Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW eGolf
Occupation
Filmmaker
Great screen shots. Thanks!

I'm a bit in the dark as to the pros/cons of each tire set. Thoughts?
In an attempt to answer my question about wheel size pro/cons, I found this thread on a separate blog for ICE trucks, but I think it applies: https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/233492-20-inch-wheels-vs-22-in-wheels/

Basically, the consensus seems to be that 20 in wheels are better than 22s for ride comfort (although a nominal difference), efficiency (due to less weight), and durability. The main advantage of the 22s is just in looks. Looks like smaller wheels would be even better for both but not an option with Rivian.

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
...the wait continues November '19 reservation...no email yet. the first configurator screenshots looks great in the dark colors...crazy we are all so eager to log in $75k+ in a rush...Rivian...the new $70K+ iPhone :CWL:
I am thinking more like $100K-, so it is getting closer to my Hummer reservation.

EVJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Honda Pilot, 2012 Hyundai Veloster, 2019 Infinity Q50 Luxe, 2020 Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Sales
Got my email at 1:16 EST and I preordered January 2019. Went with the R1S in Rivian Blue and the Ocean Coast interior. I wonder how badly that will stain though... I have two kids and a dog.
I have a Tesla Model 3 with white interior, it's not a huge issue...just use baby wipes or a good interior auto cleaner and it holds up pretty well.

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
Email received: 2:18PM (Eastern)
Pre-order# 9,365
Pre-order Date: Apr 2019

Sponsored

turbome

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
July 2019 pre-order here and still no email which sucks because others with pre-orders after have received the email. The email yesterday said visit config early if you want the launch edition since there are limited quantities. If that's the case, I sure hope they go by pre-order dates and not when you were able to configure your options since apparently the email is pretty random.

JamesCockrill

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Residential & Commerical Builder
I read on the website that the removable top option will be released later in 2022. Not initially available option.
Can this be selected on the configurator? I don't mind the wait till 2022 but I hate to be behind everyone in general orders if I can't select the option this week.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Just got my email... August 19 pre-order date.

Thankfully made is just before we're about to head out of town.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Can this be selected on the configurator? I don't mind the wait till 2022 but I hate to be behind everyone in general orders if I can't select the option this week.
Not at this time.

Sponsored

loucetios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ, Toyota Spyder, Honda CRV
Occupation
Investor
Have not received the configuration email yet.

Update @ 2:41 I received my configuration email.

Going with the Adventure Package, El Cap Granite, Ocean Coast, 21" Road wheels.

Last edited:

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

July 2019 pre-order here and still no email which sucks because others with pre-orders after have received the email. The email yesterday said visit config early if you want the launch edition since there are limited quantities. If that's the case, I sure hope they go by pre-order dates and not when you were able to configure your options since apparently the email is pretty random.
I have seen anyone after April 2019 say they have configured, yet

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

I have seen anyone after April 2019 say they have configured, yet
I mean I haven't seen any post for peopel with orders after April 2019.

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
They changed that language to, "order LE before the end of early access to guarantee LE". Preorder holders ordering now should all be good.
Sponsored