Sponsored

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
If there is no ramp up, I will get mine in 53.7 years.

Based on many reviews we have seen, there are still some issues to resolve. The attention Rivian has put into this vehicle throughout many years tells me they really have tried to get it right and that desire can not be turned off easily. There are also practical reasons. Recalls and fixes when you have not setup the infrastructure to deal with it is a nightmare you want to avoid. So they most likely want to deliver to the employees first even with issues and problems so they can use those problems to iron out the communication and fix processes so when “real” deliveries happen, we have someone to call and they can respond to it effectively. There is more to this than just dropping the car at our door. So I think it is not just the ramp up at the plant they have to worry about.
Perfect. 53.7 Years. Maybe my great great grand kids will like it.
Sponsored

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
There are 4 trucks sitting in the Bellevue service center right now. Someone heard there are deliveries starting in CA this week. And we've recently heard of actual deliver trucks with R1Ts recently as well (maybe the ones in Bellevue obv).

Point being, let's be patient and don't get too worked up over these small numbers. For all we know. They may have been doing one sprint a week to test our things for all we know. November and December are going to be pretty obvious if the people who were originally contact by guides get dates pushed.
I love your confidence but what year for your deliver is to far out there? 2024? 2025? Longer?

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
The reality is that they:
a) continually miscommunicate or lack communication at all levels
b) move the goal posts and/or are deceptive in their communication (a CFO getting their truck is not something most companies would call a public event)
c) repeatedly adjust their already adjusted communication
d) consistently miss their adjusted-adjusted-adjusted goals

I don't know how hard this is, but I work in a complex business myself and manage public launches that reach nearly one billion people a month. Everyone knows that you set expectations that you can exceed, especially when you've failed multiple times. IMO, they should have pushed the delivery start date back to January in June and surprised us all when a non-employee got theirs in November or December. We would be so excited. Of course, they would have had to delay their $80b value IPO which might have been too big of a pill to swallow.

I admire your loyalty and I'm happy that they are progressing, but I don't think they get a free pass on this or they won't improve. At the very least, the feedback will hopefully cause them to improve in the future. I believe it's 4 weeks until all pre-holders are contacted - let's see if they hit that...

I've said this before. I always thought "everyone contacted by end of November" meant a nice flow of contacts each week until the end of November. That made the most sense since there were maybe 30 Guides and a few thousand preorders. Nobody in this forum (we have a good sample of preorders from across the country ) has heard anything since June/July.

It's almost a guarantee now that we will all receive a mass email in November. Only difference in the emails will be the name of the guide. I'm fine with receiving a perfect product. But I want honesty.

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
Context; April 2021, Rivian is quoted in Chicago Tribune saying they are capable of building about 1 vehicle per day.

From April 16 2021 - October 25th 2021; Rivian has been able to increase production from about 1 vehicle per day, to 2 vehicles per day.

This is inline with my expectations, and I still believe I will receive my R1S in Q2-Q3 2024.

2022 is going to be a tough year for us all.

On a personal note, I feel (slightly) vindicated. Everyone on this forum thought I was a pessimist, anti-Rivian troll. All I'm trying to do is be real, and have realistic expectations.

We haven't even seen the issues and new-delays, yet. There are countless issues that could slow this even further.
Or bankrupt them too.

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
I've said this before. I always thought "everyone contacted by end of November" meant a nice flow of contacts each week until the end of November. That made the most sense since there were maybe 30 Guides and a few thousand preorders. Nobody in this forum (we have a good sample of preorders from across the country ) has heard anything since June/July.

It's almost a guarantee now that we will all receive a mass email in November. Only difference in the emails will be the name of the guide. I'm fine with receiving a perfect product. But I want honesty.
Couldn't agree more.

Sponsored

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS

And… what if the email states… sorry but check back in March of 2022?

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
And… what if the email states… sorry but check back in March of 2022?

I've already prepared myself that I will get the truck around that time (although I am a 12/8/2018 Los Angeles preorder!). Anything before that will be a nice surprise I guess.

It's funny how many people here keep giving them a pass on all this. We should've had a constant flow of contacts until now. As an early preorder in L.A, I thought it meant I would be contacted by August/Sept. If it's going to be one mass email, then surely deliveries won't happen anytime soon.

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
I've already prepared myself that I will get the truck around that time (although I am a 12/8/2018 Los Angeles preorder!). Anything before that will be a nice surprise I guess.

It's funny how many people here keep giving them a pass on all this. We should've had a constant flow of contacts until now. As an early preorder in L.A, I thought it meant I would be contacted by August/Sept. If it's going to be one mass email, then surely deliveries won't happen anytime soon.
Your right and it’s really disappointing

some people me included just can’t wait years to get a vehicle. This sucks.

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
1500 to 3k people in a few months is a lot of folks to train. If factory capacity is currently 150k, with plans to expand to 200k by 2023, per the IPO docs, doesn't that mean the production lines are ready and waiting for supply chains to kick in and for people to man them? Because the old Mitsubishi factory's estimated max capacity was over 200k IIRC.

Rivian_Hugh_III

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Infiniti EX35
As we have seen, a measurable percentage of deliveries WILL post to social media and it will be a valuable tool in estimating deliveries. I know it probably pains you, but all of us saying there were no significant deliveries were 100% correct.

Why did we see multiple social reports this week? Probably because a bunch of deliveries happened as they crammed them in before the update.

Udoubtedly, those so blinded by fanboyism that they will overlook anything Rivian does without challenge won’t like my comment and that’s fine. Keep being blindly loyal…. and wrong.
Yep, they’re clearly lazy and inconsiderate, poorly managed and incompetent, malevolent, disobedient, hurtful and cruel. Good call

Sponsored

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
1500 to 3k people in a few months is a lot of folks to train. If factory capacity is currently 150k, with plans to expand to 200k by 2023, per the IPO docs, doesn't that mean the production lines are ready and waiting for supply chains to kick in and for people to man them? Because the old Mitsubishi factory's estimated max capacity was over 200k IIRC.
My understanding (which very well may be incorrect) is that capacity is the best scenario case. This month the actual production rate is 744 (annually). It may take the whole year for them to close the gap. That still leave a lot of room to cover everyone by end of next year.

Last edited:

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
I love your confidence but what year for your deliver is to far out there? 2024? 2025? Longer?
They’ve publicly committed to delivering all pre-orders (40k+ cars) by end of next year. What exactly is the point of speculating about a 2024/2025 delivery? Just boredom?

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
It's funny how many people here keep giving them a pass on all this.
Last I checked, the deposit is fully refundable. YOU voluntarily choose to give them a pass every waking minute that you refuse to cancel. That’s what’s funny.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Last I checked, the deposit is fully refundable. YOU voluntarily choose to give them a pass every waking minute that you refuse to cancel. That’s what’s funny.
Maybe, just maybe, there's a middle ground between angrily canceling your reservation for what looks like a great truck because of a lack of comms and defending a company's missteps? But don't let that get in the way of a snide remark.

slider2828

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot
Maybe, just maybe, there's a middle ground between angrily canceling your reservation for what looks like a great truck because of a lack of comms and defending a company's missteps? But don't let that get in the way of a snide remark.
All good cancelling a reservation more to the rest of us..... Just in case he didn't noticed, you know global pandemic, chip shortage, supply chain shortage, lack of skilled labor, lack of truck drivers.... We couldn't even get toilet paper 9 months ago at a target. But all good, his truck should be on time
Sponsored