Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Announces New Timelines - R1T Delivery Begins June 2021 and R1S in August 2021. Pilot Production Starts 56616ecd-e938-4558-aac2-fd1f8f81cb9d
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Announces New Timelines - R1T Delivery Begins June 2021 and R1S in August 2021. Pilot Production Starts 0af44c05-226c-4a1b-85fc-e28a7e19150d
A pilot Rivian Skateboard frame tests out its new cradle
This week at our plant in Normal, IL, the work of thousands of Rivian team members comes together as our pilot production line begins running.

This important milestone brings us another step closer to our full production launch. It also allows us to more precisely estimate delivery timing.

R1T deliveries will begin June 2021. R1S deliveries will begin August 2021.

Keeping our team safe while making progress has been our top priority over these past few months. We look forward to sharing more updates soon, including details on key vehicle features, the date you’ll be able to configure your R1T or R1S, as well as our plans for our charging network.

Thank you for your excitement and support for what we are building.

– Team Rivian
Sponsored

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
Well, looks like we have our answers! Next June for the R1T, August for the R1S

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Announces New Timelines - R1T Delivery Begins June 2021 and R1S in August 2021. Pilot Production Starts 60175465-967C-45AF-847A-C30A91B12708

This week at our plant in Normal, IL, the work of thousands of Rivian team members comes together as our pilot production line begins running.

This important milestone brings us another step closer to our full production launch. It also allows us to more precisely estimate delivery timing.

R1T deliveries will begin June 2021. R1S deliveries will begin August 2021.

Keeping our team safe while making progress has been our top priority over these past few months. We look forward to sharing more updates soon, including details on key vehicle features, the date you’ll be able to configure your R1T or R1S, as well as our plans for our charging network.

Thank you for your excitement and support for what we are building.

– Team Rivian

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
skyote

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I was hoping for earlier dates, but happy to see progress & an official announcement.

OP
OP
skyote

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LOL, just posted the same!

Sponsored

UT Rivian

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMWM2
I was hoping for earlier dates, but happy to see progress & an official announcement.
Me too, another year is painful but I will keep the faith.

Hopefully some excitement can be generated once the online configurator is available.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

That timeline isn't too bad. Realistically it means Fall 2021 delivery for early R1S reservations like mine.

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagn; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2021 Toy Mirai
Well, the timeline's about a quarter later on the R1T and R1S than I would have liked and I've estimated in other threads and postings, but I'd rather have Rivian take its time and do it right than rush to market. Measure twice, cut once.

I don't see the point of releasing a configurator more than a quarter ahead of actual production, so it now sounds like the configurator won't be up and running until Q1 2021. Any thoughts on this?

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Not what I would consider "early 2021" per the recent James Chen (Rivian vp of public policy) interview I posted but it is what it is. Agree, nice to finally see Rivian starting to talk about production.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Well, the timeline's about a quarter later on the R1T and R1S than I would have liked and I've estimated in other threads and postings, but I'd rather have Rivian take its time and do it right than rush to market. Measure twice, cut once.

I don't see the point of releasing a configurator more than a quarter ahead of actual production, so it now sounds like the configurator won't be up and running until Q1 2021. Any thoughts on this?
I would tend to agree unless they decide to roll it out in phases, perhaps initially with colors, options, etc and later adding the ability to submit your config and get a delivery date. Releasing it sooner would give better insight into what they will need to produce but may be a bit riskier from a pricing perspective.

Sponsored

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
It’s possible, but that would kinda negate the whole “Late Summer/Right Around The Corner/Very Soon” line that Rivian has been giving us lately.

I’m still holding out hope that we’ll see the configurator August/September. Given that the actual vehicles are now further out than we expected, I would expect Rivian would want to keep up the hype and excitement, and the best way to do that IMO would be the configurator.

If we can’t have the real thing for a year, at least give us a virtual toy to play with

OP
OP
skyote

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

They've repeatedly said "late summer", and more recently "soon". There are a number of forecasting & supply chain benefits to having the configurator out well in advance of production.

Not what I would consider "early 2021" per the recent James Chen (Rivian vp of public policy) interview I posted but it is what it is. Agree, nice to finally see Rivian starting to talk about production.
I hope it's another case of underpromise & overdeliver, and I respect them for tempering expectations even though it's not what reservation holders hoped to hear.

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
just got the email as well. It’s a little disappointing but I am glad there is a more solid timeframe now, just gives me more time to save up. I am also going back and forth between a R1T and R1S so maybe they will host another live event next year when all of this COVID mess is over.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
With the pilot line running, hopefully they will soon have a fleet of vehicles suitable for test drives (whenever covid allows such events). As of a few weeks ago, Rivian was stating that test drives would come after the configurator release.
Sponsored