First Name
Mustafa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Toyota 4Runner Limited
Occupation
Sales
Do we know when the next IPO filing is?? Would love to see it ramp up on the next report.
Sponsored

R1S Maineiac

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo CX90 Recharge PHEV
Occupation
Medically retired 8/27/21
Do we know when the next IPO filing is?? Would love to see it ramp up on the next report.
Hopefully this week

The deadline for us to sign up for it ended last night.

Driveout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
About 50 working days to produce 48000 R1T's by the end of CY2021 yields about 960 per day. That seems a bit optimistic at this point even with the help of the Ford, Tesla and McLaren people poached for their expertise. I've been waiting for 32 months at this point and quite a few have been on the list for 35 months. The issue for me isn't the delay as much as the lack of useful communication from Rivian. There is no good alternative to the R1T on the immediate horizon. At least Rivian is producing something with thoughtful design and engineering collaboration from scratch instead of trying to adapt existing products while amortizing the investment of legacy parts and methods. They may not be truly new as they've been in the shadows since 2009 but they are new to production with a new product. There seems to be a question of brand loyalty as a theme here. It's hard to be loyal to something the majority of us haven't seen much less driven. I remain loyal to the image as long as there are no alternatives to suck my attention and dollars away, give me something to hold on to. Let's not get to "Say Something, I'm giving up on you". I want to believe. I want to read, in this forum, someone's first ownership impressions, how the delivery went, what it's like to get insurance, how it feels to daily drive, first time a bird leaves a signature, the looks from other drivers... That's still vicarious but closer to me.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Is Rivian chat down?
I think the question mark link is, scroll to the bottom of the help page and you should be able to start a chat

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian discloses 56 R1T produced and 42 R1T delivered as of October 22, 2021 1635270809979

Reactions: Max

Sponsored

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

About 50 working days to produce 48000 R1T's by the end of CY2021 yields about 960 per day. That seems a bit optimistic at this point even with the help of the Ford, Tesla and McLaren people poached for their expertise.
Rivian has stated that they will get through the pre-orders by the end of 2022, not 2021. Launch Editions are supposed to be done by spring but that is significantly fewer than 48k vehicles. Also, the 48k+ preorders are both the R1T and the R1S combined.

Pixelshot

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW eGolf
Occupation
Filmmaker
Rivian has stated that they will get through the pre-orders by the end of 2022, not 2021. Launch Editions are supposed to be done by spring but that is significantly fewer than 48k vehicles. Also, the 48k+ preorders are both the R1T and the R1S combined.
Do we know the breakdown between LEs and post-LE pre orders?

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

Do we know the breakdown between LEs and post-LE pre orders?
Unfortunately a break down was not included in the S-1 filing. Just the total preorder numbers.

Greenwater

First Name
Green
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S
Occupation
software engineer
My broker at Wells Fargo told me it’s $8b when he looked it up in their system, which is massive for an IPO.
I read they are trying to raise $8 billion in stock proceeds but the market cap will be much higher, asking for 80 billion. 80 is clearly too high. I'm eligible to buy in early as a long time preorder, but I'll be amazed if their mc is that high - at 20 billion I'd probably buy the rumored $10k per cust. preorder amount, at 80b I might sadly buy 1 share. It's not going to be Tesla until they start selling the like crazy.
, and as a long te tea shareholder, big t is way overvalued.

stumptown85

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback, XC60, Dakota
Occupation
Engineer
The $8b was in reference to the funds they are raising. Keep in mind they not only have to convince people it’s worth buying at $80b, but they also need to get them to buy $8b in new shares at that price.

I read they are trying to raise $8 billion in stock proceeds but the market cap will be much higher, asking for 80 billion. 80 is clearly too high. I'm eligible to buy in early as a long time preorder, but I'll be amazed if their mc is that high - at 20 billion I'd probably buy the rumored $10k per cust. preorder amount, at 80b I might sadly buy 1 share. It's not going to be Tesla until they start selling the like crazy.
, and as a long te tea shareholder, big t is way overvalued.

Sponsored

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I legitimately do not understand why this is the criteria for a delivery to "count." A delivery is a delivery regardless of whether the person taking delivery is going to be critical or not. It sounds (to me) like what you're really wanting is a review. In terms of feedback/review, I agree that I'd like to see non-employees get their hands on one. Still, deliveries have happened regardless of whether or not we can get a "review" out of it.
Good way to focus the question, distinguishing between two separate issues. Thanks!

Greenwater

First Name
Green
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S
Occupation
software engineer
Good way to focus the question, distinguishing between two separate issues. Thanks!
I don't care about whether someone defines a delivery that counts in a different way than I do. The key issue is we just don't know about how good the vehicles are, with a lot of open, honest opinions until they are in the hands of people who aren't employees. It's as simple as that.

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I don't care about whether someone defines a delivery that counts in a different way than I do. The key issue is we just don't know about how good the vehicles are, with a lot of open, honest opinions until they are in the hands of people who aren't employees. It's as simple as that.
One issue is we need open and critical reviews of the finished vehicle. The other I see is we need accurate production numbers to better anticipate the pace of deliveries. Two issues we all care about. Yes?

linkwpc

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2016 CMax, 2001 Saleen, 2002 GS300
Clubs