Sponsored

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition; Kia Telluride SX-P
I left the crossbars on for a while but I've started leaving them off since I use a drive-thru car wash regularly. The crossbars definitely make some noise and impact range. The noise, even with the Maxtraxx installed on the roof too, never bothered me.

From a range perspective, now that I'm 6k miles in, I never really worry about range anymore. 300 miles is a long damn way. I certainly understand that other drivers may have a use case where +/-50 miles of range can be a big deal, but it hasn't mattered to me in my daily driving and occasional road trips.

IMG_9640.jpg

A0F215F6-5E8B-49BE-941D-E677FBDB0248.jpg
Yea for this reason I removed the crossbars from my order. Hoping Thule or Yakima come out with some that don't cause wind noise.
Sponsored

Better Late than Never

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
Desk jockey
I'm worried about the duct tape on the steel post in your garage. Is that structural duct tape? I mean, obviously duct tape is always structural but is the post sheared in half and the tape is holding your house together?

ssincl3

First Name
Sanjay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Thanks for measuring. Can you try measuring at the lowest height, or kneel mode (whichever is lowest) ?

So, if I wanted space for a RTT on my R1S that's 12" tall inside a garage door that 7' tall (84"). I'd need to lower the car by 3.5". 21" wheels will get me .5". Lowest ride height is 2" lower? So, let out the air of the tires to get the last inch! Still easier to do that and use a lift than carry it out and put it on outside the garage.
I’m curious too about this outcome for a RTT. So I know, based on many math calculations, that the thickest tent you can have is maybe 9” with kneel mode or conserve lowest with 20” wheels. So pretty much only wedge/clamshell tents. The Yakima types they advertise won’t clear 7’ garages.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Cargo Crossbars installed on LA Silver R1S roof + height measurements ED4DBADE-D0B4-4C89-900D-1DFABF033921

usofrob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3, lotus Elise
Occupation
MBSE
Can you drive in Kneel Mode? Maybe at like <5mpg? Is it the same height as lowest?

The 21" and 22" wheels are 1" shorter than the 20's. So, there could be just barely over 12" of clearance for a 7' garage door. That would allow for a little more than the thin clam shell RTTs, but maybe not the Yakima. I'm not sure about Yakima, but other similar ones are 12-13".
Sponsored