Sponsored

Rivian Bucket List - where will we go?

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
Hi all -

At some point, I want to visit all these places out west that you are posting about.

In the mean time, I plan to take this on the beaches of Long Island (very fine sand) for some good fishing and maybe surfing (I am a poor surfer). Getting this into the Catskills and ADKs for some offroading, and in the winters, hauling up family and gear to the ice coast mountains.

What will you do?
Sponsored

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
I will be mainly flaunting the launch green R1T around western NY finger lakes region Kayaking and paddle boarding in the summer and up to the Adirondacks as well. In the fall I will be testing it's tailgating chops at Buffalo Bills home games. Winters will be treking to some of the smaller ski slopes in the area. I would also like to take it south to hike some of the Appalachians in North Carolina. A dream vacation is to spend a summer traveling the National Park Highway. https://www.nationalparkstraveler.org/2009/06/national-park-park-highway
Lets hope the RAN will make this possible.

MisterTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
I will be mainly flaunting the launch green R1T around western NY finger lakes region Kayaking and paddle boarding in the summer and up to the Adirondacks as well. In the fall I will be testing it's tailgating chops at Buffalo Bills home games. Winters will be treking to some of the smaller ski slopes in the area. I would also like to take it south to hike some of the Appalachians in North Carolina. A dream vacation is to spend a summer traveling the National Park Highway. https://www.nationalparkstraveler.org/2009/06/national-park-park-highway
Lets hope the RAN will make this possible.
Im in Northern NJ. I think we need a NJ/NY Rivian meetup next year.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
MisterTea, I think it's a great Idea. I ordered mid February 2020 so Santa might be making my delivery but hopefully pandemic mania will have subsided by that point.

HKMiller

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y and Porsche Macan
Occupation
Marketing
Starting with ours on the beaches in Orleans, MA. Out for fishing, clamming and camping. I will get plenty of raised eyebrows for sure, but wait until I dazzle them with my tank turn!

Sponsored

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
I am in So Cal. My R1T will spend a lot of time in Sequoia/Kings Canyon (please have chargers), Yosemite, and Joshua Tree. Trips further North up the Coast to the Redwoods will be in its future, as well as Lake Tahoe. Oh, and Oregon, Sedona, Zion... pretty much everywhere.

OP
OP

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
MisterTea, I think it's a great Idea. I ordered mid February 2020 so Santa might be making my delivery but hopefully pandemic mania will have subsided by that point.
I think you will be ahead of all the Launch R1s's given the R1t priority. I just assumed that even though I preordered May 2019, because R1t is launched first, they will do all those Launch orders and then go on to LE R1s.

Also, Trandall, check out nyskiblog.com. Great discussion of NY ski hills.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I think you will be ahead of all the Launch R1s's given the R1t priority. I just assumed that even though I preordered May 2019, because R1t is launched first, they will do all those Launch orders and then go on to LE R1s.

Also, Trandall, check out nyskiblog.com. Great discussion of NY ski hills.
Not sure this is how I understand it.

"because R1t is launched first, they will do all those Launch orders and then go on to LE R1s."

They have 2 lines, my understanding is that they would be doing them on different lines. I doubt they can do all of the LE R1Ts in 2 months and the plan is to start R1S deliveries in August.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Exploring, hunting, camping, fishing, etc. on the backroads of OUR public lands, mostly in the Rocky Mountain West.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Not sure this is how I understand it.

"because R1t is launched first, they will do all those Launch orders and then go on to LE R1s."

They have 2 lines, my understanding is that they would be doing them on different lines. I doubt they can do all of the LE R1Ts in 2 months and the plan is to start R1S deliveries in August.
R1S and R1T should come down the same line interchangeably. The second line would be for Amazon vans. The 2 month delay is simply to make it easier to work out production issues by only focusing on one model. They definitely won't get through all the Launch Edition R1Ts by August so they will ultimately be building both R1S and R1T Launch Editions simultaneously.

Sponsored

OP
OP

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
R1S and R1T should come down the same line interchangeably. The second line would be for Amazon vans. The 2 month delay is simply to make it easier to work out production issues by only focusing on one model. They definitely won't get through all the Launch Edition R1Ts by August so they will ultimately be building both R1S and R1T Launch Editions simultaneously.
Appreciate any input. I clearly made some assumptions.

I thought there were three lines. I assumed Amazon would always be on one line, skateboard on second, and then switching b/w R1s and R1t as needed.

For some reason, I drew the conclusion based on the rollout dates and that the model we chose applied even within LE - i.e. they would go through all LE R1ts, and then all LE R1s's. In part i drew this conclusion because I assumed that the R1t is a simpler build than R1s.

I know the jokes about assumptions. But you get my point.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Here is a good article that talks about their manufacturing plans....

Rivian Busy With Three Electric Vehicle Launches, Big Future Plans (motortrend.com)

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
R1t is launched first, they will do all those Launch orders and then go on to LE R1s
That is probably a false assumption. They will start making R1Ts and after a couple of months start making R1Ss. You should get your R1T before you would get an R1S ordered at the same time.

HackyMoto

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 (Gray), Toyota Highlander (Gray)
Occupation
Engineer
awesome thread!

What Sully said! But start off in and around West Texas and then keep going west to Joshua Tree etc.

Where we really want to go is down the west side of Mexico. Maybe in a few years but I’m sure this truck is capable.

We have this grand plan of heading to Costa Rica one day. Go live on the west coast.

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Here:
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Bucket List - where will we go? A551E99C-84DC-4053-86AA-35D823691D03

and here:

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Bucket List - where will we go? F732C64A-F167-4671-A51F-46C5B2CBA1F7

Forget where I took these photos, maybe in Utah, California, or Washington state. Definitely not in Colorado, which is a terrible state that no tourists should ever visit.
Sponsored