kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I filled out the config. with my 1st choice and then it locked up and wouldn't let me go back and look at other choices. Did this happen to anyone else?
Also only want 5 seats in the R1S - MAYBE IF WE HOLLER LOUD ENOUGH they will change it.

While its cheaper to not include a 3rd row, from a build stand point its probably logstics when it comes to changing parts, anchors, etc. I would say maybe order it and just remove the 3rd row (assuming that is possible).
Sponsored

Headingley

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5 35d
Occupation
Surgeon
I was a little on the fence about the blue on the R1S, but seeing it in the configurator reaffirms my decision!
4B6FCB74-7541-4895-9FB4-C555A119C18C.jpeg

I was a little on the fence about the blue on the R1S, but seeing it in the configurator reaffirms my decision!
4B6FCB74-7541-4895-9FB4-C555A119C18C.jpeg
I just ordered (adventure package) the same except got the 21 road...best for here in Canada I think because I'll eventually get winter tires. I also got the 5 seat version. I was going to get the limestone but my 6-year old daughter batted the doe eyes...."daddy can you pls get the blue". I figured she liked the blue one b/c its more expensive...she comes by this trait honestly from her mom. LOL

But the blue is so unique...I hope it looks like it does on my screen in person. I've only owned grey and black cars before so this will be quite a massive difference given that this is also my first EV.

Last edited:

RockDaphne98296

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E FE,
Occupation
Commercial Aerospace Interiors
I selected the Launch Edition R1S in Launch Green, Black Mountain Interior with 20" All Terrain wheels, - $77,500.

Pixelshot

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW eGolf
Occupation
Filmmaker
Did anyone else have two pre-orders and only get one email? I pre-ordered using the same email each time, but as of now they have only sent one config invite. Wouldn't be that big of a deal since I'm not planning on buying two, but the missing invite is an EARLIER pre-order!

Sponsored

805Badger

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Model X
Occupation
Physicist
Did anyone else have two pre-orders and only get one email? I pre-ordered using the same email each time, but as of now they have only sent one config invite. Wouldn't be that big of a deal since I'm not planning on buying two, but the missing invite is an EARLIER pre-order!

I only got one, but it shows both the reservations in the menu on the side:

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Configurator is Up For Reservation Holders! Share Your Build / Configuration Inside 1605567633085

MW_Riley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1974 Land Cruiser 2000 Land Cruiser 2009 Ducati Sport Classic 1000S 2011Ducati StreetfighterS
I did. Per these photos, it looks much less green-y.
Interesting. I am more on the fence now, but I guess the color choices are the least important part of getting your place in line.

Will really want to see all of the colors in person at the test drive opportunity before I make the final call. That still feels just a touch too green to have in a green vehicle, but we'll (hopefully) see before we have to fully commit. Come on vaccines!!
Thanks! That does look better. I agree, I’ll need to see it in person before doubling up on the greens!

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

Jay

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent
Sorry if this has been asked but can we still make changes to the interior color or wheels after submitting today?
Yes. You can as many times as you want. I hope they just don't introduce new accessories and add cost to those new accessories like cross bars and electorchromic roof option ?‍♂

Sponsored

Fenwayfan77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Acura RDX
Went with the Low Rent, El Cheapo version!

R1S, Large Pack, Explore Package, 5 Seats, 21 Inch Road Wheels, El Cap Granite, Black Mountain Interior....January 2022....Maybe i'll upgrade to the Max pack if/when it finally comes out. Really wanted that initially. Depends on what range the Large pack ends up putting out.

Guess i'm only paying for the $1,500.00 paint job.......Oh wait, forgot the attached 70K vehicle ;)

Sonartech

First Name
Sonar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Canyon Red R1S, Hyundai IONIC 5, Ford Lightning
Occupation
Battery Systems Engineer
Clubs

"Depends on what range the Large pack ends up putting out."

Hmmm... I'm having a REALLY hard time trying to justify a $10,000 up-charge to get the max-pack, all in the name of adding just 100 more miles of range. I'm not sure what the hell Rivian's smoking to come up with THAT kind of a kick in the butt, but it effectively turns my $77,500 R1S into a $90,000 reality. At that price, lots of other options come on the table, so Rivian's done themselves no favors here. I shall start referring to this endeavor as my Rivian Kickstarter, because this feels like a crowd-funding thing - especially after seeing some bait'n'switch BS tactics start to materialize. $2000 for this, $1500 for that, $3500 for those - and now, only 300 miles at launch... What the hell. It's certainly not a point of excitement for me, because the news only seems to be getting worse & more expensive. My R1S is now 60% pipe-dream, because I doubt I'll pay $90k for a brand new design on a brand new chassis, from a brand new company with no real experience building cars or maintaining them nation-wide. All this risk falls on early adopters like us, and it seems like RJ's okay making us pay the price for their (somewhat sketchy) decisions. I don't trust Rivian enough at this point to finance their risky decisions with a $90k battery on wheels. I hope I'm wrong, but it IS 2020 - so I doubt I am.

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
I wonder if my email invitation has the clue. It doesn't have my name, but what appears to be a place holder.

Hi None,
I think that is probably a clue to the problem. It should say "Hi Your Name"

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
"Depends on what range the Large pack ends up putting out."

Hmmm... I'm having a REALLY hard time trying to justify a $10,000 add-on to get the max-pack, all in the name of adding just 100 more miles of range. I'm not sure what the hell Rivian's smoking to come up with THAT kind of a kick in the butt, but it effectively turns my $77,500 R1S into a $90,000 reality. At that price, lots of other options come on the table, so Rivian's done themselves no favors here. I shall start referring to this endeavor as my Rivian Kickstarter, because this feels like a crowd-funding thing - especially after seeing some bait'n'switch BS tactics start to materialize. $2000 for this, $1500 for that, $3500 for those - and now, only 300 miles at launch... What the hell. It's certainly not a point of excitement for me, because the news only seems to be getting worse & more expensive. My R1S is now 60% pipe-dream, because I doubt I'll pay $90k for a brand new design on a brand new chassis, from a brand new company with no real experience building cars or maintaining them nation-wide. All this risk falls on early adopters like us, and it seems like RJ's okay making us pay the price for their (somewhat sketchy) decisions. I don't trust Rivian enough at this point to finance their risky decisions with a $90k battery on wheels. I hope I'm wrong, but it IS 2020 - so I doubt I am.
Looks like time for you to move on.
The Mach-e battery upcharge is higher per kWh than Rivian.
Same goes for Tesla on the Model 3.

Rivian gives you twice as many paint options without an upcharge as Tesla does (3x if you are looking at the LE). Also twice as many interior colors at no upcharge. Wheel/tire options are completely in line with other manufacturers (or even lower).

And complaining that Rivian is a startup with no history? Why is THAT a surprise?
Sponsored