Sponsored

RIVIAN BLUE Rivian Photos

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Question for the RB owners. Has anyone got tired the blue’ness of the car or is it one of those colors that every time you see it, it’s like yea.. that’s the one. The reason I ask is I really love the color on the R1, but I see similar hues in other cars and think it looks pretty weird sometimes. So I’m wondering is it that I like Rivian blue, or it just looks good on the R1 or something else. I dont see enough of them around to really confirm my thoughts.. owners thoughts appreciated.
Sponsored

Last edited:

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

Water bottle is a perfect match.
Rivian R1T R1S RIVIAN BLUE Rivian Photos IMG_2522.JPG

teddyang

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adeventure Edition, RB, BM, 21"
Clubs

Question for the RB owners. Has anyone got tired the blue’ness of the car or is it one of those colors that every time you see it, it’s like yea.. that’s the one. The reason I ask is I really love the color on the R1, but I see similar hues in other cars and think it looks pretty weird sometimes. So I’m wondering is it that I like Rivian blue, or it just looks good on the R1 or something else. I dont see enough of them around to really confirm my thoughts.. owners thoughts appreciated.
i think it's pretty subjective, but i'm a fan of blue cars so i don't think it'll get old for me (had my RB R1T since late June and still think it looks great)!

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Water bottle is a perfect match.
IMG_2522.JPG
Looks great! How well does the bottle fit in the front cupholders? I cant remember if it was the water bottle or the coffee mug, but I thought I read it was a bit of a wobbly / loose fit.

teddyang

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Looks great! How well does the bottle fit in the front cupholders? I cant remember if it was the water bottle or the coffee mug, but I thought I read it was a bit of a wobbly / loose fit.
it's loose, but it works!

Rivian R1T R1S RIVIAN BLUE Rivian Photos IMG_9604

Rivian R1T R1S RIVIAN BLUE Rivian Photos IMG_9605

Sponsored

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

It’s not totally secure and moves around a bit.
Rivian R1T R1S RIVIAN BLUE Rivian Photos E44ED33F-97D9-4F1B-ABD6-A068AED2D77B

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Thanks for the pics. It looks great!

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
i think it's pretty subjective, but i'm a fan of blue cars so i don't think it'll get old for me (had my RB R1T since late June and still think it looks great)!
Appreciate the response. Totally agree, its highly subjective. Its weird when watching the flow of traffic in SoCal its a sea of white / black / grey. I have had white / brown / dark green / dark grey cars figure its time for something different as again, on the R1T the RB looks really amazing, like the color was made for the truck. I notice that more than any other color, the yellow accents contrast strongly and in a really good way with the RB.

Guess im back to RB from Limestone lol.. my other concern was the heat in cali, thought maybe limestone would be less of a "cook" on the car with the lighter color, but I doubt the RB and Limtestone would have more than 1 degree of temp difference. A reason I avoid black cars in SoCal.. they turn into an oven.

teddyang

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Appreciate the response. Totally agree, its highly subjective. Its weird when watching the flow of traffic in SoCal its a sea of white / black / grey. I have had white / brown / dark green / dark grey cars figure its time for something different as again, on the R1T the RB looks really amazing, like the color was made for the truck. I notice that more than any other color, the yellow accents contrast strongly and in a really good way with the RB.

Guess im back to RB from Limestone lol.. my other concern was the heat in cali, thought maybe limestone would be less of a "cook" on the car with the lighter color, but I doubt the RB and Limtestone would have more than 1 degree of temp difference. A reason I avoid black cars in SoCal.. they turn into an oven.
Totally understand! I live in SoCal too and my last car, Volvo V60 R-Design was black (bought it used so had no choice in the color). Fortunately my work has a parking garage so it never really was an issue. With the Rivian I figured if i'm buying a new car, get the color that I like the best, and that was the Rivian Blue. That being said, definitely get tint/heat rejection film on the windows. That'll do the most work in keeping the cabin from becoming an oven.

Rivianation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Manager

I live in south Florida, so a few observations on your concerns; the paint color of your exterior makes no real difference to interior temps. After 10-15 years or so, yeah, the clear coat over black paint starts to give way due to constant extreme heat cycles and looks like poop, but the difference between RB and LS would be negligible - I'd be more worried about RB fading over time. Then again, what guy who can afford an $80k vehicle drives around in a 10-15 year old car anyways (be honest!).

The cabin is exposed to extreme UV through the roof. The interior color is 100% more important if sun heat worries you. Hot hood panels and fenders don't affect in interior temps because there is insulation (for sound, etc).

Sponsored

wilsmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
car
My brother just got his Ocean Coast in BLUE (your welcome brother for putting you onto Rivian nearly 4 years ago)! And it looks suuuuper nice!

I've been rocking my Ocean Coast White on White for 2 weeks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxgOvyfL-dY Rivian R1T R1S RIVIAN BLUE Rivian Photos IMG_0413 Rivian R1T R1S RIVIAN BLUE Rivian Photos IMG_0416 Rivian R1T R1S RIVIAN BLUE Rivian Photos IMG_0418 Rivian R1T R1S RIVIAN BLUE Rivian Photos IMG_0419 Rivian R1T R1S RIVIAN BLUE Rivian Photos IMG_0420 Rivian R1T R1S RIVIAN BLUE Rivian Photos IMG_0428 Rivian R1T R1S RIVIAN BLUE Rivian Photos IMG_0429 Rivian R1T R1S RIVIAN BLUE Rivian Photos IMG_0433 Rivian R1T R1S RIVIAN BLUE Rivian Photos IMG_0434

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

My brother just got his Ocean Coast in BLUE (your welcome brother for putting you onto Rivian nearly 4 years ago)! And it looks suuuuper nice!

I've been rocking my Ocean Coast White on White for 2 weeks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxgOvyfL-dY IMG_0413.jpeg IMG_0416.jpeg IMG_0418.jpeg IMG_0419.jpeg IMG_0420.jpeg IMG_0428.jpeg IMG_0429.jpeg IMG_0433.jpeg IMG_0434.jpeg
Thanks for sharing these, it looks great, and it's my current configuration, glad to know the RB/OC works so well together. (Every once in a while I also consider LAS/FE, which I think would be easier to keep clean).

tiltedandsaltyaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Thanks for sharing these, it looks great, and it's my current configuration, glad to know the RB/OC works so well together. (Every once in a while I also consider LAS/FE, which I think would be easier to keep clean).
my dream int/ext color combo but i got kids.... bm was really the only choice

tiltedandsaltyaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Picked up today in Costa Mesa Service Center. Today's line up of deliveries looking real patriotic. Had to do the obligatory child in gear tunnel pic.
Rivian R1T R1S RIVIAN BLUE Rivian Photos IMG_8499
Rivian R1T R1S RIVIAN BLUE Rivian Photos IMG_7976
Rivian R1T R1S RIVIAN BLUE Rivian Photos IMG_8493

branden

First Name
Branden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T - many EVs in past
Occupation
EV charging deployment