Rivian app update 1.5.1 released | What’s new

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Rivian App Updates: New Version Detected: 1.5.1
Changelog is:
Bug fixes and continued improvements.

A de-compile will be done in a little bit and this post will be updated with anything new we find!
Sponsored

cbuckley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Changelog is:

A de-compile will be done in a little bit and this post will be updated with anything new we find!
In good news - It appears that they got rid of the annoying notification every time I force close the app… or at least I’m no longer getting it.

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Gladiator, Porsche GT4, and a bunch of bikes
Clubs

In good news - It appears that they got rid of the annoying notification every time I force close the app… or at least I’m no longer getting it.
Nope. Just tested it. It still gives the warning.
I can honestly see no noticeable change whatsoever. I'm gonna stop getting excited about app updates.

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
I can honestly see no noticeable change whatsoever. I'm gonna stop getting excited about app updates.
Need to pay attention to the type of update. Just like the vehicle updates, there are substantive ones and non-substantive ones (bug fixes). Both the app and vehicle use a two decimal (three strings of digits) methodology. This app update was 1.5.1, which was simply bug fixes as it was an update to 1.5. Same as the last vehicle update was 2022.23, but there were subsequently several bug fix minor revisions (culminating in 2022.23.5).

Please the release notes for both will tell you exactly how excited to be.

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T

I'd be surprised if a substantial app update ended up released into the wild without some form of a leak prior. Even without a leak I'd think posting on social media by Rivian makes sense. Similar to what they did with the birdseye camera view.

Sponsored

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
For those that aren't coders, Rivian is using a (slightly) modified version of semantic versioning. This is why the digits matter - https://semver.org/

cbuckley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Weird - I don’t get that notification any more whenever I force close the app.

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
Android app no longer crashes half the time you launch it. It was doing that on 1.5, so the 1.5.1 bug fixes are legit for the Android app.

RivianCurious

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EV, Rivian R1T
Clubs

Changelog is:

Here's something that is new...
The Rivian App is not compatible with MS Surface Duo 2 Android 11. GRRR!
"Upgraded" on 8/6/2022.
It was compatible with the previous version. :(

momo3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air, 718 Spyder
Has anyone noticed PAAK feature to be severely degraded after 1.5.1? Both my wife and I have iphone 12s, and generally PAAK has been ok...not great. But since 1.5.1, the R1T takes a long time to wake up in the app, so when it doesn't unlock, opening the app leads to a spinning wake up sign and a multi-minute wait before unlocking.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Has anyone noticed PAAK feature to be severely degraded after 1.5.1? Both my wife and I have iphone 12s, and generally PAAK has been ok...not great. But since 1.5.1, the R1T takes a long time to wake up in the app, so when it doesn't unlock, opening the app leads to a spinning wake up sign and a multi-minute wait before unlocking.
Re-pair your phones to the truck.

SecretService

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Granite R1T with 22” black wheels
Occupation
New home sales

God yes, this!!! It’s so damn annoying. I just stand there next to the truck for 45 seconds hitting unlock buttons on the key fob and phone and eventually it opens but damn it would be nice if it just unlocked as I walk up to it like it does every morning when I leave the house.

I only seem to have this issues when I’m out at work or running errands.

momo3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air, 718 Spyder
God yes, this!!! It’s so damn annoying. I just stand there next to the truck for 45 seconds hitting unlock buttons on the key fob and phone and eventually it opens but damn it would be nice if it just unlocked as I walk up to it like it does every morning when I leave the house.

I only seem to have this issues when I’m out at work or running errands.
Have you tried re-pairing the phone? Did it work? I’m guessing either PAAK is broken in 1.5.1 or it’s led to some corruption which requires re-pairing. I will try re-pairing today and see if that helps. I actually don’t know how to do it, but I’ll try to figure it out lol

SecretService

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Granite R1T with 22” black wheels
Occupation
New home sales
Have you tried re-pairing the phone? Did it work? I’m guessing either PAAK is broken in 1.5.1 or it’s led to some corruption which requires re-pairing. I will try re-pairing today and see if that helps. I actually don’t know how to do it, but I’ll try to figure it out lol
I read in another thread that deleting other Bluetooth and repairing helped so yesterday I tried that. Sadly, there are 4 “rivian sensors” that pair up pretty quick but the “rivian key” one seems to struggle to connect. Almost like the truck and phone just don’t communicate well/quickly.

bhopkins

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
PAAK for me was really flaky after app 1.5 update. Has significantly improved after truck update to 2022.27.2 on Saturday.
Sponsored