Sponsored

Rivian confirmed for NY Auto Show, with pre-show invite only event

Electronaut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4
Fire off your questions guys! I'm going to try to be there.

Sounds like we'll be able to meet and speak with CEO/founder RJ Scaringe along with Rivian designers and engineers.

Who else is going?? We can have the first Rivianforums members meet :idea:

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian confirmed for NY Auto Show, with pre-show invite only event rivian-private-event-nyc
Sponsored

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired

Sounds like we'll be able to meet and speak with CEO/founder RJ Scaringe along with Rivian designers and engineers.

rivian-private-event-nyc.jpg
So happy for you! Sure wish I could go, but being in WA state is a bit too far away. Maybe they'll have a preview event here in the Pacific NW where we have real mountains. :giggle:
Here are my questions: Can you turn off the daytime running lights? Does the back window of the R1T open up? Will there be a way to turn off the slow-speed pedestrian-warning sound?
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian confirmed for NY Auto Show, with pre-show invite only event sunset-view-of-mount-baker-and-mount-rainier-picture-id955967026

Alan Burns

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 GMC Terrain, 1967 Chevrolet 1/2 ton p/u
Perhaps when they show up in Seattle, Portland, Salt Lake or maybe even Denver I can work it in. If they do a back woods location like the wilds of Glacier National Park, Yellowstone National Park or the Grand Tetons where I can make it in less than a day's drive I can show up.

sdTom

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi E-Tron, Tacoma 2004
ill there be a way to turn off the slow-speed pedestrian-warning sound?
Can likely already answer that one, No. It's a legal requirement.

The U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration issued its final ruling in February 2018, and requires the device to emit warning sounds at speeds less than 18.6 mph (30 km/h) with compliance by September 2020, but 50% of "quiet" vehicles must have the warning sounds by September 2019

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_vehicle_warning_sounds

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
Can likely already answer that one, No. It's a legal requirement.
Yes, I know about the law. My Bolt has an electronic hiss at slow speeds, but it can be turned off. When we're in the back country, where there are no human pedestrians, we want to be as quiet as possible to encounter and photograph wildlife. Our quiet little Bolt greatly improves our chances of capturing wildlife photos, reduces the disturbance of wildlife, is less annoying to other people in the area, and adds to our own enjoyment of just being out there. I'd go nuts if I had to listen to that constant hissing noise as we slowly roll along. Quiet EV's enhance your whole outdoor experience immensely. No rumbling engine or exhaust fumes.

Sponsored

RefugeEV

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Cayenne
Got mine but can't make it :( If only it were on a weekend I would try and make a weekend trip to NY and visit some family too.

Can someone please ask how many deposits they've received so far?

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
I have some more questions to add. What about servicing and repairs?? And, what's the "Lunar Launch" all about?? Will the first adopters be Lunar Launchers?? Will we be able to put a bed cap or camper shell over the bed, or do all the special buttons and such prevent that??Thanks!!

Kialoa

First Name
Kialoa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911, Cayenne
April 12 NY Preview: Received an invite to the NY event, but didn’t see it for a few days. By the time I responded the event was ‘full’ - am currently waitlisted. If a slot opens up I’ll attend.

Hydro

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
still searching
Is everyone who preordered getting an invite to this private event in NY? If not who is it being sent to?

Sponsored

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Acura RDX, 2014 Volvo XC60
We got an invite to the preview in New York in April. It's on my wife's 40th birthday! Said what the hell lets go to New York. Flights and hotel booked. Been a few years since we had a trip without the kiddo (4yr old) so really looking forward to it. I'm still sketchy if I will buy one. The truck looks amazing. The company stats seems amazing. The backing is amazing. The price when you equip it is still unknown and then you have service, warranty, reliability, and resale are all unknowns. This thing is everything I want in my next car but I just don't know if throwing that much money down is a responsible thing to do for me and my family.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

rivian-private-event-nyc.jpg
I'll be going, got my air fare and hotel. Unfortunately, I was waitlisted when I RSVP'd. Anyone got an open +1 they might be willing to share?!? I'll be willing to ask any questions, take any photos, or record any video you might want!

Ranma

First Name
Raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Range Rover Sport
You lucky guys! I won't be there but looking forward to seeing your pics, videos and info from the event!

I'm hoping they show the R1T and R1S at the NY show in different colors, or release a next round of info (detailed pricing, production date, etc.)

KeithPleas

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX, Porsche Boxster
I'm evaluating making the trek from the West coast to NYC for the Friday special preview. Also thinking of taking my 7yo grandson as well - tickets for the NYC auto show are certainly inexpensive. Is anyone else here going? If there are 10k people in that Friday preview then I think I'll pass, but if it's 200...would be nice to meet and greet RJS.

RivianCurious

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EV, Rivian R1T
Clubs

So... Will the Rivian be at the actual show for the public or only for the pre-show?
Sponsored