Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chev Suburban
Occupation
retires engineer
Clubs

If enough of us order the 400+, does anybody think that the volume of requests will improve the delivery date? Or is it strictly a battery supply issue?
chris07732
Highlands, NJ
Sponsored

OldEVGuy

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Retired
Anyone else having trouble getting into the configurator? I've reset my password numerous times, but still continue to get an error message. I've contacted support, but haven't heard back from them. It's been frustrating!

I wonder if my email invitation has the clue. It doesn't have my name, but what appears to be a place holder.

Hi None,

Your adventure starts now. Enjoy exclusive early access and start configuring an R1S today.

Last edited:

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
Pre-order 6612 (Feb 2019)
R1T
LE
Forest/Black
22" - but may drop back to the 20" and just replace the tires with all seasons.

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Got my email at about 1230pm PST, configured and good to go.
R1S Launch Edition, 22" Sport wheels, Blue exterior, White interior.
$80,000.

Color choices are definitely subject to change once Rivian releases some real-world pics and potentially after seeing them in the flesh.
Looks like you selected the Adventure package instead of the LE. Only additonal cost option to the LE that you list is $1,500 for the color.

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Looks like you selected the Adventure package instead of the LE. Only additonal cost option to the LE that you list is $1,500 for the color.
Blue is $2,500 & LE R1S starts @ $77.5K. He properly selected LE.

Cardiffarian

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3; Jag F Pace; ā€˜66 Bronco
Yeah, the configuration was confusing at first. Not well thought out because many people think they are automatically getting the LE and then choosing the Adventure Package which sends them into a parallel universe.

IlliniRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
At some point, it seems the web link stops representing your order number. Mine is showing something north of 274,000,000 (I ordered on Nov. 15 so maybe it did not process fully yet).

I am ordering an R1S but not sure I really want the 3d row, which forces me to wait until 2022. Hoping we are able to see real models for test drives before we need to lock in.

BeanEW

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
I really have a feeling that Rivian still does not have a R1S 400+ solution, and don't know when exactly it'll be out. Therefore, I settled with the 300+ for now.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
At some point, it seems the web link stops representing your order number. Mine is showing something north of 274,000,000 (I ordered on Nov. 15 so maybe it did not process fully yet).

I am ordering an R1S but not sure I really want the 3d row, which forces me to wait until 2022. Hoping we are able to see real models for test drives before we need to lock in.
I dont need the 3rd row, so im still waiting to see pics of it folded.

Sponsored

delmi

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Land Rover Discovery
I filled out the config. with my 1st choice and then it locked up and wouldn't let me go back and look at other choices. Did this happen to anyone else?
Also only want 5 seats in the R1S - MAYBE IF WE HOLLER LOUD ENOUGH they will change it.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
I did. Per these photos, it looks much less green-y.
Interesting. I am more on the fence now, but I guess the color choices are the least important part of getting your place in line.

Will really want to see all of the colors in person at the test drive opportunity before I make the final call. That still feels just a touch too green to have in a green vehicle, but we'll (hopefully) see before we have to fully commit. Come on vaccines!!

LevelHeaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM
Occupation
Financial Technology
Clubs

Their Facebook says all preorder holders should be in now, but I havenā€™t gotten an email nor does the link to create an account work.