RIVIAN BLUE Rivian Photos

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
No, not something I've worried about at all. Pulling into someone's driveway is pretty bold. And if they do, they probably need that $1.25 of electricity pretty badly...

I installed the outdoor pedestals just a few months ago, but for 5 years before that, we've kept the plug from an in-garage charger outside strung under the door. Never had anyone pull into our driveway to steal power.

Good to know that you don't have to worry about that and the locals in your area are not that brazen. Here (well, certain "parts" of here), not only would they jack all the electricity they could, but taken the charger as their own lawn ornament ;)
Sponsored

DannyC

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 RAM 1500, 2022 R1T (soon)
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Showed up in my driveway this afternoon!!!!

Never drove one before, I am very pleased. First time I hit the accelerator getting on the freeway it scared me enough to back off. I have fallen in love with the one pedal driving. I did put regen in standard instead of high though. I have no past experience with electric cars and what a way to break my virginity!

Delivery was pleasant, the gentleman from Rivian drove the truck from the service center (no flatbed) to my house. He then got a Lyft back home. Showed up with 23 miles on it. Kids played around for quite some time locking each other in the gear tunnel and the truck bed. Drove over a hundred miles just today messing around, showing friends. Get lots of looks, especially the guys who more than likely know what they are looking at. No others around my area that I know about.

Bummer is that my charger won't be here for a week or 2. Charging at 1,500 watts sucks and would take 2 days to get 20% charge. Having an electrician friend get a NEMA 14-50 plug installed temporarily this weekend.

Rivian R1T R1S RIVIAN BLUE Rivian Photos 1648790374122

Rivian R1T R1S RIVIAN BLUE Rivian Photos 1648790397607

bbqdevil

First Name
Jef
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 LR, Rivian R1T on order
Occupation
Director, Design and Video
We've been discussing this for years - the perceived color is heavily influenced by ambient lighting conditions (not to mention white balance issues in some of the pictures).
Your monitor's color settings will also have an effect. The images will look different on your phone (even between phones of different makers) than it does on your laptop screen which could differ from your desktop monitor which could differ from your TV and on and on.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Your monitor's color settings will also have an effect. The images will look different on your phone (even between phones of different makers) than it does on your laptop screen which could differ from your desktop monitor which could differ from your TV and on and on.
Quite correct. But the point being made was that the actual paint color shifts quite spectacularly in person based solely on ambient lighting and regardless of the faithfulness of any photographic reproductions.

Sponsored

bbqdevil

First Name
Jef
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 LR, Rivian R1T on order
Occupation
Director, Design and Video
oh absolutely! My point was really just that I don't think it's possible to have a true photographic reproduction. Even Rivian's promo stuff varies in how it appears.

All of their colors are really, really deep and have some really fantastic nuance in varying light. I'm all in on Blue, but I don't think one could really go wrong with any of them.

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I was all in with the Forrest Green gang. Not sure why but the last few picks have been very compelling.

Sponsored

abirozy

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model s, lexus gs 350 f sport, toyota corolla
Occupation
lawyer
Clubs

Just took delivery of my R1T and have some pics.... Now starts the after delivery questions... thanks to this community for being so awesome.

1). With the key fob, do the doors auto unlock on approach like my tesla or do you need to physically press the button?

Sorry, my pics aren't the best... more to come.

Adam

Rivian R1T R1S RIVIAN BLUE Rivian Photos IMG_1250

Rivian R1T R1S RIVIAN BLUE Rivian Photos IMG_1235

Rivian R1T R1S RIVIAN BLUE Rivian Photos IMG_1249

Rivian R1T R1S RIVIAN BLUE Rivian Photos IMG_2358

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
Nice dirty Rivian Blue in Harlan, KY (not mine, from Reddit)

Rivian R1T R1S RIVIAN BLUE Rivian Photos ey1g78m

Rivian R1T R1S RIVIAN BLUE Rivian Photos 7Zf83i4

Rivian R1T R1S RIVIAN BLUE Rivian Photos KIPySyP

Rivian R1T R1S RIVIAN BLUE Rivian Photos L5Vhann

Rivian R1T R1S RIVIAN BLUE Rivian Photos kOeKk2z

Rivian R1T R1S RIVIAN BLUE Rivian Photos 4NT55v8

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Went by the Denver service center today and saw Forest Green, Red Canyon, Glacier White, and Rivian blue in person for the first time. I’ve had Forest Green on order from day one and I really do like it but Rivian Blue really got both mine and my wife’s attention. I changed my order to that as soon as we got home. I suspect I just added a year to my wait.
Sponsored