First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis G80, Honda Ridgeline, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Will there be a remote release? That covers me 90%
I asked this and the CS said no. I would love the remote release, the power tailgate would be interesting as well as the 180 but not a huge deal other than the perceived value that has already been covered. I do wish they had a remote release on the tailgate and have it slow open. That would also cover me 90%.

Since they won't confirm much officially I'll just keep waiting for the official release... Who knows maybe we'll get a longer bed, a remote 180deg tailgate, electrochromic roof glass, LiDAR. After all they have another 3 months to figure out how to add those things into a production line. No biggie. :CWL:

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I asked this and the CS said no. I would love the remote release, the power tailgate would be interesting as well as the 180 but not a huge deal other than the perceived value that has already been covered. I do wish they had a remote release on the tailgate and have it slow open. That would also cover me 90%.
It continues to shock me that such features are not being included, at this price point, in an electric vehicle that is being positioned as both game-changing and "the future".

I honestly think anything less than remote tailgate and frunk opening, plus "kick to open" features on both is ridiculous.

szimmer624

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee Summit - Hemi, Volvo XC90 T6 Inscription
Occupation
Self-Employed
Does this mean its killed for the r1s too? I’m assuming yes?

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
It continues to shock me that such features are not being included, at this price point, in an electric vehicle that is being positioned as both game-changing and "the future".

I honestly think anything less than remote tailgate and frunk opening, plus "kick to open" features on both is ridiculous.
I'm very much OK that the powered tailgate has been deleted. It was in the con column - not a deal breaker if it was included but prefer not to have it.
I feel the same about the Tesla doors that have to have the window roll down slightly and then require an actuator to slightly kick the door open.

Sponsored

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
Honestly, what is this obsession with power opening things. I would rather have manual opening everything.

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
Their current info void feels very early 2000s Apple.

Gearhead500

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Director of Marketing & Ecommerce
I leave this forum for 10 days and all hell breaks loose. Everyone has lost their god damn minds!
I’m disappointed about power tailgate too but it is one less thing to break and they could include a hydraulic slow release or just buy it after market.
Does leave me wondering if I have a breaking point to leave my LE? Don’t think so yet. Still believe in this companies vision and drive.

Gearhead500

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Director of Marketing & Ecommerce
Now that it’s manual open/close... where does one place the handle without ruining the design of that beautiful tailgate???
I’d imagine it’s still the button but with a slow lower not the crash of my current tailgate. #WifeProblems

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Now that it’s manual open/close... where does one place the handle without ruining the design of that beautiful tailgate???
It could still have an electric latch to release it, or even a mechanical release on a bed rail.

FWIW, I think it will still be electric for key fob & Alexa access, and to be on par with the rest of the truck market.

Last edited:

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
OP
OP
jimcgov3

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

This image from the Real Photos & Videos thread still shows some buttons on the side of the bed:
It looks like only 2 buttons which I presume to be the two buttons required to open and close the powered tonneau.