First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
VP
Chatted will a CS rep today and asked if XM radio would be included. They confirmed to me that XM will not be a part of the entertainment system but an app could be used with Bluetooth. Rather disappointing.
Sponsored

Athena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Chatted will a CS rep today and asked if XM radio would be included. They confirmed to me that XM will not be a part of the entertainment system but an app could be used with Bluetooth. Rather disappointing.
I'm really bummed about that. I need Howard Stern!

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
What about SiriusXM do you really like?

For music, I think it's a terrible experience. Quality is abysmal. On top of the low quality, you pay money and still get ads? Yuck.

For sports/talk it's a better experience. But you can stream most of that on a phone for a same-or-better experience -- unless your preferred "host" has an exclusive agreement.

Athena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
What about SiriusXM do you really like?

For music, I think it's a terrible experience. Quality is abysmal. On top of the low quality, you pay money and still get ads? Yuck.

For sports/talk it's a better experience. But you can stream most of that on a phone for a same-or-better experience -- unless your preferred "host" has an exclusive agreement.
i dont get cell phone coverage through most of central PA, so the radio is all I have when I drive to the cabin.....

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
i dont get cell phone coverage through most of central PA, so the radio is all I have when I drive to the cabin.....
That's one of the things I like about Apple Music... It looks at how much free space your device has, and uses some of it to store copies of songs you listen to frequently, so you can listen to music even when there is no cell coverage.

But this is another example where Rivian should listen better to customers. I don't want XM -- but you do. Let it be an option. It could be as simple as a little box that you can plug in under the dash to add the XM hardware. That way I don't pay for what I don't need/want, and you can still have it if you do.

Sponsored

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Disappointing. XM has it's downfalls for sure (quality being #1), but I find it to be worth the $5/month for a bunch of ad-free music. I use spotify frequently as well, but sometimes it's nice to just hop in the car and have your favorite station come on and start playing. I don't always want to have to search for an artist/playlist in Spotify.

In the grand scheme of things, not a huge deal. Just an annoyance for me.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Is that new? I've always heard ads on SiriusXM.
None of the channels I listen to have ads. Some channels that they pick up are nationally syndicated (i.e. KISS in LA), and since that is just a retransmission of Terrestrial broadcast, it DOES have ads just like FM. But I think there's only a handful of those channels. Live sports also have ads.

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Is that new? I've always heard ads on SiriusXM.
Will I hear commercials on SiriusXM?
Almost all of our music channels are commercial-free. There are a handful of music channels not programmed by SiriusXM that air commercials. Many of our sports, news, talk and entertainment channels also carry limited amounts of commercials.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
None of the channels I listen to have ads. Some channels that they pick up are nationally syndicated (i.e. KISS in LA), and since that is just a retransmission of Terrestrial broadcast, it DOES have ads just like FM. But I think there's only a handful of those channels. Live sports also have ads.
Will I hear commercials on SiriusXM?
Almost all of our music channels are commercial-free. There are a handful of music channels not programmed by SiriusXM that air commercials. Many of our sports, news, talk and entertainment channels also carry limited amounts of commercials.
I tried "SiriusXM Hits 1" and there were ad spots. If that isn't "programmed by SiriusXM" then I guess nothing is. Same was true for "'90s on 9", "Pop2K", and "PopRocks".

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
I tried "SiriusXM Hits 1" and there were ad spots. If that isn't "programmed by SiriusXM" then I guess nothing is. Same was true for "'90s on 9", "Pop2K", and "PopRocks".
There are definitely not ads on those stations. I listen to 90s frequently. They have DJ breaks, and sometimes they promote checking out another channel, but no paid ads. Not sure why you would have heard any?

Edit: XM1 might have ads. That's the free channel everyone gets, so I wouldn't be surprised if that one did indeed have ads. I don't personally listen to it.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
None of the channels I listen to have ads.
Sponsored