drhnbtx

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"22 R1T '07 FJ Cruiser, '13 Chevy 2500, '18 XC90
In a chat today with Jennifer regarding auto high beam feature she stated:

"I don't have any information on the auto high beam function but have just sent a request to get some more language on it. I can share that they are dynamic LED headlamps so they will move in the direction of the vehicle to keep your path lit."

I had the dynamic headlamps in a previous vehicle and think it is a great feature. The headlights would move left or right x degrees with left or right steering input. It made twisty road night driving a much better experience for me.
Sponsored

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
Apologies if this has already been discussed. In a chat today with Jennifer regarding auto high beam feature she stated:

"I don't have any information on the auto high beam function but have just sent a request to get some more language on it. I can share that they are dynamic LED headlamps so they will move in the direction of the vehicle to keep your path lit."

I had the dynamic headlamps in a previous vehicle and think it is a great feature. The headlights would move left or right x degrees with left or right steering input. It made twisty road night driving a much better experience for me.
That's interesting about the dynamic headlights.

Her answer about auto high beams is surprising because the web site says it is going to be included.

Florida Boy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX300h, Toyota Tacoma
I had a BMW 3 Series that had dynamic headlights and they were actually very useful. Glad to see this will have them, too!

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
My Volvo has Active Bending Headlamps. They are an excellent feature and they really do improve visibility at night, around corners, when there are no streetlights.

I'm excited to hear Rivian may include these. Hopefully they will not be removed.

It seems silly, to me, to include active bending lights -- which require additional hardware -- and not include auto high beams, which require no special hardware and is merely a software feature.

Sponsored

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
It seems silly, to me, to include active bending lights -- which require additional hardware -- and not include auto high beams, which require no special hardware and is merely a software feature.
Where did you see that they did not have auto high beams?
The CS rep simply stated they did not have info on how they function (and I take anything from a CS rep with several large grains of salt)
In a chat today with Jennifer regarding auto high beam feature she stated:

"I don't have any information on the auto high beam function but have just sent a request to get some more language on it.​

Whataboykie!

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model Y, 2018 Audi SQ5,
Occupation
Tired
Clubs

This just in from Tesla. Elon is working on Einstein's Theory of Relativity to be able bend light without having to move the actual light bulb/source. Should be cool having a little nuclear power source in each headlight.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
This just in from Tesla. Elon is working on Einstein's Theory of Relativity to be able bend light without having to move the actual light bulb/source. Should be cool having a little nuclear power source in each headlight.
Acura hs active bending lights, already, that do not use moving parts. They use several LEDs and distinct lenses that are aimed at different angles. The RDX uses 7 lenses, I believe. The headlight controller can then enable more or fewer LEDs to extend the beam pattern wider or narrower.

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX 100D, XC70, Cooper S JCW, R1T Large
Acura hs active bending lights, already, that do not use moving parts. They use several LEDs and distinct lenses that are aimed at different angles. The RDX uses 7 lenses, I believe. The headlight controller can then enable more or fewer LEDs to extend the beam pattern wider or narrower.
Yah, same on my Model X. I assume at least Model S also has this. Don't know about 3 or Y.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
I think headlights that track with steering are becoming common. Subaru does this and my 1993 Ford Taurus SHO was the first car I owned with this feature and that was many many moons ago. Puddle lights that project the Rivian logo for all 4 sides like Mercedes have would be cool for accessing our gear.

Sponsored

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
What is required to do this isn't a nuclear power source but rather just mass. A mass about the size of Jupiter.

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
I truly love how some of these threads take on a life of their own. To start from a mundane subject like headlights to Einstein's Theory of Relativity to astronomical physics in a dozen responses just highlights the diversity of the group here. Please don't change, The entertainment value is priceless ?.
And yes I do need to get off the farm a little more often. Its been awhile

Jkicks15

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo xc 60
Occupation
Pa-c
I was told today the that their headlights are not active bending from their customer service representatives.
Sponsored