ElectricDan

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee
I've seen some speculation in other posts about the door handles always sticking out.

I recall the interview with Emma Hall with her stating there was an issue with dirt affecting their ability to open, but I felt as if it was the general consensus on this forum was that the door handles were only out when parked.

Here is a video of a R1T moving around where you can clearly see the handles out. Im concerned that this is an issue merely 5 months to cars getting in customers hands.

I wonder what everyone else thinks about this?

Advertisement

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey will become an R1T
Occupation
Teacher
It seems incredibly unlikely an issue this visible would make it into production from a company this careful about promises, expectations, and presentation.

MReda

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
It seems incredibly unlikely an issue this visible would make it into production from a company this careful about promises, expectations, and presentation.
Agreed. If it's a real issue now, it will be fixed before we take delivery.

aAlpine

Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 4Runner (R1T pre-order)
I would guess the door handles being out simply means the car is unlocked. The video you shared could have been shot shortly after people got into the car, and never got up to a high enough speed for auto lock to trigger. Show me a video or picture where the R1T is moving above like 20kph with the handles stuck out.

Pedritho

First Name
Peter
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicles
2016 Toyota Prius 2000 Toyota 4Runner
I would guess the door handles being out simply means the car is unlocked. The video you shared could have been shot shortly after people got into the car, and never got up to a high enough speed for auto lock to trigger. Show me a video or picture where the R1T is moving above like 20kph with the handles stuck out.
Agreed! I saw a photo of the R1T on a SoCal freeway and the door handles are not popped out like this.

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Reaction score
First Name
Zak
Vehicles
2018 XC60 T8, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS
Occupation
Student
It’s stopped at a red light in the video, but the R1T seen here is clearly out driving around and to me at least, the door handles look retracted.

Can’t explain why we’ve seen so many photos with them popped out, but IRL, it seems like they work just fine

tx_rivian

First Name
Paul
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicles
F150
new video It retracts in Drive I think from this latest video

Advertisement

Advertisement