Sponsored

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Cohall,

I'm with you on that! Do you need a roommate? It'll cut the rent in half and I'll provide a well-stocked bar.

Deal? ? ( by the way, that emoji is a handshake. On a small screen, it looks a little creepy)
Fantastic. Win-win. If you're bringing the booze, I'll bring my chef skills and a grill. And some foster puppies from the shelter I volunteer at for lots of cold noses and warm tails.
Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Fantastic. Win-win. If you're bringing the booze, I'll bring my chef skills and a grill. And some foster puppies from the shelter I volunteer at for lots of cold noses and warm tails.
Great! We can call the place "3 B's" for "Barks, Booze, and Burgers". I know, Brisket, Beer, and Babes didn't make the naming convention....or did they? ?

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX 100D, XC70, Cooper S JCW, R1T Large
There was an article or two recently about Tesla using a pre-fab method for new superchargers. Chargers show up on a semi attached to a large concrete block, pre-wired and dropped into place. Finished up and ready for use in a few days. If Rivian uses a similar method, I think they can get a few thousand up and running in the timeline they are saying.
Yup.

I live in a dense, Tesla-friendly area and that's how new supercharger stations popup in a week, and established ones get expanded in no time.

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150
Occupation
IT Software Director
So they would have to complete like 4-5 sites per week to hit their goal of 600 by the EOY 2023. I don’t think that seems very possible.

Sponsored

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Bummer about March 1, 2022.

Last edited:

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX 100D, XC70, Cooper S JCW, R1T Large
600 sites by end of 2023 seems easily achievable to me.
Indeed.

Based on supercharge.info data, the first 8 Superchargers were built quickly then they took a 6mo break before proceding.

The network then went from 8 to 610 in just under 3 years.

By the time they reached 610, the pace was quick enough to have built all 610 of those in well under 2.5 years.

In other words, if Rivian gets moving more quickly than Tesla did at the beginning (which seems very possible since there's a lot more experience and standardization in the industry compared to 2012...) they could easily build out 600 sites before the end of 2023.

Andystroh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Oh man. Just got back from Salida, should have checked it out. Great location to have a charger though.

DanH

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Who's going to start a website like Supercharge.info for the RAN? Or at least get Supercharge.info to do a 2nd set of map, list, forums, etc. for RAN?
I'm waiting for someone to start tracking these. I suppose they could add them to PlugShare and track that way but would love something like supercharge.info. If nobody creates anything by this summer I might have to do it myself.

Sponsored

OP
OP

sdoorex

First Name
Rexford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
I'm waiting for someone to start tracking these. I suppose they could add them to PlugShare and track that way but would love something like supercharge.info. If nobody creates anything by this summer I might have to do it myself.
I added this one to PlugShare but have been the only one to keep track of it. I’m working on a website to track them and hope to have it online some time next week.

OP
OP

sdoorex

First Name
Rexford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
Indeed.

Based on supercharge.info data, the first 8 Superchargers were built quickly then they took a 6mo break before proceding.

The network then went from 8 to 610 in just under 3 years.

By the time they reached 610, the pace was quick enough to have built all 610 of those in well under 2.5 years.

In other words, if Rivian gets moving more quickly than Tesla did at the beginning (which seems very possible since there's a lot more experience and standardization in the industry compared to 2012...) they could easily build out 600 sites before the end of 2023.
It has taken EZ 3 years to build out 600 sites, there is a lot of government red tape involved, especially in CA and NJ.

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150
Occupation
IT Software Director
Is this single one done yet, as we were saying it would take like 4-6 per week every single week non-stop to meet there target ?
Sponsored