Rivian Charger Software Version

sylgeist

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps
Any publicly available info about the charger software? I just got mine installed and noticed it's showing:

V03.00.30

I know Rivian doesn't make their own hardware, but already at v3 seems interesting!
Sponsored

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

Any publicly available info about the charger software? I just got mine installed and noticed it's showing:

V03.00.30

I know Rivian doesn't make their own hardware, but already at v3 seems interesting!
I’m at v03.01.47. Not sure if there’s a way to force an update. Assuming you’re connected to wifi?

endress14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC 90 recharge
Occupation
TBD
I'm also at v03.01.47 which has been out for awhile. I was on v.03.00.30 for a long time, then one day the charger turned solid red for a bit, and next thing you know I was updated. No noticeable changes.

snakeey11

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Limestone R1T, 2014 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Software Engineer
One thing I can tell you about v03.01.47 is that it contains a fix for joining a wifi network with a space in the SSID. It took about a month after install for mine to update from v03.00.30 to v03.01.47.

OP
OP

sylgeist

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps
Oh interesting - mine still hasn't updated. I'll keep an eye on it

Sponsored

TheIglu

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata
Occupation
IT
Mine is still on the older version, been installed since June.

Underwhirled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, RIT
Occupation
Architect
For some reason my Rivian app says that my charger “can’t refresh”. It is charging fine, the app just can’t access it. It won’t let me un pair to try repairing - It acts like this is a Rivian Server issue? Is the charge history and charging session information showing up for everyone else? My app says, “session offline”.

The truck is charging and all the lights are green - no problem charging. I just can’t access the data. I’m still on version V03.00.30 (BBOX: V02.04.38).

JoeN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Raptor
Occupation
Project Manager
For some reason my Rivian app says that my charger “can’t refresh”. It is charging fine, the app just can’t access it. It won’t let me un pair to try repairing - It acts like this is a Rivian Server issue? Is the charge history and charging session information showing up for everyone else? My app says, “session offline”.

The truck is charging and all the lights are green - no problem charging. I just can’t access the data. I’m still on version V03.00.30 (BBOX: V02.04.38).
Just an FYI, I am having the same issue. I spoke to service today and described that I deleted the Charger app and can’t reinstall the app. I can get Bluetooth connection restored, but then get an error message implying that the charger app is not communicating with the vehicle app. I felt they understood the issue and would work to resolve. Joe

Underwhirled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, RIT
Occupation
Architect
I’m wondering if the forthcoming firmware update and additional app functionality is going to fix it. I hope it does. Maybe it is an issue on their side as they begin to finalize the new software.

I guess we can only hang out and wait. I hope they resolve our issues.

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
I’m here now too.

No deats from the charger. Just rebooted the truck thinking it wasn’t charging.

session offline still. But I can tell from inside the truck it’s charging.

V03.01.47 on the charger.

Sponsored

dordav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Me too. Charges fine but "can't refresh" from app. Same version.

marubicon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I’m wondering if the forthcoming firmware update and additional app functionality is going to fix it. I hope it does. Maybe it is an issue on their side as they begin to finalize the new software.

I guess we can only hang out and wait. I hope they resolve our issues.
This problem is 100% related to the pending software update. Charging still works but can't monitor remotely from the app until you get your update.

RivianMN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I chatted with CS just now about not being able to connect to the Wall Charger and the nice guy said that the charging team is aware of the issue and is working on a fix. Mine still works fine to charge, just can't get history.

Well, now it doesn't even show up in the app and I can't add it, but from CS that sounded like what he was expecting to happen.

Underwhirled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, RIT
Occupation
Architect
If you download the new version of the app that came out today, you’ll get your charging session details back. Also, all the charge history is once again available. So we’re back up and running!

dordav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
My charger is back online now, but still at V03.00.30.
Sponsored