Sponsored

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
I never witnessed or heard about any demonstration utilizing Alexa, but I think it's coming in the future, via OTA update.

As always, for the company and other "Cloud 10" participants, please weigh in if you additional info.
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Customer Service: SiriusXM Radio will not be native part of the entertainment system 1629690038807
Sponsored

Sacagawea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Cooper, Harley
Chatted will a CS rep today and asked if XM radio would be included. They confirmed to me that XM will not be a part of the entertainment system but an app could be used with Bluetooth. Rather disappointing.
Isn't one of the points of having a Rivian to spend more time out in the middle of nowhere? I want my tunes getting there and SiriusXM Radio is the reliable way I listen to tunes now. Instead they want us to rely on our phone apps and bluetooth that have limited reach?

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Isn't one of the points of having a Rivian to spend more time out in the middle of nowhere? I want my tunes getting there and SiriusXM Radio is the reliable way I listen to tunes now. Instead they want us to rely on our phone apps and bluetooth that have limited reach?
Bluetooth works without cellular internet. You can still play music stored on your phone.

SiriusXM "music" sounds terrible. Trying downloading some higher-quality stuff onto your phone and you may appreciate the improved quality.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Isn’t one of the points of being out in the middle of nowhere to get away from all the hustle, bustle, noise and chaos of modern urban living? The sounds of nature, and perhaps even the sound of dead silence, are part of that experience. I’ll be just fine if I lose the ability to jam tunes in certain places.

Sponsored

Sacagawea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Cooper, Harley
Isn’t one of the points of being out in the middle of nowhere to get away from all the hustle, bustle, noise and chaos of modern urban living? The sounds of nature, and perhaps even the sound of dead silence, are part of that experience. I’ll be just fine if I lose the ability to jam tunes in certain places.
Oh I totally agree! Once I'm out hiking or fishing or biking I'm also there for the sounds of nature and to decompress. But on the way there I would really like some tunes to start that process.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Oh I totally agree! Once I'm out hiking or fishing or biking I'm also there for the sounds of nature and to decompress. But on the way there I would really like some tunes to start that process.
Easy enough to do with downloading a Spotify playlist or one of your iTunes playlist.

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

Wonder what percentage of people will truly be 'off the grid' with their rivian. Will it be like Porsche owners who rarely go to the track or will it be a larger number.

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
Wonder what percentage of people will truly be 'off the grid' with their rivian. Will it be like Porsche owners who rarely go to the track or will it be a larger number.
For me it completely depends on how the RAN develops… hopefully, far, wide and vast!

Sacagawea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Cooper, Harley
Easy enough to do with downloading a Spotify playlist or one of your iTunes playlist.
Why can't there be an option. My current vehicle had the setup for SiriusXM. It was up to me to activate it if I wanted. That's all I'm asking. Just make it available as an option. Why should I have to set up a playlist every time I'm out driving. I would like to choose a station like Lithium and listen to a variety of 90s grunge. Or AltNation and current alternative music. Novel idea; drive along, turn on radio, select station to listen to variety of music no matter where I go.

Sponsored

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Why can't there be an option. My current vehicle had the setup for SiriusXM. It was up to me to activate it if I wanted. That's all I'm asking. Just make it available as an option. Why should I have to set up a playlist every time I'm out driving. I would like to choose a station like Lithium and listen to a variety of 90s grunge. Or AltNation and current alternative music. Novel idea; drive along, turn on radio, select station to listen to variety of music no matter where I go.
There are various options for those that want to add it.

R_1_T

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2&4-wheeled
I haven't gone through the entire thread, but it could be implemented as an application. This would save the added cost of the hardware.

IHScout

First Name
Waid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Expedition
We camp about 30 minutes from the nearest electrical outlet with no cell services 3-4 times a year. The nearest charging site (expected spring 2022) will be around 65 miles away and 2500 lower elevation. Fingers crossed that I can make it there a d back with my Rivian and trailer!

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
I haven't gone through the entire thread, but it could be implemented as an application. This would save the added cost of the hardware.
But an application would mean you’re using the SiriusXM stream off the internet, which means you need a cell connection. That defeats the entire advantage of SiriusXM over streaming services like Spotify for people who are often outside cell range.

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
I skimmed the thread and may have missed where others have mentioned it. But Bluetooth connected to your phone allows you to stream the XM app from your phone to your vehicle.

A few years ago Toyota rolled out an Alexa app* for their Entune system. I never really have used it, but if I can find the time will try it and report back. Initial reports were not good, but Entune is not a state of the art system by any means.

*A quick search finds links that indicate Alexa has an XM Radio skill.

Perhaps this, less than elegant process could be a "solution" for some?
Sponsored