Sponsored

Rivian autonomous vehicle development and supplier & Factory Update

kumarczar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
As I was driving past the Rivian factory today I noticed 2 Lexus RX SUVs and a white Chrysler van with lots of cameras and roof racks on them, so I took photos of them as I drove past. From closer inspection all three of them had "automotivestuff - Hexagon" written on them. I had no idea what that was but they looked very similar to google or Uber autonomous vehicles with sensors and extra parts stuck on them. I googled autonomous stuff quickly, taking me to their website where it says the following: "AutonomouStuff provides the best R&D platforms, products, software, engineering services and data intelligence to aid in the advancement of robotics and autonomy. The company provides solutions for automated driving to thousands of customers worldwide, enabling the future of autonomy"
From what I could see on them as they drove by (slightly blurry in the images below) it does say on them, they are automated research development vehicles with a Lidar camera I believe on top and multiple sensors and camera attached to the front and rear bumpers.

Seems like Rivian might be taking help from Autonomous Stuff for autonomous vehicle development or use them as a supplier for their technology.

I also saw and was able to take a video of all the internals that they removed from the Mitsubishi era and looked like they were cleaning house to put back new machines and internals.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian autonomous vehicle development and supplier & Factory Update IMG_1969

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian autonomous vehicle development and supplier & Factory Update IMG_1970.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian autonomous vehicle development and supplier & Factory Update IMG_1971

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian autonomous vehicle development and supplier & Factory Update IMG_1976

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian autonomous vehicle development and supplier & Factory Update IMG_1977
Sponsored

Electric Rivilution

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Model X P90D
Very cool to get updates straight from eyewitness at the factory. Really looking forward to seeing how good the autonomous driving will be when the Rivians launch!
Sponsored