LevelHeaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM
Occupation
Financial Technology
Clubs

went launch green / forest edge for now... green is my favorite color haha. Hoping in real-life photos these 2 greens don’t clash. If so, I may have to go either light (white/silver) exterior with green interior or launch green exterior with light interior...

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Configurator is Up For Reservation Holders! Share Your Build / Configuration Inside E60E08CC-92FB-450E-B83D-F6DDA47EAAA6
Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Anyone know if the R1T has power seats/memory seats etc? All I've seen is Lumbar Support included in the configurator. Older photos of the vehicle show the buttons on the side of the driver and passenger seat.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Anyone know if the R1T has power seats/memory seats etc? All I've seen is Lumbar Support included in the configurator. Older photos of the vehicle show the buttons on the side of the driver and passenger seat.
12-way power for the driver, and I have Martin checking on memory...

[edit] 8-way passenger...

DarcyL

First Name
Darcy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2020 MINI SE
Occupation
Lawyer
Clubs

Has anyone got some good shots of the "Launch Green?" I know this video supposedly shows it, but isn't that brown? We need real photos, or at least realistic renders of these colors beyond the youtube channel. Interiors as well.

Also, you don't think it's going to come with crossbars included? It's an $80K truck - it should have crossbars, especially since they shaved off another 7 sqft from the cargo capacity (R1S) in the new configurator. What about tow hitch - it's coming with one right? It better.
These photos are from the Seattle preview in September 2019. I hope this is the colour.

Attachments

Sponsored

nkp907

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, MDX
Any word on home link / garage door opener? Don't see any buttons in configurator pics ..(unless its the third button )
I am assuming the black boxes are some kind of cameras / sensors
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Configurator is Up For Reservation Holders! Share Your Build / Configuration Inside 1605639326646

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Any word on home link / garage door opener? Don't see any buttons in configurator pics ..(unless its the third button )
1605639326646.png
I asked about that as well, but they don't have an answer right now other than "we'll have more to share closer to launch".

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
1605639326646.png
The button you circled looks like a microphone to me.

I'm assuming, based on no actual facts, that if they incorporate Homelink, it will be built into the main touchscreen.

jdhiker23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S

I'm assuming, based on no actual facts, that if they incorporate Homelink, it will be built into the main touchscreen.
No need for a physical button and you could even skip the touchscreen when you have a connected truck. Just pull up in front of your garage door and the software knows from the high precision GPS that you are in front of your garage and can automatically send the signal to open the door...

Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

They could, I suppose. I have HomeLink in three cars, and all are hard buttons (two in headliner, one in the mirror).

[edit] I did find this video from HomeLink showing a complete MMI version in Audis....

Last edited:

Fenwayfan77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Acura RDX
Went with the Low Rent, El Cheapo version!

R1S, Large Pack, Explore Package, 5 Seats, 21 Inch Road Wheels, El Cap Granite, Black Mountain Interior....January 2022....Maybe i'll upgrade to the Max pack if/when it finally comes out. Really wanted that initially. Depends on what range the Large pack ends up putting out.

Guess i'm only paying for the $1,500.00 paint job.......Oh wait, forgot the attached 70K vehicle ;)
Yes. I'm replying to my own post ;)

Am I, and maybe a few other "lost" souls the only ones choosing the Explore package? I feel like Gollum hanging in a dark cave! haha.

I'm probably going to be called blasphemous for this post but oh well ;) Not gonna lie, I would have chosen the LE if I could have selected the R1S with 5 seats. That one was a bummer. Oh well!

I'm going to mention this before I get to my points below for an early rebuttal and to assuage the hatred ;) I'm not getting the R1S just because it's the "adventure" electric SUV option. It's because of a whole host of other reasons. Looks (not a Jetsons scooter), performance, storage space, etc. Yes, i know there are other electric vehicles out there. Not interested in current offerings or ones coming out in the very near future that have been announced.

**To each their own** - Spend your money where you like! I'm just curious if i'm the only one who thinks this way!!! LOL.

Adventure Package thoughts:

Reinforced Underbody Shield. - O.K. This one I understand. If you are truly going to be climbing crazy, off-road obstacles, then go for it and this provides a little security. Me? Maybe a few funky dirt roads / fire roads / trails to get to some camping spots. That's about it. I'm pretty sure the R1S will handle this. I'm not going to be entering rock crawling contests or fording rivers. If you are, then get er done! I'll ride shotgun and make comments about how you should be driving. Everyone loves that.

Toe Hooks - I'll call AAA for someone if they need help ;) JK. How many times am I going to use this? Few, if any.

Compressor - I guess it's cool, similar in nature to the built in flashlight. It's an Easter Egg to me. Not worth it really. I own a DC compressor that I can plug into the vehicle's 12v socket. Hopefully there is one. I think there is. Hmm. Maybe I should look into that! Well, there's 110V outlets at least. I'm sure someone makes one!

Perforated & Ventilated Seats - I hate perforated seats. They get dirty, Crap gets stuck in them. Ventilated seats are o.k. but A/C does it for me just fine. Plus, just another piece to break & fix. Explore comes with heated seats so that will work.

Natural Grain Ash Wood - I could love it or leave it. The darker/black color looks ash wood look decent but i'm not going to be upset not having it.

360 Degree Audio System - I'm not an audiophile. I'm not going to be cranking it most of the time either. Am I really going to be noticing such a massive difference that i'm going to be crying i'm so happy? Probably not. Plus, i'm sure (hopeful) the standard surround isn't going to be a slouch.

Removable Bluetooth Speaker - Another swanky Easter Egg. I'll just dig up and use the 2 or 3 I have laying around the house somewhere. Where are those?

Passenger Lumbar - What she doesn't know, won't hurt her!!!

Yellow Accents - I don't think yellow should be a color.

Microfiber Headliner - That should be super easy to keep clean!! (sarcasm)

Chilewich Floor Mats - I'll be hard, but i'll survive without them.

P.S. - Again, with all that said, I still might have ordered the LE R1S if it had 5 seats. Just to save face a little after that commentary ;) Maybe. Who knows.

I'm just going to disappear now, go to my Gollum corner, and never come back. Good luck! Focker out!

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Just joined the forum and placed my R1T LE pre-order. Great info here but many more questions:

- Is 300+ miles closer to 305 or 350 or?
- Is 300+ miles at 100% charge
- Adaptive Cruise included?
- Adaptive headlights?
- CarPlay? (Waze compatible?)
- Phone app with some sort of Summon feature?
- Phone app with other Tesla like features (Pre-heat, window control, etc)
- Pics of the powered bed cover?
- Pics of tie down points in bed?
- Storage cubbies under rear seats?
- Fold up rear seats?
- Charge network locations?
- Charge rate?
- Ability to tow a trailer with the rear gate down? (dirt bikes in bed)
- Rear camera on tailgate or bumper (works with tailgate down?)

It's very difficult deciding if one needs the Max battery when there is no real idea of the Large batteries range (300+ at 100% charge??) or how long it will take to charge. Add to this that there's been no mention of any Rivian charge locations (than I'm aware of).

I'm looking to replace my Model 3 with the R1T and haul dirt bikes to the Eastern Sierras (Lone Pine, Death Valley, Ridgecrest, etc) from the Bay area and there are very few charge locations in that area except for Superchargers.

Mapping it out (Bay area to Ridgecrest) on ABRP or Plugshare means two stops to charge and arriving in Ridgecrest, CA needing a charge with only a slow RV park anywhere close. It's even worse trying to get to Death Valley. I was surprised how few chargers there are on the 395 corridor or near DV.

Hopefully Rivian will provide more info on the network so we can make educated decisions on which battery pack works best for those that have pre-ordered.

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Just joined the forum and placed my R1T LE pre-order. Great info here but many more questions:

- Is 300+ miles closer to 305 or 350 or? - Bet on the former
- Is 300+ miles at 100% charge - Yes
- Adaptive Cruise included? - Yes
- Adaptive headlights? - Unlikely
- CarPlay? (Waze compatible?) - No
- Phone app with some sort of Summon feature? - Not at launch
- Phone app with other Tesla like features (Pre-heat, window control, etc) - probably
- Pics of the powered bed cover? - Search youtube videos from the 2018 auto show
- Pics of tie down points in bed? - Not that I've seen
- Storage cubbies under rear seats? - Yes, they fold forward
- Fold up rear seats? - No, just forward
- Charge network locations? - Adventure network locations not announced, all other charge points easy to find using a multitude of apps/sites
- Charge rate? Depends on connection - they provide details on their site
- Ability to tow a trailer with the rear gate down? (dirt bikes in bed) - With extension, sure
- Rear camera on tailgate or bumper (works with tailgate down?) - Unknown

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
P.S. - Again, with all that said, I still might have ordered the LE R1S if it had 5 seats. Just to save face a little after that commentary ;) Maybe. Who knows.

I'm just going to disappear now, go to my Gollum corner, and never come back. Good luck! Focker out!
IMO, you should configure the Launch Edition this week, while you can. There's a chance they might offer a 3rd row delete option on the LE once the configurator matures. If it was me, I'd order the 7 seat version & either leave the 3rd row folded down (within 3 degrees of flat) or even remove the 3rd row seats myself (with the option to put them back in if needed or for resale one day).
Sponsored