First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
Not a fan, but someone else might like it.

RforRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 4Runner, 2014 Equinox
Now I must decide between this and RJ Blue! Its a toss up but right now I favor the blue... this might grow me though.

Edit: I just noticed this but it looks like the charging port is on the passenger's side. I though it was confirmed to be on the driver's of the vehicle. Is this just a re-skinned early prototype or was the move to a driver's side charge port just a rumor?

Last edited:

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
I’m not sure I’ve ever seen like a Mustard yellow option before. But hey, in a sea of black, white, and silver cars, this’ll certainly stand out

Sponsored

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
That's not a mustard yellow, maybe a brown mustard yellow.

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
First thing I thought of too was a slightly darker mustard. So, no, not a fan. Though wouldn't mind seeing a Ketchup color. :CWL:

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
If the do Mustard and Ketchup, they have no choice but to do Pickle:D

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Looks nice, I'd call it a honey yellow but might have preferred a brighter shade. Think I'd be reluctant to buy any shade of yellow - afraid I'd tire of it after 6 months.

Is that a photoshop paint job? Looks like the charging port is on the passenger side instead of the driver's side. Perhaps they're still just fishing for feedback.

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
If they have don’t that burnt copper, this will likely be the color.

Sponsored

aAlpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, 4Runner
Edit: I just noticed this but it looks like the charging port is on the passenger's side. I though it was confirmed to be on the driver's of the vehicle. Is this just a re-skinned early prototype or was the move to a driver's side charge port just a rumor?
Probably just a old model used for the render. Is this a render? Hard to tell...

Paint and color is pretty hard to convey over digital screens and different lighting, as we've seen with the photos of the blue R1T prototype. I like the shade from the top-down shot, less so from the sides. The shot of the door is better though. I would love to be able to see all the colors in person before committing...that's probably not going to happen. Second best would be having many people take real photos of the different options and situations, like the blue, sliver, and green so far. And videos. Those help see how the color shifts etc .

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
Yeah videos give a much better taste of things. Here’s to hoping for videos showing off different colors.

johnjohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
IG: thegreenmachine_R1T
Clubs

Now I must decide between this and RJ Blue! Its a toss up but right now I favor the blue... this might grow me though.

I actually emailed Rivian regarding the charging port a few weeks ago and they confirmed it will be on the driver's side.

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
Definitely not a render. It moves, gang, if only giving us a brief glimpse.
Interesting, I wasn't aware that movement precludes using CGI. Anyhow, they're probably just trying out some last minute colors (whether painted or wrapped) using one of their test vehicles before finalizing the colors they will offer. Quick reminder that they will be also offering one (or two?) seasonal colors, so this might be one of them they're considering.
Sponsored