DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I won’t stop until I get a prime time interview on cnn; whereby I can ask them to obscure my voice and face and use my pen name.
No matter how much they do to disguise you, one of their 1,500 viewers will still recognize you. ?

KenJ

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S85D
Occupation
Engineer
It's certainly a datapoint of sorts, and certainly fun to get a glimpse into what someone may be thinking at Rivian, but don't a lot of manufacturers patent and trademark things that they don't necessarily plan on bringing to market anytime soon?

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
It's certainly a datapoint of sorts, and certainly fun to get a glimpse into what someone may be thinking at Rivian, but don't a lot of manufacturers patent and trademark things that they don't necessarily plan on bringing to market anytime soon?
I think an E-Bike is right up Rivian’s alley and makes complete sense. I bet REI will buy in and sell bikes there as well! If you can sell a camp kitchen for $5k, a $2k well-marketed bike is a no-brainer.

Sponsored

KenJ

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S85D
Occupation
Engineer
I think an E-Bike is right up Rivian’s alley and makes complete sense. I bet REI will buy in and sell bikes there as well! If you can sell a camp kitchen for $5k, a $2k well-marketed bike is a no-brainer.
I don't disagree. It's an intriguing opportunity for a partnership or licensed product ... not so sure other than maybe providing LiIon cells sometime down the road, would there be any intrinsic value in Rivian manufacturing these any more than Porsche e-bike or McLaren + Specialized making a carbon fiber bike? Licensing or partnering to use the brand-name "seen" as a premium outdoorsy product shouldn't be dismissed, but they've obviously got a lot of other priorities in the near-term.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I think it would be a natural for Rivian to offer an E-bike, whether built completely in-house, or in partnership with others. I picked up one this Summer and I'm looking forward to loading it in the back and being able to charge it from the R1T while out in the boonies or when visiting cities around the country. With the relatively low power needed per mile, a backcountry trip with an E-bike would allow more land to be explored than if relying solely on our trucks. Rivian has the know-how, the resources, and the battery and motor suppliers in place. I believe the R1's are driven by Bosch motors, and they're the best of the bunch in the E-bike world.

If they really do act on this, they better do it right and make them Class 3 with a mid-drive motor, capable of 28 MPH. The Class 1, with their limitation of power to only 20 MPH would be a big letdown. Also, rear-hub setups have issues I'd rather not deal with.

Whatever they build, they can call it the R1B. I'd like mine in matching Launch Green, please.

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I won’t stop until I get a prime time interview on cnn; whereby I can ask them to obscure my voice and face and use my pen name.
X2 ?, gotta keep anonymous!

Sponsored

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Sketch, from Washington State, Seattle area with a Fiat 500…I understand.

Rivian definitely knows who I am based off a few recent things I am not going to mention, more so talking about @AdamsFan1983 aha

JPC

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Limestone - Forest Edge - 21"
1641848710402.png

Is Rivian getting into the Ebike Game?
Well yes, they are, but this is also just prudent IP protection. They should file all sorts of intent-to-use applications.

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Well yes, they are, but this is also just prudent IP protection. They should file all sorts of intent-to-use applications.

Year old full circle comes around lol
Sponsored

Reactions: JPC