First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Ram 1500
Occupation
Electrical Engr. & Contractor, Master Electrician
There are two "long bar" bottons on the driver side, both above & below the window switches.

I think the two window switches on the passenger side are a mistake.

Does anyone have pics of the rear doors?
Here you go. one is from R1T and the other is from R1S. From these pictures, they almost suggest that the two 'window' switch on the passenger side door is intentional, but nobody could explained it why on the event.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Atlanta Private Preview Event feedback, pics/video 2019-09-13 20.04.20

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Atlanta Private Preview Event feedback, pics/video 2019-09-13 20.40.04
Sponsored

stevegshi

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Ram 1500
Occupation
By the way, I bet that this is something most people missed or did not know about it: there are hidden USB outlets on the backside of the headrest of the front seat for rear passengers. See pictures...:D

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Atlanta Private Preview Event feedback, pics/video 2019-09-13 20.29.15

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

By the way, I bet that this is something most people missed or did not know about it: there are hidden USB outlets on the backside of the headrest of the front seat for rear passengers. See pictures...:D
After speaking to one of the interior guys at the Denver event, he told me that the flip-down phone/tablet rests(which uncovers the 2 USB ports) on the back of the headrests were changing as they could prove fatal in a collision. Not sure what their final iteration will look like but don't expect it to look like that.

stevegshi

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Ram 1500
Occupation
After speaking to one of the interior guys at the Denver event, he told me that the flip-down phone/tablet rests(which uncovers the 2 USB ports) on the back of the headrests were changing as they could prove fatal in a collision. Not sure what their final iteration will look like but don't expect it to look like that.
That's actually a good point! I found the location to be oddly interesting. Most manufacturers, including Tesla, put the USB charging port near the center air vent for the rear seat, as in this case where the rear infotainment screen is at.

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

That's actually a good point! I found the location to be oddly interesting. Most manufacturers, including Tesla, put the USB charging port near the center air vent for the rear seat, as in this case where the rear infotainment screen is at.
There are only a few things more annoying than cables strewn about the cab of a truck. I actually like the thought behind it minus the eye-spearing phone/tablet rest. I would like to see the USBs stay there. Just give it a soft cover and call it good.

Sponsored

JessC

First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model X, Ford vehicles (diesel & gas), reserved R1T
There are only a few things more annoying than cables strewn about the cab of a truck. I actually like the thought behind it minus the eye-spearing phone/tablet rest. I would like to see the USBs stay there. Just give it a soft cover and call it good.
That's a WONDERFUL idea!

JessC

First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model X, Ford vehicles (diesel & gas), reserved R1T
Here you go. one is from R1T and the other is from R1S. From these pictures, they almost suggest that the two 'window' switch on the passenger side door is intentional, but nobody could explained it why on the event.

2019-09-13 20.04.20.jpg

2019-09-13 20.40.04.jpg
If three engineers couldn't explain it at the event and no one on the forum pages knows, wouldn't RJ be the last one in line to ask? Perhaps someone can bring this up at the next private event and get an answer?
Sponsored