Sponsored

Bigeasy70075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Tundra, Wrangler
Just got off the phone with CS. They confirmed that info would be going out to non-LE pre-order holders about delivery time windows by the end of 2021. He then said deliveries for R1T Adventure package are slated to begin in March 2022.

My config: R1T Adventure package, white, 20” AT, NO off-road package, order date June 2021
I sure hope this is true.......I have a non-LE adventure on order from April 2019. didn't get an email and was fearing a delay in delivery which was looking like a year...
Sponsored

Jferreira65

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan gts
At this point all one can do is wait, as we've been doing, but where the early Max Pack R1T orders fit in I have no idea.

My best guess is 2-3 months after we see people actually start to get their LE R1T's.

And some LE R1T preorders are still set January/February from what ive seen.

So April-June?
I would be surprised if they delivered any max packs at all in 2022

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
I would be surprised if they delivered any max packs at all in 2022
Such hurtful words ?

If you're right... I'll... I'll... I'll be waiting I guess till 2023?

But for your sake and mine please be wrong.

Jferreira65

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan gts
Such hurtful words ?

If you're right... I'll... I'll... I'll be waiting I guess till 2023?

But for your sake and mine please be wrong.
Absolutely. Any startup like this is always prone to a few (at least) preorder holders not falling through. Hopefully between that and the ramp up, we are all pleasantly surprised

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
I have heard from two separate sources that Rivian CS people have said max packs would be prioritized once available. Not sure what that means specifically and of course it’s only hearsay, if it’s even correct. When I talked to a guy at Rivian customer support today about account stuff they had absolutely no info on max pack anything or any other news. Only that all R1T/S Adventure Package should be contacted with an estimated delivery time frame by the end of the year. So nothing we didn’t already know.

We don’t know how many pre-orders are Launch Editions. However it would make sense to build concurrently with Adventure Package orders where it makes sense to streamline the same or similar builds or to keep regional delivery groups together. …just as other manufacturers do with specialized trims amongst their production lines. Of course we all know that LE‘s still get prioritized for delivery, but I can’t believe it will be at the expense of greater efficiency. Delivering more vehicles, LE or not, helps everyone.

Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

OK, everyone who keeps arguing the point: its not that delayed, its not bad for a startup, its a rounding error, supply chain issues. Most don't disagree with that, stop arguing that point.

The issue here is mostly communication. The mis-communication, the disparate/inconsistent communication or more importantly the lack of it entirely. I think that's what most people are frustrated about, not that they don't have their trucks yet... ok, maybe a handful are just that impatient and immature but most reasonable folks are the former.

They've gotten better but still some ways to go.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Only that all R1T/S Adventure Package should be contacted with an estimated delivery time frame by the end of the year. So nothing we didn’t already know.
I thought that was everyone. Can other people confirm if Explore guys are screwed?

Evan S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG R1T Adventure Trim, Quad Motor, BM/Ash, 20"
Clubs

I thought that was everyone. Can other people confirm if Explore guys are screwed?
I just contacted CS who confirmed it would be all pre-order holders.

Sponsored

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
CS told me earlier this week that ALL pre-order holders will get an update this month.
That is what CS told me as well but I figured we need to do a statistical analysis on CS answers to get an accurate picture. So far it sounds like it is going to be everyone. Of course that does not mean that Explore will not be pushed back with later windows. Having a window, regardless of when it is, is a good thing.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
That is what CS told me as well but I figured we need to do a statistical analysis on CS answers to get an accurate picture. So far it sounds like it is going to be everyone. Of course that does not mean that Explore will not be pushed back with later windows. Having a window, regardless of when it is, is a good thing.
I’ve heard the same, that every preorder holder will get a timeframe.

that just tells me they’ve set a production order, finally.

Reactions: Max

Swilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
A Little Bit of Everything
Clubs

I’ve heard the same, that every preorder holder will get a timeframe.

that just tells me they’ve set a production order, finally.
I think production order is close to locked in. Just spoke with CS today about R1S adventure vs. explore trim delivery timing and they confirmed that while all preorder holders will get a delivery window by the end of the year, both trims will not be delivered simultaneously. Adventure package will begin deliveries in May and the explore will begin in August. Looks like at least a 3 month delay on your R1S if you want the explore

Reactions: Guy

Bigeasy70075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Tundra, Wrangler
Ah, so deliveries of non-LE start at the exact same time as LE? Lol, if that happens it will certainly ruffle some feathers that were already ruffled at the prospect of any non-LEs being delivered before any LE.
Shouldn't ruffle feathers. I'm a non LE order holder with a reservation date of march 2019. why shouldn't I be able to get my truck at the same time as others with a similar reservation date?

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

Shouldn't ruffle feathers. I'm a non LE order holder with a reservation date of march 2019. why shouldn't I be able to get my truck at the same time as others with a similar reservation date?
Delivery is based on configuration, location and reservation date. No reason you should not get your vehicle the same time or even sooner than an LE pre order with a similar pre order date.
Sponsored