Rivian app - some new looks at screens / features

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
Maybe people with deliveries can see the difference, I don't.
This was posted on instagram showing the app while preparing to charge.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Nothing we didn't know already. Too bad you can't play around with the app unless you have a cloud linked vehicle.
I had been working on repackaging it to be able to get into the guts of the app, but I decided I'd rather just wait. By the time I get the truck it'll probably be completely different anyway.

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I had been working on repackaging it to be able to get into the guts of the app, but I decided I'd rather just wait. By the time I get the truck it'll probably be completely different anyway.

As far as I can tell its all cloud based in terms of authentication, I was trying to intercept traffic between the mobile app and a proxy but haven't had much luck. Just have that deep dive thread that has a decent amount of information.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

As far as I can tell its all cloud based in terms of authentication, I was trying to intercept traffic between the mobile app and a proxy but haven't had much luck. Just have that deep dive thread that has a decent amount of information.
I was just stripping all that away and handing it dummy information. It got to be more work than I wanted to invest.

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
A MITM alone won't bypass it. Like most anything else in the world in 2021, it's using certificate pinning.

If you poke around your android debug console logs, you should find this.

okhttp.OkHttpClient: <-- HTTP FAILED: javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: Certificate transparency failed

Pick your favorite OKHTTP certificate pinning bypass mechanism, and you'll be able to MITM it with your proxy. It's a standard REST API, like most anything else in the world made in the last year. The main usefulness is if you want to do something custom (IE: Make your own Alexa app, teslafi-like statistics, etc). There's no other surprises really work mentioning.

Before long, someone will post the API just like Tesla, so don't bother unless you're really curious.
Sponsored

Last edited: