Charles
Threads
Reaction score
West Georgia, dangerously close to Alabama
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EUV, Chevy Volt, RAV4, Winnebago, R1T
Occupation
retired physician
A beautiful view from the front entrance at Rivian. I have seen this view, stopping by in my RV this summer after travelling to South Dakota, on my way back to visit Casey, Illinois and the grave of my father. We were swiftly run off by Rivian security, told not to take any photos. Guess they will let you drive up and take a photo now, if you don't get caught! Agree, the plains are beautiful.

WheeledLife

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Juiced HyperScorpion
Occupation
Thinker
A beautiful view from the front entrance at Rivian. I have seen this view, stopping by in my RV this summer after travelling to South Dakota, on my way back to visit Casey, Illinois and the grave of my father. We were swiftly run off by Rivian security, told not to take any photos. Guess they will let you drive up and take a photo now, if you don't get caught! Agree, the plains are beautiful.
No, they will not let you drive up and take a photo now.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I don't care about whether someone defines a delivery that counts in a different way than I do. The key issue is we just don't know about how good the vehicles are, with a lot of open, honest opinions until they are in the hands of people who aren't employees. It's as simple as that.
I agree that we have to wait until it gets in the hands of non-Rivian affiliated folks for more honest opinions, but that desire won't magically change the fact that their employees will receive their trucks first. Simple as that.

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
The first production vehicles are in the hands of employees for a reason. Rivian wants to get absolutely everything right & deliver top notch vehicles...

Temerarius

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model X, 2018 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Occupation
Sr. Program Manager
The first production vehicles are in the hands of employees for a reason. Rivian wants to get absolutely everything right & deliver top notch vehicles...
Way easier to fix messed up things on a vehicle when the person driving the vehicle can literally.. drive to the factory or engineering department and show them the issue and get it fixed (and documented), then having someone out in BFE that's 3 days from the nearest Service Center or facility have an issue.

I say they should take their time, get it right. I'm not keen on recalls, crap flying off/out of my car, doors not closing or opening right, or shit just randomly bricking or bursting into flames...

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
Way easier to fix messed up things on a vehicle when the person driving the vehicle can literally.. drive to the factory or engineering department and show them the issue and get it fixed (and documented), then having someone out in BFE that's 3 days from the nearest Service Center or facility have an issue.

I say they should take their time, get it right. I'm not keen on recalls, crap flying off/out of my car, doors not closing or opening right, or shit just randomly bricking or bursting into flames...

I don't think anybody here would disagree with this. Totally fine with all of us waiting almost 3 years. Just tell us you are in beta testing, instead of CS blindly repeating "deliveries have begun".

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary

I don’t know....I think it is pretty cool if my R1S can do what this model Y did and convert into a convertible on the highway.
https://www.thedrive.com/news/36901/brand-new-tesla-model-ys-roof-flies-off-on-the-highway

Temerarius

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model X, 2018 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Occupation
Sr. Program Manager

Sponsored

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
I understand why Rivian is prioritizing employee orders, and I am OK with them making sure that they get things right. My only issue with this is that it means by filling employee orders first, they are also, intentional or not, making sure employees get the tax credit instead of regular customers. I am not confident that the $7,500 tax credit will be available starting next year. The only reason I want my LE R1S before year end is because of the tax credit. If it means I have a few panel gaps and other minor issues that can be fixed, I would be OK with that if I can get a $7,500 discount.

Toadkillerdog

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Porsche Panamera Turbo, 2020 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Physician
Surely they cannot prevent legally pictures taken from the public road just outside the entrance. If you are on their property I’m sure that can ask you to leave. But step one foot onto public road and it’s all ok from a legal standpoint to take pictures

brianmartin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Camaro 2.0t
Surely they cannot prevent legally pictures taken from the public road just outside the entrance. If you are on their property I’m sure that can ask you to leave. But step one foot onto public road and it’s all ok from a legal standpoint to take pictures
that's actually not entirely true. if you take a picture of someone or their property, and they don't want you to do that, you can't. it's illegal to put a surveillance camera on your neighbors house, for example.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
that's actually not entirely true. if you take a picture of someone or their property, and they don't want you to do that, you can't. it's illegal to put a surveillance camera on your neighbors house, for example.
https://www.acludc.org/en/know-your-rights/know-your-rights-if-stopped-photographing-public

When in public spaces where you are lawfully present you have the right to photograph anything that is in plain view.

When you are on private property, the property owner may set rules about the taking of photographs.

So if you're on a public sidewalk/street you can photograph Rivian facilities and they can't really do anything about it, other than I guess try to get in your way to ruin the shot.

If you travel onto Rivian property, then they can tell you not to take photographs. Technically you still could... But they have the right to ask you to leave, and if you refused to comply you could get arrested for that.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Nope. It's a broad question of where you have a reasonable expectation of privacy. A business pretty much always has a lower expectation of privacy than an individual who is in their home. And even with a residence, I'm fairly confident I could legally put a camera somewhere that faces someone else's front yard because there is no expectation of privacy when you're in plain view of a public road. I could probably NOT legally use a crane to look into someone's backyard, but a ground level camera? Yeah, I'm good to go.
Sponsored