First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99' Subara Impreza 2.5RS, R1T LE
Occupation
Engineer
For those that are unaware or aware, don't be alarmed if you order the Camp Kitchen Add On, that you will not be able to use the GEAR TUNNEL, because you ABSOLUTELY WILL BE ABLE to use it when the Camp Kitchen is not in use. It can be easily removed and it comes with a cover for it when not in use.
Sponsored

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX 100D, XC70, Cooper S JCW, R1T Large
This was fairly well known, right? That the camp kitchen was easily removable and storable when you didn't need it?

First I've heard of the cover, though! Nice.

$5k is still too steep for us for something we'd use about once a year.

Eager2own

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Rivian R1T LE
This was fairly well known, right? That the camp kitchen was easily removable and storable when you didn't need it?

First I've heard of the cover, though! Nice.

$5k is still too steep for us for something we'd use about once a year.
I think even at $3,000 itā€™s too much... but I would probably pull the trigger justified as the convenience of not having to put something together aftermarket. I canā€™t even come close to justify at $5k.

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)
For those that are unaware or aware, don't be alarmed if you order the Camp Kitchen Add On, that you will not be able to use the GEAR TUNNEL, because you ABSOLUTELY WILL BE ABLE to use it when the Camp Kitchen is not in use. It can be easily removed and it comes with a cover for it when not in use.
Does anyone know how heavy it is? I'm just curious about how "easy" to remove it really is - i.e., can one person do it by them self?

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Does anyone know how heavy it is? I'm just curious about how "easy" to remove it really is - i.e., can one person do it by them self?
Yes, one person can do it by themselves:

Is the Camp Kitchen removable?
The Camp Kitchen can be easily removed and stored by a single person.

Sponsored

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
They've said all along that it will be easily removable, by a single person.

I think even at $3,000 itā€™s too much... but I would probably pull the trigger justified as the convenience of not having to put something together aftermarket. I canā€™t even come close to justify at $5k.
Yep. Before the configurator came out, I had put an internal value of it at $2K. The ridiculous price definitely made my decision not to order it very easy.

Pedritho

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Toyota Prius 2000 Toyota 4Runner
Anyone know why it says "Optional 30-piece prep and cookware set from Snow Peak"? So the dishes and stuff aren't even included in the $5k price?

Any news on being able to purchase the Camp Kitchen at a later time/post R1T purchase?

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Camp Kitchen won't prevent use of gear tunnel Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 1.58.34 PM

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Anyone know why it says "Optional 30-piece prep and cookware set from Snow Peak"?

Any news on being able to purchase the Camp Kitchen at a later time/post R1T purchase?
1) Because it is optional (at a not yet disclosed price)
2) You will almost certainly be able to purchase later

Rivian is not positioning themselves as a "value brand", but more of a Lifestyle company.

McLaren sells a 4 piece set of luggage engineered to fit the front and rear trunks of its GT for $15K (or you can pick up individual pieces like the garment bag for $2,300)

Pedritho

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1) Because it is optional (at a not yet disclosed price)
2) You will almost certainly be able to purchase later

Rivian is not positioning themselves as a "value brand", but more of a Lifestyle company.

McLaren sells a 4 piece set of luggage engineered to fit the front and rear trunks of its GT for $15K (or you can pick up individual pieces like the garment bag for $2,300)

Just had a chat with J.R. and this is what he replied with:

What brings you here today Peter?

I had a question about the driver aids in the vehicles. I know Driver + is hyped up to be similar to Super Cruise in that its fully automated on certain stretches of highway, but will there be a way to enable Adaptive/Dynamic Cruise Control on its own without using the full suite of Driver +?

Yes! You're correct. It will be capable of doing more standard adaptive cruise functions in addition to near- full autonomy

Okay perfect. Also, is the Camp Kitchen for the R1T available to purchase at a later time?

That's a good question! I don't believe we've said anything about that quite yet. Let me check!

Thank you!

Also, for the Camp Kitchen, it mentions that there is an optional 30 piece set from Snow Peak, is that separate from the. $5000 price of the Camp Kitchen?

While we haven't had word specifically on its stand-alone availability, I believe we may have some info on that prior to launch next summer! We'll be sure to communicate any sort of update along those lines :)

Yes, you're correct! That will be a separate add on. You'll have a chance to purchase a set closer to start of deliveries. You will also have the option to assemble your own cooking set to meet your needs (and budget).

Amazing, thanks for the info!

No problem!
Is there anything else you might need right now while you've got me?

One last question
Any word on Apple CarPlay availability?

Unfortunately nothing more at the moment - I wish I had something for you!

You've been a great help, thank you for your time JR!

No problem at all Peter! It was great speaking with you.

E Parx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Also, for the Camp Kitchen, it mentions that there is an optional 30 piece set from Snow Peak, is that separate from the. $5000 price of the Camp Kitchen?

While we haven't had word specifically on its stand-alone availability, I believe we may have some info on that prior to launch next summer! We'll be sure to communicate any sort of update along those lines :)

Yes, you're correct! That will be a separate add on. You'll have a chance to purchase a set closer to start of deliveries. You will also have the option to assemble your own cooking set to meet your needs (and budget).
Yowsers. So $5k doesn't even include the matching cookware. Even if it did, it still felt steep at that price.

I use the Coleman deluxe folding camping kitchen and matching dual burner stove. Cost less than $200 total and has a sink. Hard to justify the cost purely for some increased convenience.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Pedritho

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yowsers. So $5k doesn't even include the matching cookware. Even if it did, it still felt steep at that price.

I use the Coleman deluxe folding camping kitchen and matching dual burner stove. Cost less than $200 total and has a sink. Hard to justify the cost purely for some increased convenience.
That is exactly why I wanted to ask, on the configurator, I noticed it said "optional 30 piece set from Snow Peak" and the wording made me think that it wasn't even included. $5k is a lot for a camping kitchen, but I can definitely see people buying it for its convenience. Not sure how much more convenient it will be than just having an induction top and a few other accessories in a bin that is stored in the Gear Tunnel anyway, and then pulled out to use in the bed or on the tailgate. Guess the sink is the only thing to account for at that point.

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
Legitimately torn now since the Snow Peak cook set is not included. The price was more than I was hoping. I have it configured anyway and REALLY want to get it, but $5k and still more for that 30-piece set is a tough pill to swallow.

Pedritho

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Legitimately torn now since the Snow Peak cook set is not included. The price was more than I was hoping. I have it configured anyway and REALLY want to get it, but $5k and still more for that 30-piece set is a tough pill to swallow.

Maybe only take it with a grain of salt, but, "You will also have the option to assemble your own cooking set to meet your needs (and budget)." was the response from the chat agent; so maybe you can get the cups and plates, but leave out the cast iron pan for one that you already have...or something like that. It'll be interesting to see if you don't get the Snow Peak set what will fit in there, they can't be custom sized flatware can it? ?ā€ā™‚

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
Since the cooktop is induction, you need to be careful to select cookware that is compatible. We have an induction cooktop at home and it requires special pans to work.

drhnbtx

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"22 R1T '07 FJ Cruiser, '13 Chevy 2500, '18 XC90
Since the cooktop is induction, you need to be careful to select cookware that is compatible. We have an induction cooktop at home and it requires special pans to work.
Good point regarding the induction specific cookware. Most modern pans are marked if they are compatible with induction cooking so look at the bottom of the pans! If you have old cookware that isn't marked, then it is typically induction capable if a magnet sticks to the pan.
Sponsored