Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition
Occupation
Retired
WENT ALL GREEN!
Configured Launch Edition
Launch Green exterior (may change to Forest Green)
Forest Edge interior with 7 seats
Delivery August 2021... $79,500

Want to add electrochromic roof and roof rack/cross bars

May upgrade battery to 400+ mile, if it becomes available. I understand doing so may cause lost of 3rd row making it a 5 seater...

I was Pre-ordered May 2019, Order # 10924
Sponsored

Ron S

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
993 Turbo, Tesla Model Long Range, Jaguar XK8
Clubs

Ron, that sounds about right. I'm a few places behind you, but I pre-ordered on 11/30/18 so my guess is you may be a day or two later than the 27th. Maybe the 28-29th.

Coast2Coast,
You may be correct as I cannot absolutely confirm the date, but we are certainly in the ball park!

ohmman

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Model X LR, 2014 Model S P85
135kW or 180kW? I think you were planning on a R1S so I'm guessing you must have gone 135. I'd be curious to understand how you think that will work for towing a travel trailer - given you have done this before with a BEV.
I got an R1T and 180kWh. And yes, mainly due to towing requirements.

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

WENT ALL GREEN!
Configured Launch Edition
Launch Green exterior (may change to Forest Green)
Forest Edge interior with 7 seats
Delivery August 2021... $79,500

Want to add electrochromic roof and roof rack/cross bars

May upgrade battery to 400+ mile, if it becomes available. I understand doing so may cause lost of 3rd row making it a 5 seater...

I was Pre-ordered May 2019, Order # 10924
7 seat with 400+ is confirmed as an option, however the timeframe is not. You're currently looking at Aug 2021 (if you're lucky) with your LE and if I had to guess I would say at least another 12 months for the 400+ configurations.

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
Has anyone noticed this? They say the options, specs and pricing may change based on the options as we near production

which means, as they introduce new options, our price might likely go up:oops::headbang:
1605586601210.png
I am expecting my price to go up, because three options I want are not currently listed:

1) Spare tire (assuming it is an option and not standard)
2) Cross Bar system
3) Removable 2 piece roof

Sponsored

Pixelshot

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW eGolf
Occupation
Filmmaker
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Configurator is Up For Reservation Holders! Share Your Build / Configuration Inside sharedscreenshot-

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Configurator is Up For Reservation Holders! Share Your Build / Configuration Inside sharedscreenshot-

Thanks buddy. I posted the number I see on the website in my post. Was just looking for clarification on which part of the number my order actually was. Your drawings are very helpful. Thank you for taking the time to draw that for me.
So I think the order numbers changed a few months ago when Rivian noticed the number in the URL. I placed a pre-order just before that day, and another a month or so later. When I heard I could look up my pre-order, the number was not there (post change). Today, if I do this trick, one of my configurations comes up as 54xxx (from July 24, 2020), and the other (from Aug 10, 2020) comes up as 25768xxxx. It seems that the actual order numbers became random and were disconnected from the sequential numbers at that point.

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

I don't think you can get R1S 7 seat and 400+ miles... As I understand it the extra batteries take up space in the third row area.
I believe there is another section on the new site where this came up, or it was asked to RJ or chat, but it would seem based on this text here that you can get both long range and seven seats.
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Configurator is Up For Reservation Holders! Share Your Build / Configuration Inside 1605622415754

Assumption is it wouldn't have rear storage bin on the 7 seats with larger battery.
I think that may also be why they say that the seats "fold nearly flat"
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Configurator is Up For Reservation Holders! Share Your Build / Configuration Inside 1605622468864

Edit: Electruck has a good post here - https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...seat-version-with-longer-range.778/post-13556
So it seems nothing besides "longer range" has been said. So it may not be 400+ but it will be longer than the 300+. To what degree ?‍♂

Last edited:

cwinters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S LE
Has anyone got some good shots of the "Launch Green?" I know this video supposedly shows it, but isn't that brown? We need real photos, or at least realistic renders of these colors beyond the youtube channel. Interiors as well.

Also, you don't think it's going to come with crossbars included? It's an $80K truck - it should have crossbars, especially since they shaved off another 7 sqft from the cargo capacity (R1S) in the new configurator. What about tow hitch - it's coming with one right? It better.

Godawgs

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Equinox; Toyota 4Runner
FYI, your pre-order number is visible in the address bar when on the order screen....
Good find.
Has anyone got some good shots of the "Launch Green?" I know this video supposedly shows it, but isn't that brown? We need real photos, or at least realistic renders of these colors beyond the youtube channel. Interiors as well.

Also, you don't think it's going to come with crossbars included? It's an $80K truck - it should have crossbars, especially since they shaved off another 7 sqft from the cargo capacity (R1S) in the new configurator. What about tow hitch - it's coming with one right? It better.
Best I could find

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Configurator is Up For Reservation Holders! Share Your Build / Configuration Inside R1T in Launch Green

cwinters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S LE
Good find.

Best I could find

R1T in Launch Green.jpg
Right, I've seen this posted in other threads, which is where we should take this color discussion too! But do we know for sure this is the "launch green?" It looks better, and greener than the production video, but still sorta brown, but definitely not chocolate. I don't want a brown truck. If I could actually see that color and liked it, I'd probably change from Forest Green to it, and maybe get the green interior, with those same 20 ATs. But then it's more FJ than RR. They need a video that shows all these colors on both trucks from all the angles. Inside and out!

Sponsored

Pixelshot

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW eGolf
Occupation
Filmmaker
...Also, you don't think it's going to come with crossbars included? It's an $80K truck - it should have crossbars, especially since they shaved off another 7 sqft from the cargo capacity (R1S) in the new configurator. What about tow hitch - it's coming with one right? It better.
I would be shocked if the crossbars (and spare tire) are NOT extra $$. I mean the kitchen is $5k for heaven's sake! Up-sell for alternate wheels are steep as well. Rivian certainly knows about the art of the up-sale.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I am expecting my price to go up, because three options I want are not currently listed:

1) Spare tire (assuming it is an option and not standard)
I posted earlier, but J.R. from Rivian said that the spare tire is standard on all RITs.

jimrichard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Toyota Tundra, 2017 Infiniti Q50
Occupation
Self
Dec 7 2018. #3437 I believe. Anyone from Canada want my spot?
Just not sure how you can give or sell your spot away ? Will they allow that ? I bet not. Then you would have to get into a dicey deal where you are buying it for someone else and they reimburse you, Better know that person well.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Right, I've seen this posted in other threads, which is where we should take this color discussion too! But do we know for sure this is the "launch green?" It looks better, and greener than the production video, but still sorta brown, but definitely not chocolate. I don't want a brown truck. If I could actually see that color and liked it, I'd probably change from Forest Green to it, and maybe get the green interior, with those same 20 ATs. But then it's more FJ than RR. They need a video that shows all these colors on both trucks from all the angles. Inside and out!
This is that the Rivian employee answered about the Launch green &white color.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Configurator is Up For Reservation Holders! Share Your Build / Configuration Inside SmartSelect_20201117-113919_Twitter

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
That seems reasonable - there were a couple of folks who ordered DURING the show that were in the 1200-1500 range. The question is...did they start at 1000? :)

FWIW I ordered 3 days after the Amazon investment announcement: February 18, 2019 and my number is 7431.
Sounds reasonable - my order went in on Feb 13, 2019 and it's 6612
Sponsored