Sponsored

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

Seeing new app that adds new fonts, pins, and summaries of new service requests. Just about to download now.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian App 1.4.0 Released & Decompiled IMG_9B02391BFB6F-1

Decompiled info by @rivianappupdates

We recently de-compiled the newest version of the app and as the change log said:​
Our latest update comes with fresh fonts, new pins and summaries of new service requests. This release includes:​
-A new pin design for the charging map that shows charger speed and availability at the glance​
-The ability to see the details of the service requests you submit in the app​
We found a bunch of resource changes to the app reflecting the changes above that you can view here:​

And found an interesting change at the end that they are no longer referring to the front trunk as the frunk, they now call it the front trunk. All string references go changed in this last update. Post showing the changes are here​

We've heard from a few folks that now their temps are displayed in C vs F, although we can't see why this would be happening app wise, doesn't look like they did anything to the temperature strings/code.​
They also updated the winch control code in this version.​
New around this form, but intend to post when ever there is a new version so we can take a peak at some of the stuff under the hood.​
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Michaewh

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 BMW i3 BEV, 2016 Mercedes Benz GLA45 AMG
Occupation
Business Owner
Nice to see. Would love to filter the pins to eliminated all of the slow chargers from view....

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Gladiator, Porsche GT4, and a bunch of bikes
Clubs

I gotta say, I was reallllly looking forward to a major app update and got really excited to see the update today. But there is basically no change. That's a bit disappointing.

omamatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Adventure; 2020 BMW X5
Changed my cabin temp to Celsius. Seems like a common problem.

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

At what point did the app become functional with your vehicle? I have a delivery this afternoon.

my app changed to show delivery info and some basic preparation info. I’m looking forward to seeing what car control features are available.

Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
At what point did the app become functional with your vehicle? I have a delivery this afternoon.

my app changed to show delivery info and some basic preparation info. I’m looking forward to seeing what car control features are available.
Not until you pair it with the vehicle and accept delivery.

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Another dumb question. Can I have two phones with my login? What about my wife, will she need her own account?

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Another dumb question. Can I have two phones with my login? What about my wife, will she need her own account?
She will need to have her own account.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I believe you can have your login on two different phones. Your spouse can set up her account, and I suggest it, as she can customize the seat, drive stalk, and mirrors to her profile.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian App 1.4.0 Released & Decompiled Screenshot_20220504-062618~2

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian App 1.4.0 Released & Decompiled Screenshot_20220504-062610~2

norivian

First Name
norivianyet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T in 2023 🤞

Congrats!

Sponsored

omamatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Adventure; 2020 BMW X5
If you have the Celsius problem in the app on iPhone, Go in to Settings, General, Language & Region and flip from Fahrenheit to Celsius and back to Fahrenheit. That will fix the problem.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
We recently de-compiled the newest version of the app and as the change log said:

Our latest update comes with fresh fonts, new pins and summaries of new service requests. This release includes:
-A new pin design for the charging map that shows charger speed and availability at the glance
-The ability to see the details of the service requests you submit in the app

We found a bunch of resource changes to the app reflecting the changes above that you can view here:

And found an interesting change at the end that they are no longer referring to the front trunk as the frunk, they now call it the front trunk. All string references go changed in this last update. Post showing the changes are here

We've heard from a few folks that now their temps are displayed in C vs F, although we can't see why this would be happening app wise, doesn't look like they did anything to the temperature strings/code.

They also updated the winch control code in this version.

New around this form, but intend to post when ever there is a new version so we can take a peak at some of the stuff under the hood.

Reactions: sub

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I believe you can have your login on two different phones.
I hope this is actually the case as it would probably work best in my situation since my wife will never be the driver but may need access to the vehicle. And, with this setup, if we're out together but my wife is within range of the vehicle before me, she can go ahead and start loading the dog without changing the driver profile.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

To top my Rivian problems today, here's a first-world Rivian-delivered white-boy problem:

With the 1.4 update, now my second undelivered reservation defaults at open instead of my actual delivered Rivian. It's getting annoying to open and change to my other Rivian every time...

Last edited:

Lexcyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt EV
Still can't download on iOS in Canada ... Was able to sideload it on Android though.
Sponsored