Sponsored

Fenwayfan77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Acura RDX
Haha!
...and I am all in on yellow. The gauntlet has been thrown!! Have at thee!
Gauntlet picked up!! Just to clarify, which you may have already guessed, but for others in the peanut gallery...when I said I don't think yellow should be a color....I meant it shouldn't even exist in the color spectrum, not just an optional paint scheme!! ;)
Sponsored

drhnbtx

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"22 R1T '07 FJ Cruiser, '13 Chevy 2500, '18 XC90
Gauntlet picked up!! Just to clarify, which you may have already guessed, but for others in the peanut gallery...when I said I don't think yellow should be a color....I meant it shouldn't even exist in the color spectrum, not just an optional paint scheme!! ;)
that was my understanding!

cwinters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S LE
This is that the Rivian employee answered about the Launch green &white color.

SmartSelect_20201117-113919_Twitter.jpg
Yep, I posted in the color survey thread about the new video. You can see it change colors in the crash test.

turbome

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
I'm actually surprised so many are complaining about the prices. When R1T first announced pricing was stated to start at $70k. When I put down my deposit a year and a half ago, I figured a decent equipped truck would need a bunch of options including bigger battery and maybe even motors since then it wasn't announced that there was just a single drivetrain config. The LE with decent equipment and the only adder being the blue is $77500. For a new electric truck that is supposed to hit 60 in 3 seconds and over 700hp with a nice trim level, that seems pretty acceptable to me. Don't get me wrong, I would rather it be less but it's in line with what Rivian told everyone. If you want to get the 1st edition EV Hummer next year, it STARTS at $112k!

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Funny thing is this bad boy will be towing our yellow Hobie Tandem Island sailing kayak. All the yellow yā€™all can handle. heh

I had no pics of ours with the sail up since that requires someone else taking the pic. So hereā€™s a PR pick from a few years back.

1605587986286.jpeg

Sponsored

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Funny thing is this bad boy will be towing our yellow Hobie Tandem Island sailing kayak. All the yellow yā€™all can handle. heh

I had no pics of ours with the sail up since that requires someone else taking the pic. So hereā€™s a PR pick from a few years back.

1605587986286.jpeg
You should have a great time navigating as you ā€œsail awayā€ in your compass yellow R1T. Well done!

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Yes. I'm replying to my own post ;)

Am I, and maybe a few other "lost" souls the only ones choosing the Explore package? I feel like Gollum hanging in a dark cave! haha.

I'm probably going to be called blasphemous for this post but oh well ;) Not gonna lie, I would have chosen the LE if I could have selected the R1S with 5 seats. That one was a bummer. Oh well!

I'm going to mention this before I get to my points below for an early rebuttal and to assuage the hatred ;) I'm not getting the R1S just because it's the "adventure" electric SUV option. It's because of a whole host of other reasons. Looks (not a Jetsons scooter), performance, storage space, etc. Yes, i know there are other electric vehicles out there. Not interested in current offerings or ones coming out in the very near future that have been announced.

**To each their own** - Spend your money where you like! I'm just curious if i'm the only one who thinks this way!!! LOL.

Adventure Package thoughts:

Reinforced Underbody Shield. - O.K. This one I understand. If you are truly going to be climbing crazy, off-road obstacles, then go for it and this provides a little security. Me? Maybe a few funky dirt roads / fire roads / trails to get to some camping spots. That's about it. I'm pretty sure the R1S will handle this. I'm not going to be entering rock crawling contests or fording rivers. If you are, then get er done! I'll ride shotgun and make comments about how you should be driving. Everyone loves that.

Toe Hooks - I'll call AAA for someone if they need help ;) JK. How many times am I going to use this? Few, if any.

Compressor - I guess it's cool, similar in nature to the built in flashlight. It's an Easter Egg to me. Not worth it really. I own a DC compressor that I can plug into the vehicle's 12v socket. Hopefully there is one. I think there is. Hmm. Maybe I should look into that! Well, there's 110V outlets at least. I'm sure someone makes one!

Perforated & Ventilated Seats - I hate perforated seats. They get dirty, Crap gets stuck in them. Ventilated seats are o.k. but A/C does it for me just fine. Plus, just another piece to break & fix. Explore comes with heated seats so that will work.

Natural Grain Ash Wood - I could love it or leave it. The darker/black color looks ash wood look decent but i'm not going to be upset not having it.

360 Degree Audio System - I'm not an audiophile. I'm not going to be cranking it most of the time either. Am I really going to be noticing such a massive difference that i'm going to be crying i'm so happy? Probably not. Plus, i'm sure (hopeful) the standard surround isn't going to be a slouch.

Removable Bluetooth Speaker - Another swanky Easter Egg. I'll just dig up and use the 2 or 3 I have laying around the house somewhere. Where are those?

Passenger Lumbar - What she doesn't know, won't hurt her!!!

Yellow Accents - I don't think yellow should be a color.

Microfiber Headliner - That should be super easy to keep clean!! (sarcasm)

Chilewich Floor Mats - I'll be hard, but i'll survive without them.

P.S. - Again, with all that said, I still might have ordered the LE R1S if it had 5 seats. Just to save face a little after that commentary ;) Maybe. Who knows.

I'm just going to disappear now, go to my Gollum corner, and never come back. Good luck! Focker out!
Can

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Yes. I'm replying to my own post ;)

Am I, and maybe a few other "lost" souls the only ones choosing the Explore package? I feel like Gollum hanging in a dark cave! haha.

I'm probably going to be called blasphemous for this post but oh well ;) Not gonna lie, I would have chosen the LE if I could have selected the R1S with 5 seats. That one was a bummer. Oh well!

I'm going to mention this before I get to my points below for an early rebuttal and to assuage the hatred ;) I'm not getting the R1S just because it's the "adventure" electric SUV option. It's because of a whole host of other reasons. Looks (not a Jetsons scooter), performance, storage space, etc. Yes, i know there are other electric vehicles out there. Not interested in current offerings or ones coming out in the very near future that have been announced.

**To each their own** - Spend your money where you like! I'm just curious if i'm the only one who thinks this way!!! LOL.

Adventure Package thoughts:

Reinforced Underbody Shield. - O.K. This one I understand. If you are truly going to be climbing crazy, off-road obstacles, then go for it and this provides a little security. Me? Maybe a few funky dirt roads / fire roads / trails to get to some camping spots. That's about it. I'm pretty sure the R1S will handle this. I'm not going to be entering rock crawling contests or fording rivers. If you are, then get er done! I'll ride shotgun and make comments about how you should be driving. Everyone loves that.

Toe Hooks - I'll call AAA for someone if they need help ;) JK. How many times am I going to use this? Few, if any.

Compressor - I guess it's cool, similar in nature to the built in flashlight. It's an Easter Egg to me. Not worth it really. I own a DC compressor that I can plug into the vehicle's 12v socket. Hopefully there is one. I think there is. Hmm. Maybe I should look into that! Well, there's 110V outlets at least. I'm sure someone makes one!

Perforated & Ventilated Seats - I hate perforated seats. They get dirty, Crap gets stuck in them. Ventilated seats are o.k. but A/C does it for me just fine. Plus, just another piece to break & fix. Explore comes with heated seats so that will work.

Natural Grain Ash Wood - I could love it or leave it. The darker/black color looks ash wood look decent but i'm not going to be upset not having it.

360 Degree Audio System - I'm not an audiophile. I'm not going to be cranking it most of the time either. Am I really going to be noticing such a massive difference that i'm going to be crying i'm so happy? Probably not. Plus, i'm sure (hopeful) the standard surround isn't going to be a slouch.

Removable Bluetooth Speaker - Another swanky Easter Egg. I'll just dig up and use the 2 or 3 I have laying around the house somewhere. Where are those?

Passenger Lumbar - What she doesn't know, won't hurt her!!!

Yellow Accents - I don't think yellow should be a color.

Microfiber Headliner - That should be super easy to keep clean!! (sarcasm)

Chilewich Floor Mats - I'll be hard, but i'll survive without them.

P.S. - Again, with all that said, I still might have ordered the LE R1S if it had 5 seats. Just to save face a little after that commentary ;) Maybe. Who knows.

I'm just going to disappear now, go to my Gollum corner, and never come back. Good luck! Focker out!
Enjoyed your post, the comedy, the points made, the internal debate on display, and lately your embrace of the LE. Welcome!

Last edited:

KeithPleas

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX, Porsche Boxster
Canopy treatment?
Canopy also known as a camper shell. I'm all about my dog(s) - most recently chow chow and samoyed. This is a vehicle to carry the dog(s) - I can't imagine going somewhere interesting in the truck and not taking them. I think I mentioned this 6 or 7 times in that Rivian survey last year. :)

delmi

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Land Rover Discovery
I ordered the R1s with 5-seats and Jan 2022 delv. What am I missing? Order #4700 and all of the other goodies.

Sponsored

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
I ordered the R1s with 5-seats and Jan 2022 delv. What am I missing? Order #4700 and all of the other goodies.
What other options did you get? Adventure or explorer?

MW_Riley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1974 Land Cruiser 2000 Land Cruiser 2009 Ducati Sport Classic 1000S 2011Ducati StreetfighterS
I would be shocked if the crossbars (and spare tire) are NOT extra $$. I mean the kitchen is $5k for heaven's sake! Up-sell for alternate wheels are steep as well. Rivian certainly knows about the art of the up-sale.
I hope not! Itā€˜s a little difficult to be an ā€œoff-roadā€œ without a full size spare. The bed cooler is cool (npi) and all, but more useless than the one thatā€™s actually in the console of the 200LC. The way they talked up the crossbar racks they better be amazing, and no spare may be a deal breaker for me.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Really wish they would provide an exhaustive list of features for the R1T. Also, I have swapped out the $5,000 camp kitchen for a $20 hotplate, shallow tub and jug of water for washing dishes. :cool:

Last edited:

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
I'm actually surprised so many are complaining about the prices. When R1T first announced pricing was stated to start at $70k. When I put down my deposit a year and a half ago, I figured a decent equipped truck would need a bunch of options including bigger battery and maybe even motors since then it wasn't announced that there was just a single drivetrain config. The LE with decent equipment and the only adder being the blue is $77500. For a new electric truck that is supposed to hit 60 in 3 seconds and over 700hp with a nice trim level, that seems pretty acceptable to me. Don't get me wrong, I would rather it be less but it's in line with what Rivian told everyone. If you want to get the 1st edition EV Hummer next year, it STARTS at $112k!
That price for the Hummer is fully optioned, including removable roof, which is standard. My R1T is now at $95K, but I have not been able to select the Crossbars or the removable roof yet.