SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Is there anything special that you have to do when taking a Rivian through an automatic car wash? Do the electric motors just freewheel in neutral while the truck is pulled through the wash?
Brian
Sponsored

monzarottie

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, MB Sprinter 4x4, R2 Reservation
Occupation
Retired
Is there anything special that you have to do when taking a Rivian through an automatic car wash? Do the electric motors just freewheel in neutral while the truck is pulled through the wash?
Brian
make sure you turn off your auto wipers ( if they're enabled). You may also want to tempoarily turn off your proximity alarms (mostly because the beeps are annoying in the car wash) Just do everything you might do with an ICE car in the carwash including putting your windows up. 😉

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Brian
I can't wait for @kanundrum's take on putting a $90k car through an automatic car wash...

Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
I’d only use a complete touches car wash. Nothing with brushes or cloth strips!

abirozy

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model s, lexus gs 350 f sport, toyota corolla
Occupation
lawyer
Clubs

Brian
Brian

One of the biggest factors would be if you are going to use a ceramic coating. If you are, I would recommend against it as it will completely destroy the coating.

I have an unlimited pass to our local car wash, and bring all three cars there including my Tesla, but that was only after my Tesla had sustained enough road rash, dings, and scratches for me not to mind.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I can't wait for @kanundrum's take on putting a $90k car through an automatic car wash...

Typically anything with a brush run away unless you really don't care about scratches etc. The ones with just water jets I don't mind in a pinch, the quality of products they use suck but it's better than having bird poop with rocks init on your paint I reckon ha.
Sponsored