Sponsored

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE / 2018 Lexus GX
Where is everyone seeing the kitchen option? That did not show up for me.
Sponsored

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
Are there more pictures of interior options?

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

Not seeing kitchen option, or even options for a different battery pack...

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
No more specific date. :(
That's frustrating - I thought the whole point of this configurator was to see how your delivery date might get affected based on the options selected. It sounds like they're just putting in a blanket date - for example all Launch Edition customers will see the same 'begins June 2021' or 'Aug 2021' regardless of their place in line. That's not very helpful :/.

Also curious if their plan is to fully conclude Launch Edition deliveries before the standard editions start rolling off the line in Jan 2022. Anyone hear from Rivian about that?

Sponsored

Rivy

First Name
Rivy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LX570
In the "home section of your account" I like this:

What to expect next
We’ll contact you to confirm your configuration and order when we get closer to production. Keep coming back to your account to check for important announcements and the latest updates, including new accessories and merchandise.

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

Yeah, this is a somewhat of pointless configurator, except for the fact we now know prices for different colors and wheels. Oh, and the off-road upgrade is $2k.

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
That's frustrating - I thought the whole point of this configurator was to see how your delivery date might get affected based on the options selected. It sounds like they're just putting in a blanket date - for example all Launch Edition customers will see the same 'begins June 2021' or 'Aug 2021' regardless of their place in line. That's not very helpful :/.
Agreed. They've been telling us for a year that the configurator would be some magical tool that will answer all of our questions.

Based on what people are saying, it seems incredibly basic and leaves the vast majority of questions we have still open.

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H, 2023 Genesis GV60
I placed pre-order Nov 1, 2020. Haven't received the email, looks like I have to wait till end of day today.

Sponsored

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Agreed. They've been telling us for a year that the configurator would be some magical tool that will answer all of our questions.

Based on what people are saying, it seems incredibly basic and leaves the vast majority of questions we have still open.
I mean they prob end up rushing it after the oops on their old website.
We should probably wait until the end of the year to see more options as they were telling us :D

gombater

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T FE/FG
Occupation
Engineering Manager
here is what I configured for first go around...

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Configurator is Up For Reservation Holders! Share Your Build / Configuration Inside 1605551885889

there are additional upgrades - camp kitchen $5k, 22" black wheels $3.5k, other colors $2k, interior green color $2k

no mention of financing, charging, etc... but there are teasers of these items in the regular website...[rivian home charger, etc...]

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

^ How do you see those upgrades?

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
So lot's of things appear to be missing from the configurator at this point.... Tow Package, Roof Rack crossbars......

Reactions: Rad

SEARivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T - El Cap Granite, 20"AT Black
here is what I configured for first go around...

1605551885889.png

there are additional upgrades - camp kitchen $5k, 22" black wheels $3.5k, other colors $2k, interior green color $2k

no mention of financing, charging, etc... but there are teasers of these items in the regular website...[rivian home charger, etc...]
I configured basically the same thing except went with El Cap Granite. Is getting road tires a bad idea with off road package? I assume All Terrain are best for off road but which one is best for range on road? Road tires I presume?
Sponsored