Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

God yes, this!!! It’s so damn annoying. I just stand there next to the truck for 45 seconds hitting unlock buttons on the key fob and phone and eventually it opens but damn it would be nice if it just unlocked as I walk up to it like it does every morning when I leave the house.

I only seem to have this issues when I’m out at work or running errands.

Have had the same issue as well. Its great when it takes forever for the car to open in the Texas heat and cranky kids just wanting to get into the car
Sponsored

Afinver

First Name
Avery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Azera
Occupation
Business Owner
PAAK for me was really flaky after app 1.5 update. Has significantly improved after truck update to 2022.27.2 on Saturday.
I have the same experience. Since the last update to the truck software I no longer lose PAAK function and the unlock/lock feature works well and consistently. I have an Iphone 12 pro.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Rivian needs to push an update to the Android App to reflect changes with Android 13. Prior to updating to 13 my proximity locking worked very well for both unlocking and locking. Since updating to 13 I'm not sure it has worked a single time. I think changes to 13 to location settings or apps running in the background that is preventing it from working properly.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Rivian needs to push an update to the Android App to reflect changes with Android 13. Prior to updating to 13 my proximity locking worked very well for both unlocking and locking. Since updating to 13 I'm not sure it has worked a single time. I think changes to 13 to location settings or apps running in the background that is preventing it from working properly.
Have you checked all the settings and tried re-pairing your phone?

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
I saw on Reddit that they identified an Android specific issue, and in particular with some Pixel phones, and are working with Google on a fix.

Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I saw on Reddit that they identified an Android specific issue, and in particular with some Pixel phones, and are working with Google on a fix.
I have a Pixel 6 Pro so that makes sense.

RivianCurious

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EV, Rivian R1T
Clubs

Here's something that is new...
The Rivian App is not compatible with MS Surface Duo 2 Android 11. GRRR!
"Upgraded" on 8/6/2022.
It was compatible with the previous version. :(
Update: The recent android software update supports my MS Surface Duo!
And it works with OTA 2022.31.5 Rivian software update. Yay!

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

I like the SOC percentage option in the display. The more diagnostic info available to those who want it the better IMO. However, what I would really like is an SOC display option to show one place after the decimal either in the app or in the truck or both. The current 1.25kWh resolution is too coarse, especially if one is trying to track vampire drain.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1T, 23 Sienna
Occupation
Retired
In good news - It appears that they got rid of the annoying notification every time I force close the app… or at least I’m no longer getting it.
How did you get rid of this annoying message? Or did it come back?

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian app update 1.5.1 released | What’s new IMG_4828

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

How did you get rid of this annoying message? Or did it come back?

IMG_4828.jpg
Way to wake up an old thread LOL

That message will always appear if you force close the app. As of right now, you cannot disable the notification.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1T, 23 Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Way to wake up an old thread LOL

That message will always appear if you force close the app. As of right now, you cannot disable the notification.
I was searching the forums and this came up and thought you found a fix. I just got my R1T lol
Sponsored