Sponsored

JamesPolk24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Yet you blocked out your entire build number so we have no reference for build range.

Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

My truck is in Bellevue for service this week. They added this to my ticket and found to be within spec. VIN 31XX, March Delivery

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Customer Satisfaction Campaign - Improperly routed cowl harness may make contact with windshield wiper mechanism 1659662676377

OP
OP

cbuckley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
My truck is in Bellevue for service this week. They added this to my ticket and found to be within spec. VIN 31XX, March Delivery

1659662676377.png
It would be nice if they had a picture of what it was supposed to look like and what it isn’t supposed to look like. The service center is hundreds of miles away from me and I don’t want to make that trek unless absolutely necessary.

The good news is that I don’t foresee needing to use my windshield wipers any time soon and have not ever had to use them thus far except for my safety inspection.

AdamUCF

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
June 2022 R1T

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Hard to believe "campaign" scored higher in a focus group than "recall". Recalls fix things.

OP
OP

cbuckley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Recalls have specific meaning and this doesn't qualify.
Yeah but this seems a lot closer to a recall than a patient satisfaction campaign.

Granted, I would not be satisfied if my vehicle was bricked by improper cowl harness routing.

Sponsored

bigtex

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Silverado z71, 2008 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
IT Manager
My truck is in for service right now with "Limited Performance Mode". On my service ticket it has Low Voltage Electrical listed with detail of remove and replace 12v wiring harness and connectors.

Let me say, limited performance mode sux.

oh yeah, VIN in the 4700 range.

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

It's not on NHTSA site, so it isn't a recall.....just a fix....

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
It's not on NHTSA site, so it isn't a recall.....just a fix....
Yep, the public’s definition of “recall” is sometimes fuzzy and broad, but from what I have seen over the years, “recall” is formally defined in the auto industry as a safety issue that NHTSA has identified as a required fix. If NHTSA is not requiring it, the manufacturer can call it anything they want. You won’t see a “recall“ for the tonneau cover issues.

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

Just received an email from Rivian stating that my truck is impacted by a potential cowl harness interaction with the windshield wiper. Not a recall, but call them to schedule service - they'll inspect and repair/replace appropriately. Haven't seen it posted to the NHTSA site yet. I've not noticed any issues from this as described yet

------

Rivian is initiating a customer satisfaction campaign for some model year 2022 R1T vehicles that may have been built with an improperly routed cowl harness.

What is the purpose of this campaign?

If the cowl harness is improperly routed, there is a potential for this harness to make contact with the windshield wiper mechanism during wiper use. If the harness contacts the windshield wiper mechanism and this condition persists over time, the vehicle may experience a rub-through of the wires in the harness. This potential rub-through condition may result in effects ranging from no function loss (if a redundant circuit is damaged) to disabled restraint, crash detection or other performance systems/modes. If there is a function loss, a fault indicator light will illuminate on the driver display alerting the driver to have service performed on their vehicle and/or the vehicle will enter into a reduced performance safe-state mode and a "Limited Performance Mode" indicator light will illuminate on the driver display.

What will Rivian do?

Your Rivian Service Center will inspect the harness and reroute, repair, or replace it if necessary to correct the condition, free of charge. Rivian is launching this campaign for customer satisfaction and to ensure the quality of Rivian vehicles.

What should you do?

Please call to schedule the campaign service repair.

whereismyr1t

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Network Engineer
Just received an email from Rivian stating that my truck is impacted by a potential cowl harness interaction with the windshield wiper. Not a recall, but call them to schedule service - they'll inspect and repair/replace appropriately. Haven't seen it posted to the NHTSA site yet. I've not noticed any issues from this as described yet

------

Rivian is initiating a customer satisfaction campaign for some model year 2022 R1T vehicles that may have been built with an improperly routed cowl harness.

What is the purpose of this campaign?

If the cowl harness is improperly routed, there is a potential for this harness to make contact with the windshield wiper mechanism during wiper use. If the harness contacts the windshield wiper mechanism and this condition persists over time, the vehicle may experience a rub-through of the wires in the harness. This potential rub-through condition may result in effects ranging from no function loss (if a redundant circuit is damaged) to disabled restraint, crash detection or other performance systems/modes. If there is a function loss, a fault indicator light will illuminate on the driver display alerting the driver to have service performed on their vehicle and/or the vehicle will enter into a reduced performance safe-state mode and a "Limited Performance Mode" indicator light will illuminate on the driver display.

What will Rivian do?

Your Rivian Service Center will inspect the harness and reroute, repair, or replace it if necessary to correct the condition, free of charge. Rivian is launching this campaign for customer satisfaction and to ensure the quality of Rivian vehicles.

What should you do?

Please call to schedule the campaign service repair.
Just had mine inspected about 2 hours ago via a mobile service call. Mine had no issue and took about 10 minutes.
Sponsored