those would view a Rivian bike as a gimmick.
This seriously makes me question the leadership and decision making at the company and want to sell my stock. How about just focusing on delivering the 4-6 vehicle product lines youā€™ve already (over) committed to. Like multiple SUV versions, truck versions, and a van fleet isnā€™t enough? Iā€™m an avid MTN biker, own an eMTB and I would never buy a Rivian mountain bike. What a distraction and disappointment

Sponsored

OP
OP

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
I think everyone needs to just take this development with a grain of salt for now. There are no details on when they launch (if ever), what type of bike, etc.

I donā€™t see this as nothing more than a side project for Rivian now in case it becomes something bigger.

Highly doubt itā€™ll distract from production of cars any time soon.

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

In fact if Rivian had a Magsafe charging kit to replace the existing charging solution then I'd probably buy it.

I'd probably buy a gear tunnel fridge too.
My Samsung Z4 Fold and Samsung Buds both charge at full rate on the OEM charge pad and the Z4 has a full case.......

MichaelD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sprinter 4x4 camper van (170)
I'm sure the 6% who were let go for budget reasons are thrilled about this. Not to mention their coworkers who watched it happen. WTF Rivian. Tone deaf much?
Sponsored