Sponsored

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
We couldn't even get toilet paper 9 months ago at a target. But all good, his truck should be on time
There is a logical sequence to everything. R1T production could not possibly start before toilet paper issue was resolved. I would certainly need an ample supply if I go on a trip like this:

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian discloses 56 R1T produced and 42 R1T delivered as of October 22, 2021 1635203476550
Sponsored

Temerarius

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model X, 2018 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Occupation
Sr. Program Manager
These "debates" crack me up.... the truck will arrive, when it arrives.

Unless you signed a contract with an explicit date of delivery on there... getting all bent out of shape over how many trucks Rivian produced today, tomorrow, yesterday, or next week does... nothing.

They will arrive, when they arrive.

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX

Unless you signed a contract with an explicit date of delivery on there... getting all bent out of shape over how many trucks Rivian produced today, tomorrow, yesterday, or next week does... nothing.

There are never winners in these debates. If you complain, you’re told to cancel your order and STFU. If you defend Rivian, you’re a blind fanboy who needs to STFU.

So I guess I’ll stay quiet…

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I love your confidence but what year for your deliver is to far out there? 2024? 2025? Longer?
Until I have a reasonable alternative. The cybertruck is not one even if it ever becomes a reality. If For had made a BEV maverick I would be *very* tempted to jump on that. But I currently don't have an alternative, and I haven't missed my original best estimate from when I reserved yet. Which is sometime mid- to late-next year. Which was entirely me guessing at a date that's after January 2022.

I wouldn't characterize that as confidence either. More a "don't panic" until people are actually getting their deliver dates pushed. We don't have any insight into what they are expecting for a ramp up. The S1 and what they're tacitly telling people is all pre-orders delivered by end of 2022, so I don't have a reason to expect any different for now. If the October folks get pushed to December, and November to January, then there are more questions that I would hope Rivian addresses at that point.

Sponsored

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Yep, they’re clearly lazy and inconsiderate, poorly managed and incompetent, malevolent, disobedient, hurtful and cruel. Good call
I didn’t say any of that…

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
They’ve publicly committed to delivering all pre-orders (40k+ cars) by end of next year. What exactly is the point of speculating about a 2024/2025 delivery? Just boredom?
Just wondering when does it become … not ok.

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
Until I have a reasonable alternative. The cybertruck is not one even if it ever becomes a reality. If For had made a BEV maverick I would be *very* tempted to jump on that. But I currently don't have an alternative, and I haven't missed my original best estimate from when I reserved yet. Which is sometime mid- to late-next year. Which was entirely me guessing at a date that's after January 2022.

I wouldn't characterize that as confidence either. More a "don't panic" until people are actually getting their deliver dates pushed. We don't have any insight into what they are expecting for a ramp up. The S1 and what they're tacitly telling people is all pre-orders delivered by end of 2022, so I don't have a reason to expect any different for now. If the October folks get pushed to December, and November to January, then there are more questions that I would hope Rivian addresses at that point.
Ok. Let’s hope so.

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS

If they arrive.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
And the Ct is vaporware too.
Whaaat? You mean you aren't driving a 2020 roadster right now?! Tesla would never market vaporware.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
Maybe, just maybe, there's a middle ground between angrily canceling your reservation for what looks like a great truck because of a lack of comms and defending a company's missteps? But don't let that get in the way of a snide remark.
No middle ground for some members like @yizzung . Somebody brings up a legitimate issue and members like him/her tell us to cancel.
Sponsored