First Name
CaliSurfer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Propagandist
Who's going to start a website like Supercharge.info for the RAN? Or at least get Supercharge.info to do a 2nd set of map, list, forums, etc. for RAN?
I nominate @Autolycus
Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

L2 stations don't help low efficiency vehicles. Rivian emphasizing L2 installs is marketing, not enhancing travel for owners.

DCFC installs that sit are either waiting for the utility or parts. Installing DCFC in more remote locations where they are needed is often a multi-year project.

Tesla installed chargers in Moab because Cali Model S owners couldn't take a vaycay to the Utah parks. Rivian is much better capitalized than Tesla was in the early days and they should be expected to do more DCFC. Donating level 2 chargers to Colorado parks who likely already have RV electrical service is little help.
You know what else is a multi-year project?.... Obtaining a truck.

Sponsored

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
If no one has anything in the works, I'm tempted to start it. I need a project while I wait for my truck anyways...
I'm thinking that posting photos of red pins in a paper map of the U.S. is the way to go.

In seriousness, thinking through the major outdoor recreational areas in the U.S. and Canada that are difficult to visit in a low efficiency EV would be an interesting project.

I don't see Rivian generating customer goodwill with their destination chargers. They will just please Bolt owners who appreciate the quick free top-off.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

If no one has anything in the works, I'm tempted to start it. I need a project while I wait for my truck anyways...
Could just get plugshare to recognize the Rivian Adventure Network instead of having to stuff them all under "other"

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Could just get plugshare to recognize the Rivian Adventure Network instead of having to stuff them all under "other"
This. Zero need or desire to have Yet Another Charging Map App (TM).

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
That would definitely be the best solution!

My Google map was very much meant just as a temporary thing to see generally where they were planning to put stations. I hadn’t really planned to track stations (or service centers) through permitting, construction, and turn on, but until something better comes along, I can keep updating easily enough, for now. When there’s a flurry of activity in 2023, it’ll be much harder.

Sponsored

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Perhaps no one asked, or they are waiting for the first live station. Are their any other private CCS1 networks? Plugshare is easy to use with Tesla because of the unique Tesla-Fast connector type. Plugshare's interface is going to need to find a way to not route CCS1 vehicles to RAN. If RAN eventually allows non-Rivians to use RAN part of the time it's going to get very confusing.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Perhaps no one asked, or they are waiting for the first live station. Are their any other private CCS1 networks? Plugshare is easy to use with Tesla because of the unique Tesla-Fast connector type. Plugshare's interface is going to need to find a way to not route CCS1 vehicles to RAN. If RAN eventually allows non-Rivians to use RAN part of the time it's going to get very confusing.
You can filter by network. It shouldn’t be that hard for them to have Rivian off by default. Ideal would be default on for Rivian vehicles and off for others, but that’s a little more involved coding.

I think someone did ask Plugshare and was told specifically that they won’t set up a flag for a network that doesn’t exist yet, which I guess they decided was the case for the RAN.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

BrentInCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Toyota FJ, R1S Quad Large Pack Feb 2023
Reactions: Guy