Sponsored

R1TMDSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX-5, GMC Yukon XL
Just got off the phone with CS. They confirmed that info would be going out to non-LE pre-order holders about delivery time windows by the end of 2021. He then said deliveries for R1T Adventure package are slated to begin in March 2022.

My config: R1T Adventure package, white, 20” AT, NO off-road package, order date June 2021
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Employee adventure packs and special third party orders in March, sure. I'll gladly bet $50 none of us get a delivery window of March whenever we get this magical email.

Sponsored

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

Ah, so deliveries of non-LE start at the exact same time as LE? Lol, if that happens it will certainly ruffle some feathers that were already ruffled at the prospect of any non-LEs being delivered before any LE.
As a non-LE holder my feathers are already ruffled because people that ordered a year after me and right before the configurator went live were able to get an LE while I missed it.

So forgive me for hoping that this may actually happen ?

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Just got off the phone with CS. They confirmed that info would be going out to non-LE pre-order holders about delivery time windows by the end of 2021.
Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus ?? But unfortunately will likely turn out to be the Grinch! ?. I'm pushing my expectation for my R1S (non-LE) to early 23 at this point. ☹

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
I must be one of the few that is somewhat surprised (though also not surprised) that so many are up in arms about the last 24 hours. Things are largely still on track with their long-standing guidance, just a couple extra months to complete LE R1S, but it looks like most are still scheduled to be delivered by end of Spring as projected.

Rivian has been saying for months that LE would be delivered in Spring 2022, and that is basically what they are doing (looks entirely true for R1T and a couple months extra for R1S which is a rounding error). While many may have assumed they might receive their vehicle sooner than they are, they never actually said you would (outside of a handful test mules on guide calls, which were never actually real and regardless have nothing to do with the whole), and the S1 clearly said non-employees wouldn't receive it this year. So, if you're being honest with yourself, virtually nobody had any reason to believe they were getting a vehicle materially earlier than the window they were just provided based on actual communications from Rivian (again, other than the handful of test mules). You can scream and point fingers all you want, but that's the truth.

You can make the case that Rivian could have managed expectations better, and maybe they could have and maybe they couldn't, but the fact remains that ultimately people are also responsible for their own expectations. That being said, I expect very few will actually admit it.

I thought yesterday's news was positive and right in line with what expectations should have been. I know for me (early summer R1S) it was spot on with what I've assumed.

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

I highly doubt this will turn out to be true.
In multiple CS chats going back months Rivian confirmed that non-LE R1Ts would start shipping before LEs had completed. With the most recent delays it is quite possible that non-LE R1Ts will start shipping at around the same time as LEs.

Rivian is 1st to market but Ford will be first to mass produce BEV trucks!

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
Rivian has been saying for months that LE would be delivered in Spring 2022, and that is basically what they are doing (looks entirely true for R1T and a couple months extra for R1S which is a rounding error).
The communication (more recently) was "completed by Spring 2022". That is not the case any more. You may call it a rounding error. But September 2022 is not Spring.

Also - they have stated that Canadian deliveries would begin in November 2021 (up until yesterday, the link https://rivian.com/support/article/when-do-deliveries-in-canada-start worked and said as much). However now Canadian deliveries are not starting until July 2022. So an 8 month delay.

And as recently as yesterday (or day before) they said that Adventure/Explorer trims would start delivering in January 2022.

Yes it is great to have a more specific window. But let's not ignore the fact that people are (rightfully) frustrated by Rivian's complete disregard for their *own* commitments/promised dates.

Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

But September 2022 is not Spring.
Technically it is, in Australia. To be fair, when they said spring 2022 they did not say WHERE it would be Spring.

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
In multiple CS chats going back months Rivian confirmed that non-LE R1Ts would start shipping before LEs had completed. With the most recent delays it is quite possible that non-LE R1Ts will start shipping at around the same time as LEs.

Rivian is 1st to market but Ford will be first to mass produce BEV trucks!
Right, but that's not what my comment was about. I'm saying there's zero chance that non LE deliveries start in March. That would mean they start getting delivery at the same time as the first LEs, or even before LEs.

There's no chance that happens.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Rivian is just handing out all sorts of hope. ?

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
Technically it is, in Australia. To be fair, when they said spring 2022 they did not say WHERE it would be Spring.
Really - any communication that didn't include a year is suspect at this point. Thankfully the email I got yesterday specifically said July - September 2022. ?

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

Right, but that's not what my comment was about. I'm saying there's zero chance that non LE deliveries start in March. That would mean they start getting delivery at the same time as the first LEs, or even before LEs.

I disagree. I think that non-LE

I disagree, non-LE R1Ts could start shipping in March. They were supposed to start shipping January 2022.
Sponsored