ElectricTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Chevy Bolt
I've seen some pics. Hoping the production will give something else, lol

SmartSelect_20201110-133011_Photos.jpg

SmartSelect_20201110-133004_Photos.jpg
Rather quirky I must say. The frunk and tunnel will make up for this blunder. I would rather have the seat fold in the opposite direction but the design is what it is. Sure don't want to snap off the cushion. Hinges look like a weak link.
Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I wonder if the configurator is going to blow us away. I'm thinking interactive feature highlights/animations, virtual 3D, etc. The Lucid one was pretty cool, and I'm curious to see if Rivian will try to top it.

Personally, I'm hoping to see how the 2nd & 3rd row seats fold in the R1S. Biggest thing of course will be option pricing & delivery timeframes.

Anyone else have thoughts or expectations for the forthcoming configurator?

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I wonder if the configurator is going to blow us away. I'm thinking interactive feature highlights/animations, virtual 3D, etc. The Lucid one was pretty cool, and I'm curious to see if Rivian will try to top it.

Personally, I'm hoping to see how the 2nd & 3rd row seats fold in the R1S. Biggest thing of course will be option pricing & delivery timeframes.

I don't care about fancy, it could be ascii based as far as I am concerned. It just needs to start answering some of the fundamental questions we all have.

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
Now maybe I’m just horribly misremembering this, but I seem to recall that waaaaaaaaay long ago, there was some talk about an AR configurator

That would be cool, if not wholly unnecessary

IHScout

First Name
Waid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Expedition
I want to see if any mileage increase has been accomplished for the 135kwh battery. Also car seats in the 2nd row and 3rd row leg room. I hope they include a trailer brake controller for towing my camping trailer.

Sponsored

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
I don't care about fancy, it could be ascii based as far as I am concerned. It just needs to start answering some of the fundamental questions we all have.
Exactly. :clap:

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I feel the same way. With that said, it was originally expected late 2019, so I'd hope they had enough extra time to do some cool stuff.

I also hope they unveil a lot of the details & data that they've collected through testing (range/consumption in various scenarios, towing, cabin heating & cooling, etc).

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
I noticed the roof options question was missing from the configuration section in the new support site. I think I saw it in the new support site recently but it definitely listed the roof options in the old FAQ. You can still find the question via search though:

https://rivian.com/support/article/what-roof-options-can-i-expect

I followed up with customer support chat because we haven't seen a detachable roof yet and figured it might not be making the 1st year cut. All they could tell me was that the configurator would be able to answer that question "very very soon." They would get no more specific than "very very soon." But sounds better than "later this year" I guess. I think I'm most encouraged by the fact that they passed the buck to the configurator more than non-specific verbal choices, however.

Last edited:

Otra4

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV4 hybrid, Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
Nurse Practitioner
Looking forward to seeing the options and possibilities.

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Explorer Limited, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

Now maybe I’m just horribly misremembering this, but I seem to recall that waaaaaaaaay long ago, there was some talk about an AR configurator

Yea I remember a quite, maybe in a video of them talking about how they believe someone should be able to really get to know the vehicle online including "how it looks on their driveway"

Sponsored

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic

What does the AR stand for?

RobBot

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Augmented Reality I believe, so basically you can hold up your phone camera to your driveway (or probably other places) and see your custom Rivian sitting there.

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
The guy who runs the Rivian fan page on facebook has told everyone to keep an eye on their email this afternoon, hinting we'll be learning directly from Rivian when things will happen.

I cannot vouch for the guy's knowledge, so just sharing. He has historically seemed to get some info from Rivian earlier than most, so I'm hopeful.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
The guy who runs the Rivian fan page on facebook has told everyone to keep an eye on their email this afternoon, hinting we'll be learning directly from Rivian when things will happen.

I cannot vouch for the guy's knowledge, so just sharing. He has historically seemed to get some info from Rivian earlier than most, so I'm hopeful.
I saw the same thing, maybe configurator? . Does anyone here live around Rivians site? I wonder if there is more movement than usual.
The other announcement they could make is about their Rebelle video that should be presented in a couple of days.
Sponsored