Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
I don't know what the charging infrastructure is like on the South Island, but if they have a good charging network in a few years, I would think the R2 line could sell really well down there. And I'd love to have one as a rental while on vacation.

steelwheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 3
Clubs

I've tried to do a little research without any real results, but could somebody please explain what the difference between an Enduro motor and a regular motor is?

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I've tried to do a little research without any real results, but could somebody please explain what the difference between an Enduro motor and a regular motor is?
Enduro is what Rivian has named the in-house developed and manufactured motors that will be the primary drive unit for all vehicles going forward. The current R1 vehicles use Bosch motors that were designed to spec, so these Enduro motors will replace them eventually on all vehicles. Following the Tesla playbook of vertical integration and making as many of the parts as possible in house.

Last edited:

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I don't think they are "currently" testing in NZ, this seems to be what they were up to when R1T/S, and the EDV were spotted running around NZ last year.

Sponsored

steelwheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 3
Clubs

Enduro is what Rivian has named the in-house developed and manufactured batteries that will be the primary drive unit for all vehicles going forward. The current R1 vehicles use Bosch motors that were designed to spec, so these Enduro motors will replace them eventually on all vehicles. Following the Tesla playbook of vertical integration and making as many of the parts as possible in house.
thank you! I was under the impression this was a different type motor. That explains why I could find no other relevant information.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Enduro is what Rivian has named the in-house developed and manufactured motors that will be the primary drive unit for all vehicles going forward. The current R1 vehicles use Bosch motors that were designed to spec, so these Enduro motors will replace them eventually on all vehicles. Following the Tesla playbook of vertical integration and making as many of the parts as possible in house.
thank you! I was under the impression this was a different type motor. That explains why I could find no other relevant information.
Pretty sure Enduro is the single motor drive unit, not new batteries. At least that's the way it was described in the shareholder letter and subsequent news articles.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Isn’t the Enduro the motor used in the EDV?

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5