First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S / Escalade
Occupation
Planner
Yep, it still works (hovering over the truck or SUV icon under home icon).

I'm a Nov. 30, 2018, early pre-order holder. According to skyote and others' good work, I was #14XX on our internal scheme and, now, I'm #24XX on Rivian's pre-order system. Minus 1000 for starting at 1000, and our scheme and Rivian's match. Yahoo!

Configured the R1S with Rivian Blue, Black Forest and 20" tires, but I'm also considering 3 other combos: Launch Green w/ Black Forest, Launch Green w/ Forest Edge, and Forest Green w/ Forest Edge.

As others have mentioned, a real life look at the colors will make all the difference. And, like others, give me the 20" wheels from the R1T please. Don't understand why the rims should be different.
We pre-ordered on the same day! Seem like a long time ago, probably because it was! I’m also getting an R1S.
Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I don’t know. I looked in the url and it’s something like 276xxxxxx.
Did you order August 2020 or later?

Jay

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent
Has anyone noticed this? They say the options, specs and pricing may change based on the options as we near production

which means, as they introduce new options, our price might likely go up:oops::headbang:
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Configurator is Up For Reservation Holders! Share Your Build / Configuration Inside 1605586601210

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Has anyone noticed this? They say the options, specs and pricing may change based on the options as we near production

which means, as they introduce new options, our price might likely go up:oops::headbang:
1605586601210.png
Yes, required legalese. It's even possible though that they could change for the better.

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
Love your choices. Bet you will grill that western omelet to perfection just as the sun rises to bathe your Rivian it is sparkling rays. Yellow, on yellow, on yellow —glory!
Funny thing is this bad boy will be towing our yellow Hobie Tandem Island sailing kayak. All the yellow y’all can handle. heh

I had no pics of ours with the sail up since that requires someone else taking the pic. So here’s a PR pick from a few years back.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Configurator is Up For Reservation Holders! Share Your Build / Configuration Inside 1605587986286

Last edited:

tomis916

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Configured.

Forest Green
Explore
Ocean Coast
21" Road Wheels

I wanted the powered tonneau cover, but wanted unperforated seats more, so I'll save the cash.
135kW or 180kW? I think you were planning on a R1S so I'm guessing you must have gone 135. I'd be curious to understand how you think that will work for towing a travel trailer - given you have done this before with a BEV.

Last edited:

IHScout

First Name
Waid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Expedition
Thanks buddy. I posted the number I see on the website in my post. Was just looking for clarification on which part of the number my order actually was. Your drawings are very helpful. Thank you for taking the time to draw that for me.

Sponsored

FPK1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition
Occupation
Retired
"Depends on what range the Large pack ends up putting out."

Hmmm... I'm having a REALLY hard time trying to justify a $10,000 up-charge to get the max-pack, all in the name of adding just 100 more miles of range. I'm not sure what the hell Rivian's smoking to come up with THAT kind of a kick in the butt, but it effectively turns my $77,500 R1S into a $90,000 reality. At that price, lots of other options come on the table, so Rivian's done themselves no favors here. I shall start referring to this endeavor as my Rivian Kickstarter, because this feels like a crowd-funding thing - especially after seeing some bait'n'switch BS tactics start to materialize. $2000 for this, $1500 for that, $3500 for those - and now, only 300 miles at launch... What the hell. It's certainly not a point of excitement for me, because the news only seems to be getting worse & more expensive. My R1S is now 60% pipe-dream, because I doubt I'll pay $90k for a brand new design on a brand new chassis, from a brand new company with no real experience building cars or maintaining them nation-wide. All this risk falls on early adopters like us, and it seems like RJ's okay making us pay the price for their (somewhat sketchy) decisions. I don't trust Rivian enough at this point to finance their risky decisions with a $90k battery on wheels. I hope I'm wrong, but it IS 2020 - so I doubt I am.
I didn't see the ability to upgrade the battery on the R1S, so are you assuming $10k for that (based on truck cost) or did I miss something in the configurator?

FPK1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition
Occupation
Retired
Maybe try Chrome? I’ve had no issues changing my configuration many times.
And 5 seat is available just not on LE(2021)
For me I need the 400mi+ And 7 seat so it is 2022 for me
I don't think you can get R1S 7 seat and 400+ miles... As I understand it the extra batteries take up space in the third row area.

Ron S

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
993 Turbo, Tesla Model Long Range, Jaguar XK8
Clubs

My confirmation number is 1488. Although I can no longer find my original confirmation email, I believe I ordered on November 27, 2018.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Configurator is Up For Reservation Holders! Share Your Build / Configuration Inside Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 12.07.16 PM

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagn; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2021 Toy Mirai
Ron, that sounds about right. I'm a few places behind you, but I pre-ordered on 11/30/18 so my guess is you may be a day or two later than the 27th. Maybe the 28-29th.