Sponsored

Rivian confirms no Meridian Sound System in my R1S. It has in-house audio system

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for the info. I thought they would have legal language that allows them to do whatever they want. I like the truck but I have come to despise the company. it is not a luxury car company. They are not customer oriented. They just don't care. Perhaps they are trying to get rid of the early deposit customers so they don't have to loose money on the vehicle. Originally, I was so excited about this company. I told all my friends about it for years. It is so disappointing.

No tonneau cover, no tank turn, no camp kitchen, not gear tunnel shuttle, no Meridian sound system. What's next? Get rid of the wheels?

What’s next? Just ask their high paid consultant, Mr. Sandy “Cheapening” Munro!
Sponsored

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
I’m still irritated my R1S is missing frunk power and wood trim behind the headrest. Guess I should be happy with what I have 😆
First world problems are such a bitch, no?! 😂

Ctenophore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I have the Rivian sound system (assumed based on panel design) in my R1T, and while subjective, the sound quality is great. There are likely competing factors other than audio equipment to consider for purchase and acceptance of delivery.

Last edited:

rhuber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S Plaid, 64 Mustang
Wouldn't it be *HILARIOUS* if nothing had changed under the covers and the person who posted the original message was experiencing the audio system as 'subpar' for purely psychological reasons?

Well, I have the "new" system (65xx vin) with the new Rivian logo speaker grilles. Tonight I was doing some work on the vehicle, and removed a trim panel...

And lookie what I found!

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian confirms no Meridian Sound System in my R1S. It has in-house audio system 1680062170755

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian confirms no Meridian Sound System in my R1S. It has in-house audio system 1680062150152

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian confirms no Meridian Sound System in my R1S. It has in-house audio system 1680062188211

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Wouldn't it be *HILARIOUS* if nothing had changed under the covers and the person who posted the original message was experiencing the audio system as 'subpar' for purely psychological reasons?

Well, I have the "new" system (65xx vin) with the new Rivian logo speaker grilles. Tonight I was doing some work on the vehicle, and removed a trim panel...

And lookie what I found!

1680062170755.png

1680062150152.png

1680062188211.png
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian confirms no Meridian Sound System in my R1S. It has in-house audio system laughing-yes

State11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, R1S, Defender D90
Just a long list:
1. No camp kitchen.
2. No tank turn.
3. No 400 mile battery.
4. No electric tonneau cover.
5. No manual tonneau cover.
6. No Meridian sound system.
7. No electrical outlet in the frunk.
8. No gear tunnel shuttle.

and getting longer.
Do you really have 2 Rivians or are you just another troll? Seems like if you hated the company that much, you wouldn't have gone through with a 2nd purchase. Is my truck perfect? No! Is it the best vehicle I've ever driven? Hell yes! Can I wait to get my R!S? Hell no!

Ctenophore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T

And lookie what I found!

1680062170755.png

1680062150152.png

1680062188211.png
lol. Not going to take the panel off to confirm since it doesn’t matter to me the first place, but nice find.

r1s-owner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S, Honda CRV
Occupation
Software Engineer (Principal Architect)
A name presentable to a customer/consumer means a lot.

Ever wonder why some store brand ketchup tastes just as good as the "real thing" cause... Yeah white labeling maked it the real thing. A name brand selling the same product without labeling to another company to label at a discounted price. Does it hurt the name brand sales, no not really. Does it allow for a more accurate perfect pricing strategy to get everyone to pay what they are able/willing, yeah closer. Basic economic theory at play. I'd bet once a backlog is worked through they could sell the "premium name brand experience" for an extra charge. Bet the legal manufacturers have been doing that for decades and no one talks about it cause they aren't the "cool kids".

Sponsored

CheezyNachos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Adventure: LA Silver/Dark Mountain
Clubs

And lookie what I found!
Although this would be great news, I wouldn't consider this the final word. If they completely dropped the Meridian hardware, I could imaging a transition period where it has that system but they used the non-branded grills because that is what they have available.

I'm not saying that's the case, but stranger things have happened. Look at the temporary reappearance of the 12V in the frunk for an example. Let's also not ignore the fact that they changed the speaker setup as well and mentioned as such. I couldn't tell from the pics on my phone, but did they remove the speakers they said they were?

What did your window sticker say your R1T came with?

rhuber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S Plaid, 64 Mustang
ould be great news, I wouldn't consider this the final word. If they completely dropped the Meridian hardware, I could imaging a transition period where it has that system but they used the non-branded grills because that is what they have available.

I'm not saying that's the case, but stranger things have happened. Look at the temporary reappearance of the 12V in the frunk for an example.
Yes, of course...

My point isn't that this is a "final" configuration, but that the OP might be listening to a system that is unchanged, even if further changes are coming. I'm specifically laughing at how absurdly upset he is about this, and how funny it is that he *might* just have different speaker grilles.

CheezyNachos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Adventure: LA Silver/Dark Mountain
Clubs

I'm specifically laughing at how absurdly upset he is about this, and how funny it is that he *might* just have different speaker grilles.
No doubt, that is humorous.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Yes, of course...

My point isn't that this is a "final" configuration, but that the OP might be listening to a system that is unchanged, even if further changes are coming. I'm specifically laughing at how absurdly upset he is about this, and how funny it is that he *might* just have different speaker grilles.
Not possible! His expert audiophile ears secretly knew the systems were different from day 1 but his brand name loving brain would not accept the results. Then, this f*cking forum had to go and ruin it all for him by making it official.

tobyringle

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Really no point in complaining about it now. You already have your vehicle, there's no recourse. And I doubt you would have refused delivery based on the installed sound system. Enjoy your ride!
Sponsored